Avon Glazewear (all)

Avon Glazewear (all)
Glazewear (all)Glazewear (all)Glazewear (all)Glazewear (all)Glazewear (all)

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

INGREDIENTS: Polybutene, Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Petrolatum, Lanolin, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Calcum Sodium Borosilicate, Acrylates Copolymer, Dis-DiGlyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Fragrance, Saccharin. MAY CONTAIN: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 27 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 6 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 33 Lake, Red 21 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

EDIT:
Glazewear has been reformulated again and is no longer available! The new replacement is called "Ultra Glazewear" and is reviewed elsewhere. The new Ultras have the preservative Tocopherol Acetate which dries out my lips severely and makes them peel. I will be snapping up these old Glazewears on ebay ect as they were super moisturising for me but will NOT purchase any more of the new Ultras.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
Glazewear has been reformulated with a new color range and is now fragrance free (was light vanilla like MAC), while retaining that nice smooth, non-sticky feel we loved the formula for. Most are sheer but the Intense range shows up almost like a liquid lipstick. It comes in three formulas:

“GLAZEWEAR SHINE” is like the original Glazewear, giving lips moist juicy color with sheer to medium coverage. Shades include Darling Pink, Tickled Pink, Iced Pink (frosty light pink), Mauve Movement, Island glow (dark gold). There is also a Clear SPF15 and some rarer "Duo Reflects" (love) that I'd place in this category.

“GLAZEWEAR INTENSE” has medium to full coverage that wears like a liquid lipstick. Cherry Liqueur, Intense Plum and Crimson rate highly with good pigmentation! Other shades are Brown sugar (a shade darker than Island Glow), and Sweet Maple (pale gold-beige).

“GLAZEWEAR SPARKLE” is sheer to medium coverage with lustrous shimmer. Mocha Latte, Mirage (gold), Dazzling Diamond (sheer crystal), Apple Cinnamon, and Rave (Avon sell a matching shimmer nail enamel also called Rave).

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Glazewear is has rich colors that you don't often find in lip glosses. But glazewear is more than a gloss and lasts longer. It's great for people like me with very dry lips that cannot wear lipstick.

on 3/2/2006 3:18:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

An all-around practically perfect lipgloss. Glazewear is not sticky, it's smooth. It smells like vanilla, feels quite moisturizing on the lips, and comes in a wide array of colors and finishes (sheer, cream, metallic, and glittery). I own Tickled Pink (my favorite, a perfect neutral medium nude-pink, cream finish), Darling Pink (a bit cooler pink than Tickled pink, and with some light shimmer), Rave (a cool sparkling pink), Dynamo (very similar to Rave, a sheer sparkling pink), Mirage (sheer gold shimmer), Rosebud (warm rosy red w/a little shimmer), Buttered Rum (Deep plummy red), Berry Cool (gorgeous cool mauvey plum color with a little shimmer), Peach Fizz (sheer pinky-apricot with shimmer), and more, I'm sure. My Mom sells Avon, so... I buy Avon. Lots of Avon. These bleed a bit and don't stay on forever, but I can say that about any lipgloss, but the bleeding is easily remedied (clear waxy liner outside lip line), and every lipgloss I've ever used doesn't last very long at all. So these are great and, they're cheap (they go on sale for $2.99 all of the time). I decided to take off one mark because although these are great, I still own a few brands that I like better (mark's glow baby glow hook-up lipgloss, or Clinique's glosswear, for example).

I’ve used this gloss on a daily basis for a few years now. It’s a good, super-affordable gloss. It is never sticky, and I like that it is scent-free and flavour-free. Also, I personally find it to be moisturizing. There are few cons though: No SPF, and the packaging looks cheap. (When it is brand new, it looks OK, but the shiny writing on the tube wears off very quickly, and the glossy black plastic top also looses its shine very quickly, and becomes all scratched.) I must say however that it has never leaked. Perhaps I should look for a different gloss with an SPF and more luxurious packaging, but when I see this on sale for three bucks, I can never resist re-ordering it! It is such a good deal.

For a long time, I have been hesitant to try this product. It looked too wet on the models, and I was not enticed by the look. But, while shopping in the mall one day, I succumbed when an Avon rep showed me the texture. I thought I would give it a try for $6 (it was cheaper than my beloved L'oreal and MAC). I bought blushing (a neutral pink-brown) and brown sugar (a brown with gold and bronze sparkles). I have tried several glosses/liquid lip colors (L'oreal, Revlon, MAC, Neutrogena, EL, Lancome, Clinique, EA, BB, CD, etc), and I feel that this is far superior to them. The consistency felt moisturizing and very creamy; it was not too tacky and not too light to make me think that the product had instantly vanished from my lips. The packaging doesn't leak, and the scent is very pleasing (like vanilla-cream, similar to MAC). The colors were true to the packaging color, another plus, as I didn't have to guess what the other colors I bought would really look like on me. The glazewear also had better staying power than a "pure" lip gloss, but didn't feel drying to my lips like some other liquid lip color brands. When Avon had a sale for $2.99, I bought a bunch more. I tried berry cool (a shimmery mauvey-plum color), chocolate fling (a medium brown color), plum wine (a nice plum-brown color), rosebud (a warmer pink-mauve with gold undertones), and teddy bear (pure medium/darker brown vs. chocolate fling). They are all nice, but my faves and staples are blushing and plum wine. Now that I have "discovered" this great product, no other brand will do. I would certainly buy this again.

