Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I used this cleanser for 1.5 months. About a month in, I noticed lots of little bumps on my cheeks, which was weird because my cheeks are very easy to manage and rarely break out. I didn't think much of it at the time because you can't see them - I only felt them while touching my face while cleanser/moisturizing/etc. Then a week later, the bumps surfaced and became almost like a rash. It was nightmarish! It would be an exaggeration to say it ruined my skin, but it did cause some headache. I switched off Cetaphil a week ago and the rash is slowly receding now.

I see that this product does work for many people, but I am sharing my experience as to what might happen. Listen to your skin! If something feels off, stop using it.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I've used this face wash for many years. I have sensitive/acne-prone skin and this cleanser doesn't seem to aggravate any new breakouts. It smells good, kind of medicinally, and I like that is actually forms a lather. One caveat is that it doesn't really remove makeup that well. You'll want to use a separate makeup remover before this if you wear foundation or mascara. Other than that, I recommend this if you have sensitive skin and need a basic daily face wash.

I have been using this face wash for a week and my entire face is breaking out and tight feeling. I have oily combination acne prone skin and I wanted a non irritating face wash and Cetaphil seemed promising. This cleanser is not gentle enough for my skin and does nothing for my acne. It does more harm than good. The irritation may be due to the fragrance and strong chemicals. I would not recommend this face wash and I'm going to go back to Simple Moisturizing Facial Cleanser because it did not irritate my skin at all and is fragrance free.

on 3/2/2018 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was in search of a gentle, effective and economically priced facial cleanser and came across Cetaphil at Ulta. In the past, I have used Purity, Peter Thomas Roth, and a few others but thought all of them were too expensive for just cleansing. I use this with my Clarisonic and get great - if not better results than higher priced cleansers. Cetaphil is extremely gentle around the eye area and I experienced no stinging whatsoever. It removed my makeup easily and left my skin incredibly soft. My tween son loves it too as it doesn't strip his skin and the package doesn't look "girly". I believe the 16 oz bottle was under $15 and because it's not a prestige brand, I was able to apply their $3.50 coupon from their monthly mailing to it bringing the price down to $11. A great deal and great results!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My facial cleanser for almost three months! It contains only eight ingredients and has a pleasant scent. Its not doing a lot of foam if you face its oily but it cleans you can tell by the filling it lets at the end. I have tried so many cleanser and this one is not making my face dry or makes me have breakouts i feel my face hydrated afterwards. Its value for money and not with so much chemicals. If you want something for sensitive combination skin then thats the product you need.

I really wanted to like this product because of its amazing reviews but I don’t understand the hype?

First of all, I used this and the third day of using it I had red spots all over my face? Like all over, and I have really clear skin . It was really weird it wasn’t like acne spots or anything it was under my skin and it was itchy a little. I’m assuming I’m allergic to it. I stopped as soon as possible and went back to my Cerave Foaming wash and it cleared up within two hours which was really weird.

I rarely breakout, my acne is well under control right now so those spots were really strange. I’ve never had an allergic reaction to anything before using this.

Second, I have this app called “get dirty” and it tells you all the true ingredients in a face wash and this one. Omg. It’s so bad you guys. There are so many parabens in this that are extremely toxic and cancer causing. The toxicity rating on the app for this product is so bad and is a 10! How is this product allowed on the market!? I looked up other drugstore face washes to compare like the Cerave and Neutrogena, Biore, Vanicream, Purpose. None of their products were bad like Cetaphil’s daily washes ingredients. Stop using this crap. Nothing in it is beneficial for your skin. It’s full of toxic parabens and has common allergen ingredients.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE this cleanser! My mom and I have noticed such a difference in our skin after washing our face with this every morning and night. Our skin feels so much softer. I LOVE using this in the morning before I put my makeup on because I don't feel I have to use a primer - this gives me the nice clean face I want!

Plus, it's super gentle, which means no harsh ingredients. I have super sensitive skin and my mom has rosacea and we have had no problems with this!

on 10/15/2017 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I had been using this cleanser for a little over a year and I never realized that it was a cause for my acne until I looked at the ingredients. I purchased this item in the beginning because it seemed like a gentle cleanser and it got all round good reviews but when I used it, I would notice it would harshly strip my skin of all its oils and leave me surprisingly dry and the moisturizers I would put on wasn't enough to compensate for the oil that was stripped away. One random day, I found a website called CosDNA (which I really recommend) and checked the ingredients of this product and found that it had parabens, fragrance, and worst of all sulfates. After I saw that, I immediately dumped this cleanser because my acne is linked to oil production and when I used this 'gentle cleanser' my face would be extremely dry and as a result my skin would overproduce oils which caused worse acne. So overall, it was harsh for me despite having oily skin and I would recommend cleansers that don't have sulfates.

on 10/13/2017 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Favorite face wash. I have sensitive skin and the doctor recommended this to me after many years of buying products to wash my face with but ended up being irritated. Cetaphil not only washes my makeup off, but it also really deep cleans. It leaves my face feeling soft and freshly cleaned as opposed to dry and irritated. You also get a lot for what you pay for. You don't need many pumps - maybe 2 at most and it works its magic. I say this because I've used products that needed 3 or 4 pumps just to get my face cleaned but Cetaphil does the job great. I love it.

on 10/6/2017 4:26:00 PM

This cleanser does everything it says it does except it does still dry out my skin. Still have to apply mosturizer after. It is a little pricey too, the smaller one costs $8 and the larger one $12. Definitely only buy this when it's on sale, since there are daily cleansers that do what they say they will do for a better price.