Make Up For Ever Eye shadows

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Make Up For Ever Eye shadows

4.3

Mica,Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Talc, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Zinc Stearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitain Sesquioleate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, [ /-CI77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI77499 (Iron Oxide), CI1140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77007 (Ultramarines), CI77491 (Iron Oxides), CI77492 (Iron Oxides), CI77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI75470 (Carmine), CI42090 (Blue 1 Lake), AI5402/01

on 5/22/2018 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I am a newcomer to the world of MUA eyeshadows and had only stumbled on it because I was looking for a dupe for a particular colour which I saw in a palette from another brand, but the texture of these beauties are simply droolworthy!

I have been wearing the ME 302 (Peacock) and the I 328 (Bronze - which is a close dupe for Bobbi Brown's Forest eyeshadow). Despite the metallic finishes, both of these apply just like cremes and totally win over other eyeshadows (such as the older Burberry Beauty ones) which I'd thought of as "buttery" in the past.

Staying power is respectable: I have oily lids and expect 16+hours' wear without touch-ups in a humid climate, so an eye primer and a base powder helps. With the ME 302, I tend to apply quite heavily to get a more dramatic colour, so this will inevitably crease after 6 hours' wear.

MUA markets itself as a professional artist's brand and are unapologetically so in their price point and packaging. These eyeshadows are up there in the "high end" price spectrum at £15 for 2-2.5g, excluding a permanent case (which are spartan and sold separately, although inexpensively), so it's all about the formula and the colour and absolutely nothing else.

I would certainly repurchase the ME 302 once I run out of it, but I'm not sure yet that MUA eyeshadows would dislodge my longstanding loyalty to my Bobbi Brown staples.

on 12/18/2015 8:01:00 PM

These are fantastic in all of the colors and textures I've tried (and I've tried everything from matte to diamond finishes). The range of colors is impressive, with every color in the visible spectrum available.

The pigmentation is great. The colors are vibrant and true to the way they appear in the pan. If you're looking for a true electric blue, ME216 has you covered. Want something a little more neutral? M626 is a good basic matte brown. There's something for everyone here.

What I really love, and what sets these apart from the countless other shadows out there, is the staying power. My eyelids are super oily. Creasing is part of my daily life. When I wear these with a primer, they stay on all day without creasing or fading. They still look great 8+ hours after I apply them.

My only issue with them (and this is relatively minor) is that only a fraction of the shades are in Sephora stores. I can't test drive most of them, so I have to do some homework and accept the risk of buying before trying them. So far though *knock on wood* I haven't found one yet that I didn't like.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have these in Eggshell and Pink Gray, which I use for a highlight and contour. They're really pigmented, and they blend out pretty nicely. I would definitely consider going to these for more of my shadows.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I thought I wanted really pigmented e/s's, but these just go to far. The darker colors are impossible to put on evenly, where your brush falls on the lid or upper lid is always going to be darker, you can't blend it into the rest of the area you want to color. The light colors can look chalky, a lot of them are really blushes they sell as e/s, and they feel like blushes, driers, etc. In fact, these are just dry e/s's period and not easy to blend, tend to be chalky,etc. Maybe if you are a m/u artist you can use them but I gave up, went back to Mac, but just the MATTE2 formula - their best along with Veluxe.

on 9/10/2011 12:57:00 PM

Really nicely pigmented eye shadows. I like the colors and they blend pretty well. My favorite is the dark deep brown. I would buy again.

Their matte eye shadows are my staples. Even though Iím a drug store makeup junkie, I have to admit the quality of the eye shadows is phenomenal. Though other finishes (satiny, iridescent, and diamond) do not impress me so much, the mattes are something you canít find anywhere but MUFE. I have 165 (Grey Beige), 076 (Beige), 162 (True Brown), all of which are super pigmented and long-lasting even on my oily lid. The packaging design is one drawback. It has kinda cheap touch for the price, and I am not fond of the magnetic close lid.

on 3/15/2011 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love them.
So pigmented, pans are bigger than most lines, big variety of colors...what else can ya ask for?

Oh, and I love that the single container eye shadows aren't glued in! Extra plus!!!

on 8/12/2009 12:40:00 PM

Wonderful, vibrant colour that really stays. As mentioned, the packaging leaves something to be desired.
I own just one shade as of yet, a very luminous purple... and I have found that it is difficult to blend. I wonder if it's just that a bright purple is hard to work with, or if the shadows are just made to ultra "stay-put".

on 5/9/2009 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The packaging got knocked down a notch because they're difficult to open and I'm afraid I'll dig my nail into it trying to open it. These are gorgeous and they stay put all day! Basically that means you'd better move fast in the blending process. Oh how mesmerizing!

on 1/23/2009 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this eyeshadow!! Comes in a million different varieties. Its texture is amazing - so soft and satiny, it feels delicious on your eyelids. It doesn't dry my eyelids out, and paired with UD primer, it stays put all day long. I bought it in 156 for my ultra natural days, just brightens my whole eye. Kind of expensive, but it does last and it looks beautiful.