Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.3

on 5/2/2002 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i believe this is the same as cetaphil normal/oily cleanser just different packaging. i would like to say that this is a very good cleanser and seems to remove makeup better then cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. i like that it has a pump, which is very conveinent. the only real negative about this is the scent, as it contains some sort of masking fragrance. still i find this to be a descent cleanser for anybody with normal to oily skin.

on 12/21/2002 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

At first seemed like a great product, but as mentioned before..after a few uses, my skin got tight and dry. Then started breaking out due to over dry skin. Ughh. Screwed up my whole skincare routine, cause then I had to get a toner to get the leftover traces of makeup. Then I had to get a better moisturizer to put back moisture that was taken from me washing my face w/it. Sure it's cheap, but when you need to go and buy more products to accomodate what its done to your face...it just ain't worth it.

I use this at nite to remove my makeup. It works well, but it has a little hospital-ly smell for me. It works great for removing makeup.

on 3/8/2003 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Like it, but the smell is rather strange, almost like hairspray! I think it is a good cleanser however, and it seem to do a good job removing makeup.

on 7/4/2003 4:10:00 AM

The good: If you have very oily skin that is not overly sensitive, you may very well love this cleanser! It really gets the oil out. It did a good job cleansing my oily t-zone.

The bad: First of all, it overdried my already dry cheeks. That in turn made them so much oilier! Second, I do not like the fragrance. When I bought this I didn't read the package closely enough. I just assumed that it would be fragrance free like the original Cetaphil. Another thing is you have to really rinse a lot to get all the stuff off your face. There are these tiny little bubbles that just don't wanna go! Lastly, the stuff is so watery that I tend to use a lot and it ran out in a little over a month.

For my sensitive skin, I would not buy this again.

on 7/7/2003 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok, I know loads of people have slammed the scent of this but I actually like it! Kinda clean, kinda light floral - It's sure a YMMV thing! It works wonderfully on my normal skin, and really cleans without stripping. Takes makeup off well, and rinses nicely! I'll absolutely buy this again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this cleanser I started using it recently and it has worked really well for me--I have combination/oily skin and I used to have a red dry patch near my mouth no other soap or creme had helped but this cured my skin it is now soft and smooth--it's a keeper!

Update: 9/3/13
This is still a fav....not expensive, nice smell, doesn't break me out or irritate my skin, removes makeup....wonderful!!! I tried many others but came back to this it's awesome!! Doctor recommended!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is an okay cleanser. It freaks me out because there is no bubbly, and I need the bubbly. However, it lasts a looong time. I use it to cleanse my face at night before applying Retin-A, as per derm's instructions. My skin doesn't feel tight after I wash it, but it doesn't feel "clean." In fact, if I swab some toner on my face, I've got leftover residue. Mediocre as far as makeup removal goes, but I guess that's expected from a gentler cleanser. Although it burns at times, actually. Oh well. I suppose if it was very bad my skin would be breaking out, but it's not. A good cleanser if you need something "gentle" while on dermatologist-recommended acne medicine.

on 8/15/2004 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is not gentle. It fried my skin on my face and the insides of my nostrils (I hate the fragrance)! It did not take off all my makeup either.

on 10/7/2004 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a gel cleanser for the face, but I actually found it to be quite stripping/drying. It made my skin purge oil like crazy after I washed with it! And my skin's ph balance felt totally off! I was expecting way better from Cetaphil. The other Gentle Skin Cleanser from Cetaphil has been my hg for years. I use it on my body, when my face is feeling dry, and to shave my legs, and I like that one way better because it really is gentle. It's the cleanser that has a lotion consistancy w/ a flip top cap, so get that one if you need something truly gentle. Also, I tried to use up this Normal to Oily Cleanser as a body wash, and my skin was all red and irritated after. This doesn't happen with the other Cetaphil cleanser. It's easy to confuse the two in the store, so be careful when choosing the right one.