Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin type : Other
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.7

on 7/2/2001 1:37:00 AM

This is a wonderful mild cleanser that is gentle enough not to strip my combination skin, and yet removes makeup including mascara. The price is great too! Paula's choice normal to oily cleanser is very similar, but I don't see why it would be prudent to pay shipping costs, when Cetaphil is available at your local store. You may have to look a bit for this one, as not all stores carry the "normal to oily" version, but it's well worth it!

on 1/12/2003 7:49:00 PM

After hearing some great things about this product I bought it from Walgreens with high hopes and excitedly washed my face later that night. The first thing that I noticed was the smell...eww! A cross of detergent and bandaids. My skin didn't feel clean at all and the next day I noticed 2 small zits on my normally clear face. I seriously regret putting my money into this product but now at least I'm getting 'some' use out of it..I mix it with water and use it to clean my makeup brushes.

on 1/29/2003 10:32:00 PM

This is the best cleanser I have ever used. It didn't break out my skin or dry it out or make it oily. It is a gentle cleanser that is great for sensitive skin. I recommend it because it is really great for oily/comb. skin that tends to breakout. It is non-irritating to skin that is broken out. It didn't leave my skin tight or dry.

on 3/8/2003 8:21:00 PM

Wanted to really like this since the original cleanser couldn't wash off my make-up. The masking fragrance nearly knocked me out and would give me a headache every time I used it. This was returned to the drugstore.

on 5/15/2003 6:27:00 PM

Found this to be a very gently but effective cleanser, makeup remover, has a scent to it, though not an unpleasant one. A keeper

on 7/4/2003 8:39:00 AM

Cetaphil worked great for me for many months, then it just ran out of steam and did not seem to clean as well. I used what was left of my bottle to clean my makeup brushes, and it was great for that purpose since it is not as harsh on the bristles as other soaps might be. For those who this works for as a cleanser - consider yourselves lucky! I really liked it when it was effective for me, but unfortunately it can't perform for me anymore.

on 7/4/2003 8:52:00 PM

I had tried the original Cetaphil and was NOT impressed. This, however, is an entirely different product. Two pumps is usually enough to take off my makeup and cleanse my face without stripping it.

My skin is really bad about break-outs and I was searching for a cleanser that would get rid of them. My sister got a little extra in her one of her swaps of this Cetaphil cleanser and I tried it. Next thing I knew my skin was soft and oil-free! I would recomend this product to anyone!

on 8/22/2003 12:28:00 PM

I bought this after having some mild breakouts durning pregnancy, and it really has worked, it does smell odd, like cheap hairspray, but it does the trick, since purchasing it I have not had a single breakout. I use it with the cetaphil moisturizer with sunscreen. I also wash twice with it. I think it really does a good job of cleansing the second time on. It splashes clean easily, and is non drying, but still cuts out my oily issues. I will buy again and again until it stops working this way!

I have been using this product for about a year. It has done a great job of keeping my sensitive, acne prone skin in check. Its definitely not a very glamorous product, but it is very effective. I am able to use it in the morning and again at night to remove make-up and it gets my skin clean! I love the package (bottle with pump) and I usually buy this at Target for around $6.00.