Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by age: 30-35
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

When I was in high school my sisters always used the cetaphil for normal to dry skin (the milky white one) and I hated it. It had the texture of snot and didn't do anything. I had acne and used what my Dermatologist recommended, the Neutrogena acne wash. Years later I discovered they had another version, the one for normal to oily skin. Its a clear cleanser and has a more traditional soap texture (I just can't handle slime on my face...). It cleans without stripping, doesn't break me out. It does an ok job with makeup but other's do better. I used this for a while but then an esthetician flipped out on me for using it. So I tried cerave for a while which I like except it's a little on the slimy side and it burns sometimes.

This cleanser is probably the most basic face wash. Doesn't dry me out and feels like it cleans my face. It doesn't feel like a deep clean but I never feel that unless I am doing a scrub.

on 6/7/2017 6:49:00 AM

I love this cleanser, I am able to use it everyday and night , I do not have to worry about it getting in my eyes because its so gentle . It removes my heavy foundation( i wear estee lauder double wear camouflage ). It does not dry my skin out or leave it feeling greasy. I have sensitive skin and would highly recommend it to those with the same issue, I do wear a lot of mascara and will say it usually does not remove all of it so i am using a eye makeup remover to get what is left behind. I also was suffering from adult acne when i was introduced to this product and after consistently using it completely cleared ,I have tried almost everything and am most satisfied with cetaphil its very simple and light , the bottle lasts about a month, great value .Keeps me clear without fail!!

on 4/4/2016 9:33:00 PM

I'm going to share a piece of advice that saved my skin. Chuck this in the bin. And toss whatever other Cetaphil products you have lurking in the bathroom with it. Since age 13 I have battled with really painful awful cystic acne that just kept getting worse even as I got into my 30s. It was demoralising (and expensive) to have to constantly live under heavy makeup. I put it down to hormones. One day a skin therapist asked me if I used Cetaphil. I said yep, always have, after all it's dermatologist recommended and great for oily problem skin. She said most of her new clients with ongoing skin issues used it and promised me if I threw it out, my skin would improve. So I did. And instead I used natural sulphate free face washes. I got over my fear of using oils and embraced organic rosehip oil products. Six months later my skin is 100% blemish free. It's never been this good. I'm amazed at the difference. The moral of the story is just because it's marketed as the cure, doesn't make it so. Cetaphil is cheap, nasty and loaded with alcohol and chemicals that will only make your skin worse. I'm not saying stopping using it will work as well for you as it did for me but it's a good start!

on 3/25/2016 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My mistake was thinking because I have combination skin this would work for me. I was terribly wrong. This product dried out my skin so bad that my skin became cracked and painful especially around my cheeks. I had to use a heavy moisturizers right after using his product to try to ease the discomfort as this product stripped my skin so badly. Would not buy this product again sadly.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is seriously amazing. I am 30 and had really bad skin in my teenage years. Thru my 20's my skin was great. However in the last several months my skin had started breaking out really ad. So I had started using Rodan and Fields on face acne cleanser and it seemed to make it worse. Was reading reviews on what to use. I bought Cetaphil daily facial cleanser and it has been awesome! My skin is smoother and it cost me like $7 at Wal Mart. It doesn't burn when I wash it either. Awesome stuff. It may not work for everyone but I say it's worth a shot for $7

on 1/5/2016 11:43:00 AM

i don't get the hype. this product kind of sucks. it doesn't really clean my face that well. after i use it, i always have to use astringent afterwards and there is always so much make up, dirt, and oil on the cotton ball that my face wash should have cleaned off. it doesn't break me out or dry out my skin. still won't repurchase.

on 8/13/2015 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

(No acne, sensitivity or skin issues. I have normal to dry skin)
I tried the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and I could not stand it, so I exchanged it for this product.
I normally use the OCM with coconut oil. I am using Retin-A for antiaging, and Cetaphil was recommended by my dermatologist. So I decided to wash once per day with the Cetaphil and once per day with my trusty coconut oil.
This smells. Do you remember those heart candies that came around on Valentine's Day with little writing on them? This smells like those and it's very pervasive, and it lingers. A sickeningly sweet candy smell. I won't use it anymore just for that reason. Fragrance-sensitive folks beware.
However, I did wash with it several times and it certainly left my face a lot cleaner than the Cetaphil gentle cleanser. But the only way I felt this cleanser was fully removed was in the shower, under the powerful spray. When I washed with it at the sink, it was never truly gone and the smell lingered for hours.
My foray into the world of Cetaphil was brief and thankfully it is over.

I am not sure why I even bought this. I've been using it everyday for about a month. It dries my face out really bad, my face is itchy now. I'm breaking out more than usual since I started using this. Will probably throw it out asap already shopping for something else.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Was in between face washes...using something that was 'ok' but I was almost out of it but not wanting to spend the $$ on my normal cleanser just yet. I figured what better time to try this product. It's convenient to find and very affordable. I read the back of the bottle and it seemed like it would be good to my skin in this cold, Chicago winter. I have combination skin and don't have any major skin issues. After reading the reviews on here I couldn't wait to see what my OWN experience would be. After two weeks of faithfully using this product I can say that, like many on here, I am not thrilled. Not at all. I like the fresh smell, like the typical face wash texture...but that's about it. For two weeks I used this, morning & night, ...with my Clarisonic Mia...and my skin is slightly worse than when I started. The only problem I was having at that time was dryness and a rough patch or two on my cheeks which wouldn't have been a problem if I hadn't been estranged from my Clarisonic for going on 3 weeks. Anyhow, I may as well had of washed my face with the dishwashing liquid sitting on my sink... it actually smells similar. I hadn't even gotten through week one when I started getting small bumps. I thought that maybe it was just....idk what I thought....but I kept using it to make SURE it wasn't just me being too eager. By the end of the second week not only has my skin broken out but it is still dry. Not dry like the product dried my face out, dry like it didn't help the dryness already going on. And yes, I moisturize. Sooooo, summing it up, I think i'll trash this. I don't want to keep it and, a few months from now, forget why I didn't like it. I already made the trip to Ulta to buy it's replacement, my trusty Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel.