NOTE: same review was done for the shamps and conditioner.
First off, I would like to say that in all my years as a MUA member, this is only my second review. Ever. Hopefully that will give you an indication of how badly I hated this product - so bad that I just HAD to warn you.
Now I know everyone is different, so I'll try explain EXACTLY what my hair type is like, so you can assess whether or not this product is for you (and judging but the overall rating, it most likely is).
Anyway - my hair is naturally very blonde (so much so that I tint my eyebrows), its extremely thick and wavy. It has a tendency to dry a little bit frizzy, but given I use the right products (aka oleo slim relax OMG), I can usually get away with having my hair air dry and it looking someone amazeballs.
I saw that this product seemed to target thick wavy/curly hair, so swapped it out with my regular shamps and conditioner (which was Matrix Keratindose). BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER.
To summarise what my hair was like after shampooing and conditioning with this:
- rebellious AF (even though I still used my Kerastase serums)
- curlier than usual, which I was trying to embrace if it wasn't so STRAW LIKE
- heaps and HEAPS of frizzy fly aways... even on my part/hair line
- thick, in a horrible separated 80s hair kinda way
When I tried to tame the mane, I got even worse results:
- When I dried it (with hair dryer or straightener) there was HEAPS of steam coming off my strands, its like it didn't dry and still had heaps of moisture in it. Even if I let my hair air dry and tried blow drying it 16+ hours later
- I added some glorious heat protecting / smoothing serums that usually work a charm, and they made my hair stiff and really dry looking
- it seemed to be frizzy no matter how much time or energy I put into it
I don't know what else to say. I feel like this whole experience has been a horrible nightmare where your HG products get discontinued and your stuck with horrible cave man hair. Whats worse is that I was still using my HG serums, and I tried multiple approaches (let it dry naturally, blow dry it, straighten it, curl it) and I ended up giving up and putting my hair up in a bun.
If anyone lives in Perth Western Australia, and happens to love this item (or wants to try it) please PLEASE direct message me and I shall sell a near full shamps and conditioner to you for a very reasonable price.