Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

4.5

on 8/29/2002 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is one of those items I haven't used in a while and have rediscovered. It is beautiful and so lightweight. I used to use Clinique which seemed heavy to me and a little irritating. I put the LM on thjs morning over a L'oreal foundation that I am test driving (trying to see if I can get away with a less expensive foundation) and it instantly made my skin look like silk.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool

This is just the right colour for my skin and doesnt look like you are wearing powder at all. I apply with a big fluffy brush and it keeps my face matte all day, i dont have to blot at all (my face is relatively dry in the winter though fyi)
The pot it comes in is sturdy and the sifter is good and i think it is an ok price considering its laura mercier and its a good product. I will definitely repurchase as and when as it makes my face look very silky and blemish-free

on 4/4/2003 4:21:00 AM

This powder is second only to Bobbi Brown's face powder in my book. This is a yellow based powder, but not as yellow as Bobbi's yellow face powder, or T. LeClerc's Banane. It has a lovely texture and is very finely milled. The finish it provides is very nice! Matte, but not terribly so. It does not sink into pores or fine lines and does a nice job of controlling shine on my combo skin. In fact, it does too nicely of a job controlling oil! I find it just a tad drying. The best way I can describe this is that it's somewhere in between Bobbi Brown's Sheer Finish powder and Face powder. So, if you found that the Sheer Finish was to drying, but the face powder didn't control oil well enough, this powder just might be the ticket! Good stuff. continued >>

on 5/19/2003 6:48:00 PM

This is one of my all time fav loose powders. I am about to repurchase this one for the third time. I like it best in the spring/summer, as I wear it over bare skin. It does a great job of slightly evening out skin tone and mattifying my oily t-zone. Doesn't sink into pores or fine lines either. The MA who helped me the first time I purchased this told me that for use on bare skin, the colored powders were better than the translucent, though I know it is also great. The LM loose powders are rivaled only by Chantecaille's loose powder in my opinion, though I like that one best in the winter since it is not as mattifying.

on 5/22/2003 5:25:00 PM

My holy grail of loose powders. This feels like no other powder: silky, light, and never cakey. It's also a perfect colour match for me, so I prefer it to the translucent.

on 12/17/2003 8:03:00 PM

This powder breaks my heart. It does have the ultra smooth finish that others rave about and makes your face feel like silk. It's one of those things where you apply it and then can't stop touching your face to feel how smooth and silky it is (not a good thing I know). For me the heartbreaker is that it caused very dry rash-like patches on my face as well as a minor breakout of cystic acne. I'm sure it must be the cornstarch in it. Rats. If your skin can handle the cornstarch this is a lovely powder. Unless you are very fair I would probably go with the ivory shade, though. The translucent shade in my opinion can make you look quite pasty and ghost-like.

on 12/18/2003 3:43:00 PM

This product provides a very nice, almost "airb-brushed" finish. Although it is weightless and not obvious (i.e. people won't look at you in the subway and think "nice powder," they'll think "nice skin"), it still manages to make your skin look very polished. My only complaint is that the coverage is very sheer and doesn't even my skin tone as well as I would like it to. Doesn't break me out at all, and I'm acne-prone.

on 12/30/2003 9:41:00 PM

Fabulous, fabulous powder! I wore the LM Translucent shade for a while then realized it was too light for my NW20 skin, especially when worn over bare skin or to dust over sunscreen, so I tried the Ivory shade, and its perfect.
Ivory is yellow-based, which I prefer, and is smack between the LM Translucent and the BB Pale Yellow shades. The texture and feel of this powder are out of this world. Pricey but definitely worth it.

on 1/16/2004 11:48:00 PM

I currently use LM translucide. Since my pregnancy my skin tone turns really pale and the translucide just makes my face so pasty and sometimes grayish. So, I give the Ivory a go and surprise2, it warm up my skin tone back to normal although for some reason it produces more oil on my T-zone. Moreover, I like this one better than the Bobbi Brown's Sheer Loose. I tried both on each side of my face and I could SEE that LM's loose sets better on the skin. It is like wearing nothing; on the other hand, BB's loose stay much longer and turn out OK after it blends with my skin natural oil. Anyhow, I love both brands...I just prefer LM's to set foundation and have instant effect that I could really see and I purchased Pale Yellow of BB in the compact. PUURRRFEEECTT..

on 3/23/2004 2:44:00 PM

Ingredients: talc, cornstarch, silica, polyethylene, isopropyl myristate, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines, bismuth oxychloride, manganese violet, carmine.

Now for the good part - this powder rocks! I was a faithful devotee of LM's translucent powder, but the little extra coverage this gives is worth it. Plus, she had discontinued her pressed powder in ivory. Also, for no foundation days, this doubles as a powder to use with concealer only. And the tub is huge; it will last forever.