Matrix Biolage - Hydrating Shampoo

Matrix Biolage - Hydrating Shampoo

3.7

Ingredients: water, sodium laureth sulfate, sodium lauryl sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium chloride, cocamide mea, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, benzyl alcohol, methylparaben, propylparaben, citric acid, glycol distearate, guar hydoxypropyltrimonium chloride, tetrasodium EDTA, propylene glycol, polysorbate 20, algae extract, sage leaf extract, pollen extract, saponaria officinalis extract, wheat gern oil, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, yellow 5.

this is an awesome shampoo i love it and this was the article that made me want to buy it

on 4/17/2016 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am african american and have type 4a hair. I also relax my hair once every 6-8 weeks. I have always used moisturizing shampoos since i was in my sophmore year of high school. I found a few favorites like triple nutrition by garnier and tresseme smooth and silky. But they always left my hair feeling very fluffy. When i used this biolage shampoo i used the one called ultra hydrasource. This shampoo left my hair feeling heavy and unusually moisturized. My hair got the weight that i was hoping for but the shampoo and conditioner left my hair feeling like it had locked in moisture... literally. My hair felt like it was a bamboo stick in comparison to anything that I've felt before. I wasnt sure if i liked it at first but then after i blow dried it i realized that my hair wasnt as frizzy as it usually is after washing it. I then questioned whether i should put any oil in hair before straightening it because i didnt want my hair to be too oily. I then decided that i didnt want my hair to be stiff after straightening it so i applied probably the smallest amount of olive oil that ive ever used in mh hair before. Honestly i used about four sprays of it. I then pressed it out and then looked at it for what it might have been worth and it turns out that my hair was stiff but flowy and very heavy in some spots. My hair wasnt perfect but i think that was because the grease or oil that i used was too heavy on it. Overall, i think that this is a good product. It was pretty exspensive especially considering how we used to be able yo purchase the 33. 8 oz bottle for only $15 a few years ago. But the product is good and i think that its good cor anyone wanting to feel pampered and like they've just spent money on something good. Another thing is that this shampoo used to feel creamier and you used to only need a dime sized amount to wash your hair with. Other than that god product. More or less worth the buy.

To Read all 301 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to like this, because it smells absolutely divine. The sole lippie it earns is on that count.

I have very long, black, thick and wavy hair. I was hoping the Biolage shampoo would make good on its promise of being 'very hydrating,' but it failed miserably. My hair continues to be extremely dry, while my scalp now feels unclean and full of residue. It's also caused some dandruff, given this residue... and I haven't otherwise had dandruff in a long, long time! Several strands now break off everytime I brush my hair simply because the hair itself is so damn dry.

Honestly, good old Sunsilk that I was using earlier was doing a better job at cleaning, hydrating, all of it.

on 9/25/2015 1:52:00 AM

NOTE: same review was done for the shamps and conditioner.

First off, I would like to say that in all my years as a MUA member, this is only my second review. Ever. Hopefully that will give you an indication of how badly I hated this product - so bad that I just HAD to warn you.

Now I know everyone is different, so I'll try explain EXACTLY what my hair type is like, so you can assess whether or not this product is for you (and judging but the overall rating, it most likely is).

Anyway - my hair is naturally very blonde (so much so that I tint my eyebrows), its extremely thick and wavy. It has a tendency to dry a little bit frizzy, but given I use the right products (aka oleo slim relax OMG), I can usually get away with having my hair air dry and it looking someone amazeballs.

I saw that this product seemed to target thick wavy/curly hair, so swapped it out with my regular shamps and conditioner (which was Matrix Keratindose). BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER.

To summarise what my hair was like after shampooing and conditioning with this:
- rebellious AF (even though I still used my Kerastase serums)
- curlier than usual, which I was trying to embrace if it wasn't so STRAW LIKE
- heaps and HEAPS of frizzy fly aways... even on my part/hair line
- thick, in a horrible separated 80s hair kinda way

When I tried to tame the mane, I got even worse results:
- When I dried it (with hair dryer or straightener) there was HEAPS of steam coming off my strands, its like it didn't dry and still had heaps of moisture in it. Even if I let my hair air dry and tried blow drying it 16+ hours later
- I added some glorious heat protecting / smoothing serums that usually work a charm, and they made my hair stiff and really dry looking
- it seemed to be frizzy no matter how much time or energy I put into it

I don't know what else to say. I feel like this whole experience has been a horrible nightmare where your HG products get discontinued and your stuck with horrible cave man hair. Whats worse is that I was still using my HG serums, and I tried multiple approaches (let it dry naturally, blow dry it, straighten it, curl it) and I ended up giving up and putting my hair up in a bun.

If anyone lives in Perth Western Australia, and happens to love this item (or wants to try it) please PLEASE direct message me and I shall sell a near full shamps and conditioner to you for a very reasonable price.

xoxo

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Makes my hair so soft and shiny. Love this shampoo.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely am obsessed with this product. Whenever my stylist does my hair, it always comes out so smooth ad shiny before he even applies any serums! Recently I asked him what shampoo he uses and he gave me some ( he's a family friend). I'm in love. Will be re purchasing !!

If you have acne or just starting to get a little bit do NOT buy this, I didn't have to many pimples just black heads but with this shampoo it have me 10 pimples, I have over 6 on my forehead and the rest on my face, also it leaves your head oily after 12 hours or so,and it's a very uncomfortable feeling. Do NOT buy this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I like this shampoo and definitely would buy it again. As it gets my hair and scalp totally clean without drying out either. And, i find, that a little bit does go a long way, with this product.

This along with other products from the Biolage line do work really well for my hair. I do not use this product all the time. I happen to buy such, when i have extra money for splurging only.

on 7/24/2014 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

My mother bleaches her hair to a white blonde and blow dries it everyday. Lots of damage. But she has baby soft hair!!! Why? This is the shampoo she uses. Whenever I go to visit her, I use her products too and my hair is in better condition when I leave. So, I decided to bring it to my place!

I have long, thick, and colored hair(natural hair color black and dyed dark brown), this cleanses without stripping, does not weigh my hair down instead makes it so flowing. This makes my hair so soft and shiny. I can't keep my hands out of my hair! This smells fresh&tropical too. I buy this in the jumbo size and there's often good sales. Will repurchase.

on 7/11/2014 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

After getting my hair bleached at a salon, my stylist recommended this product because I was having a lot of breakage. All this did is my hair out and made my hair fall out even more.

Popular Shampoos