The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner

The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner
Banana Nourishing Conditioner The Body Shop Banana Conditioner - YUM!

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioner), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Honey (Humectant), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Lecithin (Stabiliser/Emulsifier), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Yellow 5 (Colour), Yellow 6 (Colour) [March, 2013]

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Yum! I remember on a trip to Europe many many years ago this was available in stores over there although I'm sure it was slightly different to the one I picked up the other day from one of their stores. I was sold on the smell alone, nevermind the ingredients (for a change!) Fast forward years later and it's back, although slightly reincarnated. The latest version is perfect- leaves my hair soft, bouncier and tangle-free, all the good things a conditioner should do and better still - without the dreaded silicones prevalent in 99% of conditioners out there. The fragrance is yummy as I'm a big banana fan anyway and this just smells delectable. Would definitely re-purchase this. I'm still deciding if it's HG-status for me although I've got quite a few more conditioners from different brands to go through before making up my mind.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 4/10/2018 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really, really like how much slip this gives my hair, even without any silicones. My hair is soft and manageable (as manageable as my curly, dry hair can get) after use, and it's moisturized but not weighted down. It's the second silicone free conditioner I've tried, the first being Shea Moisture's Curl & Shine conditioner, and I like this better. I like the thicker consistency and how it's easy to distribute through the hair. And I absolutely love the scent! I feel like it speaks to the child in me, because it smells like banana marshmallow candy more than actual banana. Admittedly, when I use both the shampoo and the conditioner in the line it borders on being a bit too much, but used alone I love the scent of this conditioner.

I'm on the fence about whether to give it a 4 or 5 rating - really it's probably a 4.5. I can definitely see myself repurchasing it, but I won't stop looking for even better alternatives.

+ Cruelty free
+ Vegetarian (contains honey)
+ Silicone free
+ Good slip
+ Moisturizing but not heavy or greasy
+ Delicious scent

- Bordering on pricey, especially since I need to use quite a lot of conditioner
- While the bottle is cute, it's pretty sturdy which makes it hard to squeeze product out

I liked this product for a while (works with my dry hair) and liked it at the beginning but then realised that I had to use a lot of product every time (and I have rather short hair). Then I got tired of the smell.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the shampoo and conditioner I swear by! Runs roughly 12$ CAD a bottle but is always 40% off or BOGO My hair is always smooth, no frizz, not dry. The only thing I would change is to make the bottle taller and narrow vs short and chubby like it is right now. Sometimes getting the conditioner out takes effort and it’s hard to balance them upside down to help with this due to their shape

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love bananas and I love their smell. But the smell of this conditioner is way too intense for my liking.
It smells like a freshly opened pack of dried bananas, and the smell lingers for about a day. It's just too much.
Otherwise great product. Moisturize without weighing my hair down, adds shine, doesn't build up.

I used the whole bottle (pushed myself into finishing it), but I won't buy it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

It wasn't moisturising enough for me and my hair isn't all that dry. I will not repurchase.

on 7/9/2016 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

How did I not review this? This is my HG conditioner. I've used maybe 20 bottles? I use a lot!

Very moisturising and natural. Doesn't hurt my skin or scalp. I have eczema so I'm really careful with labels.

The banana smell is not always that nice as it sometimes smells very chemical rotten banana (to me, at least) but the smell doesn't linger. Which is good!

I typicaly do not like banana scented things but the smell was fine. This paired with the shampoo left my hair soft and moisturized.

on 4/4/2016 9:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So I am not a huge fan of the banana scent but luckily it doesn't linger. I use this with the ginger shampoo and the combination is wonderful. My hair is soft, shiny and healthy. My breakage and hair fall seems a bit less. I heard Body Shop will no longer be carrying their haircare line in stores (might be online only though) I hope this is not true. Would repurchase.
Edit - not using the ginger shampoo as often but still using this conditioner and it's wonderful. Never fails to leave my hair soft and shiny but also doesn't weigh it down.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Lovely banana scent. It could be a tad more moisturizing but it does soften and add shine well. I will have to pair it with the ginger shampoo as other have suggested to see if there is a difference. My daughter likes to use this too. She has fine hair and this gives her the right amount of moisture without leaving any film on her hair. It does give slip in the shower and makes detangling easy. The banana scent does fade after a while unfortunately. I have not tired the matching shampoo, but this pairs well with some of my other shampoos well.