Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

I really wanted to like this product because of its amazing reviews but I don’t understand the hype?

First of all, I used this and the third day of using it I had red spots all over my face? Like all over, and I have really clear skin . It was really weird it wasn’t like acne spots or anything it was under my skin and it was itchy a little. I’m assuming I’m allergic to it. I stopped as soon as possible and went back to my Cerave Foaming wash and it cleared up within two hours which was really weird.

I rarely breakout, my acne is well under control right now so those spots were really strange. I’ve never had an allergic reaction to anything before using this.

Second, I have this app called “get dirty” and it tells you all the true ingredients in a face wash and this one. Omg. It’s so bad you guys. There are so many parabens in this that are extremely toxic and cancer causing. The toxicity rating on the app for this product is so bad and is a 10! How is this product allowed on the market!? I looked up other drugstore face washes to compare like the Cerave and Neutrogena, Biore, Vanicream, Purpose. None of their products were bad like Cetaphil’s daily washes ingredients. Stop using this crap. Nothing in it is beneficial for your skin. It’s full of toxic parabens and has common allergen ingredients.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE this cleanser! My mom and I have noticed such a difference in our skin after washing our face with this every morning and night. Our skin feels so much softer. I LOVE using this in the morning before I put my makeup on because I don't feel I have to use a primer - this gives me the nice clean face I want!

Plus, it's super gentle, which means no harsh ingredients. I have super sensitive skin and my mom has rosacea and we have had no problems with this!

on 10/15/2017 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I had been using this cleanser for a little over a year and I never realized that it was a cause for my acne until I looked at the ingredients. I purchased this item in the beginning because it seemed like a gentle cleanser and it got all round good reviews but when I used it, I would notice it would harshly strip my skin of all its oils and leave me surprisingly dry and the moisturizers I would put on wasn't enough to compensate for the oil that was stripped away. One random day, I found a website called CosDNA (which I really recommend) and checked the ingredients of this product and found that it had parabens, fragrance, and worst of all sulfates. After I saw that, I immediately dumped this cleanser because my acne is linked to oil production and when I used this 'gentle cleanser' my face would be extremely dry and as a result my skin would overproduce oils which caused worse acne. So overall, it was harsh for me despite having oily skin and I would recommend cleansers that don't have sulfates.

on 10/13/2017 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Favorite face wash. I have sensitive skin and the doctor recommended this to me after many years of buying products to wash my face with but ended up being irritated. Cetaphil not only washes my makeup off, but it also really deep cleans. It leaves my face feeling soft and freshly cleaned as opposed to dry and irritated. You also get a lot for what you pay for. You don't need many pumps - maybe 2 at most and it works its magic. I say this because I've used products that needed 3 or 4 pumps just to get my face cleaned but Cetaphil does the job great. I love it.

on 10/6/2017 4:26:00 PM

This cleanser does everything it says it does except it does still dry out my skin. Still have to apply mosturizer after. It is a little pricey too, the smaller one costs $8 and the larger one $12. Definitely only buy this when it's on sale, since there are daily cleansers that do what they say they will do for a better price.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference, I have combo/oily skin. My skin isn't sensitive and I am not prone to breakouts.

I love using this cleanser after the gym. It's very gentle and basic. Doesn't have a smell and lathers well. I do not rely on this cleanser to remove my makeup.

Overall, I would repurchase this again.

on 9/1/2017 2:48:00 PM

This is my favorite cleanser after trying so many out. I used to love origins checks and balances but it was too drying. Once I started oil cleansing, I use this to remove the oil and I'm left without any makeup or dryness. The packaging isn't cute at all but this product is so simple and exactly what I need to remove makeup and oil.

on 8/20/2017 12:44:00 PM

Disappointed in this cleanser, less than average, very low foaming, i'm still having breakouts when i'm using it, it does nothing to the skin, at least a little glow after using it would be appreciated .. and it's considered expensive taking in consideration it's less than average... i'm not buying it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

When I was in high school my sisters always used the cetaphil for normal to dry skin (the milky white one) and I hated it. It had the texture of snot and didn't do anything. I had acne and used what my Dermatologist recommended, the Neutrogena acne wash. Years later I discovered they had another version, the one for normal to oily skin. Its a clear cleanser and has a more traditional soap texture (I just can't handle slime on my face...). It cleans without stripping, doesn't break me out. It does an ok job with makeup but other's do better. I used this for a while but then an esthetician flipped out on me for using it. So I tried cerave for a while which I like except it's a little on the slimy side and it burns sometimes.

Edit 12/9/17. So I repurchased this and the smell really got to me. Weird. No longer a repurchase.

on 6/10/2017 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This product was prescribed to me about a year ago by a dermatologist to help with my mild acne. It definitely works! My skin has cleared up dramatically from using this along with another topical ointment prescribed by my dermatologist. I haven't used another cleanser since - I really like this one. It helps keep pimples at bay and my face always feels very clean and refreshed after using it. There is definitely an obvious scent to this cleanser, but that doesn't bother me considering all the many benefits I get from using it.

The Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Face Wash is pretty good too. My sister uses that, and I've tried it before when mine ran out. Overall though, I've repurchased the Daily Facial Cleanser many times, and will continue to do so. I have no interest in trying out other cleansers as I believe I've found my HG with this. :)