The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner
The Body Shop Banana Conditioner - YUM!

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioner), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Honey (Humectant), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Lecithin (Stabiliser/Emulsifier), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Yellow 5 (Colour), Yellow 6 (Colour) [March, 2013]

on 7/9/2016 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

How did I not review this? This is my HG conditioner. I've used maybe 20 bottles? I use a lot!

Very moisturising and natural. Doesn't hurt my skin or scalp. I have eczema so I'm really careful with labels.

The banana smell is not always that nice as it sometimes smells very chemical rotten banana (to me, at least) but the smell doesn't linger. Which is good!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Lovely banana scent. It could be a tad more moisturizing but it does soften and add shine well. I will have to pair it with the ginger shampoo as other have suggested to see if there is a difference. My daughter likes to use this too. She has fine hair and this gives her the right amount of moisture without leaving any film on her hair. It does give slip in the shower and makes detangling easy. The banana scent does fade after a while unfortunately. I have not tired the matching shampoo, but this pairs well with some of my other shampoos well.

on 9/4/2015 7:49:00 PM

I would buy this again. I use this with the Ginger Shampoo from The Body Shop and they work well together. The Banana Conditioner conditions my hair without leaving a heavy residue that most conditioners leave behind. I would use a wide-tooth comb in the shower to detangle while the conditioner is on my hair rather than out of the shower as this conditioner isn't the heavy conditioning type that coats your hair so it detangles well. The Banana Conditioner more moisturizes your hair and doesn't leave much of a residue.

on 4/29/2015 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love this conditioner so much just like the reviewer below I also use the ginger shampoo together with the banana conditioner and I must say that this two are a match made in heaven, this duo transferred my hair to a super soft and shiny
Looking hair. Hopefully the bodyshop do not reformulate this at all. Will stock up when they have sales going. Love love love the smell too. Yummy:)

on 4/25/2015 8:19:00 PM

I use this product along with Ginger Shampoo also from the body shop. This conditioner moisturizes and volumizes my hair so much. Leaving them soft and shiny. I will leave them naturally dry and then apply argan oil to naturally shape my hair. No combing to make them naturally messy. Heaven!!!

on 2/26/2015 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have 2c, coarse, low porosity, normal elasticity and low-med density hair.

Since one of my staple styler (Suave Pro Captivating Curls Mousse) has -cones, I need a conditioner to cowash that has cetrimonium chloride (I've read several blog posts by bloggers with scientific background saying that cetac can wash away -cones), so I can still pretty much stick to CG routine.

Other than that, despite the thick texture, this conditioner gives my hair the much needed volume, yet still conditions and moisturizes my hair really well. I don't have much problem with my hair feeling dry. Although, I find I still reach for a dab of oil after I air-dry my hair.

I use this conditioner as cowash, rinse out and leave in. I don't see the need to have separate products for each function since this conditioner alone does all really well.

It comes a bit splurgey with the way I use it, Eur6.5 for 250ml that runs out in a month or less (I have a short bob). But I'd rather have one product that does multiple jobs really well at a bit more cost rather than having separate bottles. Besides, it's still nothing compared to boutique brands for curly hair.

What's great, too, is that TBS stores are all over the globe. Should I find myself moving elsewhere in the coming years, I know I can still find this product. It's a staple.

on 10/2/2014 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love the banana smell and it made my hair feel really soft and manageable. The only thing i don't like is I found i needed to use more product so i would run out quite fast if i wasn't careful. I couldn't afford to pay $20 each for those small bottles.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have dry ends and an oily scalp.
This conditioner smells okay but I did not feel it did much for my hair at all. The shampoo counterpart is much better but I would not buy this conditioner again.

on 6/21/2014 12:31:00 PM

Wow, I am downright shocked at how bad this conditioner is. It's yellow in color, silicone free, and rather light. But it dries my hair out terribly, making it feel straw- like and tangled. I tried mixing it with other conditioners, but that did not help. The shampoo I can get away with using. I'm mixing it with Avon's now discontinued coconut banana shampoo and conditioning with Circle of Friends banana conditioner, and my hair looks and feels great. This conditioner smells absolutely amazing, like a ripe banana, but it's getting used up as a shave cream since it does such scary things to my hair.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Dried my hair out really badly. :(

Popular Conditioners