These are the best lip glosses I have ever worn! Some of them have a slick vanilla scent, which is rather pleasant to smell. I own almost all of them: Darling Pink, Iced Pink, Mirage, Rave, Crimson, Cherry Liqeur, Intense Plum, Brown Sugar, Sweet Maple, and I'm hoping to get the rest! These are light and NON-STICKY (thank goodness!) and unlike other AVON products, the brochure seriously understates their quality. The Shine group provide the perfect amount of shine without being too over the top and with the perfect amount of tint. Darling Pink is my favorite Shine lip gloss so far. As for Sparkle, my favorite would have to be Rave. It's Shine's flamboyant cousin! Perfect for a top layer above a satin lipstick and just when you want to your lips to stand out (like say, a performance, party, etc.). I've worn them for my concerts and it's just performer-quality! As for Intense, my favorite would have to be either Cherry Liquer or Intense Plum. Intense also is my favorite category, it's one of the few lip glosses that actually provide the color they show. The most intense lip glosses I have ever tried and not as harsh as lipstick. Clearly, one of the best of AVON yet!

on 12/20/2011 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My go to color is Rave. I bought some in several other different shades, but I didn't like any of them. Rave is a wonderful color to wear alone or over a lipstick. Not much staying power in these, which is why it gets a neutral rating from me. If they're on sale, try them out. But they're definitely not worth $6.00 a tube. And I highly doubt they're the "best selling lip gloss" as Avon claims it is. I just absolutely love the color on me which is why I buy this again & again.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

These are by far the best lip glosses out there, not only are they smooth on the lips the lasting power is pretty good for a lip gloss, the colors are pigmented, and the shimmery ones are not overly shimmery. I think this beats all chanel, YSL, mac etc lip glosses, and many many other higher end and drugstore lip glosses I've tried. The price is amazing too. I know I sound like I'm exaggerating here but I really feel these are really good. Others have even stated that chanel and Mac and other highend lipglosses are all the same the difference is in the price. Because of the hype I've tried some and I wasnt blown away, cuz I felt it was similar to drugstore.
When I was told about these I was skeptical because I've tried so many and none have been comfortable on my lips, they were either too sticky, or too slippery like vaseline. But this is perfect, they arent sticky at all, and they arent so thin either. The packageing is like all other lipglosses. The quality is nice, I would definitly buy again, although it would take me a while to get through the stash I have right now. Also the darker colors could be worn on its own even. I generally wear all the colors on their own as the pigmentation for me is just right.
For those of you who want color and want to be able to wear it on its own and still have the pigmentation of a lipstick get the intense ones, they are truly amazing!

on 11/11/2009 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was using Avon stuff before I discovered better things for my face. Actually, this Glazewear lip gloss was great once upon a time. The colors were good, not too goopy, and the fragance and taste was not bad. Apparently, Avon is fond of changing their formulas in drastic ways throughout all their products. I bought a newer formula gloss recently because I had to finally throw out my old ones, and I didn't like the new one. The color was not what I expected, a bit more garish, and the gloss was definitely goopier. It is still not bad for the price, but I've since switched to Buxom lip glosses and am staying with those.

on 6/6/2009 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am sooo torn over this product..

What I love:

This gloss has fantastic texture- smooth and completely non sticky. It has good lasting power on me, even if I don't use a long wearing lipliner underneath. It also never dries out my lips.

Oh, I also love the sweet coconut/cake batter like scent. It's subtle and not overpowering. It makes applying this to my lips a pleasure.

The price is great too. It's normally about $8 Canadian a tube but goes on sale often for as litle as $3. Gotta love Avon and their constant discounts.

What I don't love:

The shade selection. Most of the colours are too cool toned for all, too dark, too sheer or much too light and opaque. There are no good YLBB neutral shades, wearable browns or peach/coral colours. This aspect really needs to be revamped IMO.

Here is the currest list of shades:

Clear- Just that...

Brown Sugar- Medium/dark warm, bronzey brown with shimmer

Tickled Pink- Light peachy/fleshtone pink with soft shimmer

Darling Pink- Light, pale mauvey pink with soft gold shimmer

Iced Pink- Very pale, sheer, cool toned pink with shimmer.

Chic Mauve- Medium purplish pink. ** very cool toned

Berry Cool- Medium rosey plum with soft shimmer

Rosebud- Medium/dark warm red with a orange tone. Soft shimmer.

Real Red- Medium/dark, true blue toned red. .

Raisin Glaze-Medium/dark bronzey plum with shimmer.

Chocolate Fling-medium taupe brown with gold shimmer.

Crimson-Dark plum with a hint of red.

Dazzling Diamond- Clear with silver glitter/sparkles.

Mirage- Light, sheer gold with sparkle.

Dynamo-Sheer pink with multicoloured sparkle.

Rave- Sheer pink with subtle sparkle.

If the shade selection were better this would be one of my favourite lip glosses. The quality of the product of the price is wonderful. I do recommend trying it if you can find a shade that you like.

What's in it? Here you are, straight from the Avon website.

INGREDIENTS: