MAC Cosmetics Cream Color Base in Pearl

Filtered by age: 19-24
MAC Cosmetics Cream Color Base in Pearl
Cream Color Base in PearlCream Color Base in Pearl

4.1

Octyldodecanol, Simmondsia chinesis (Jojoba) seed oil, Synthetic beeswax, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Silica, Jojoba esters, Copernica cerifera (Carnauba) waz/ Cera carnauba/ Cire de carnauba, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl palmitate, Alumina, Polybutene, PVP/hexadecene copolymer, Stearic acid, [ /- Mica, Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue I lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470). Chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), Ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Red 28 lake (CI 45410), Red 30 lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), Yellow 10 lake (CI 47005)]

on 9/29/2015 6:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got my Pearl from MAC as a gift and my first impression of the product was it's thickness. I've never used a cream-based highlighter before and it took me a while to learn how to get the perfect result.

The product is heavy, almost too much if you ask me and you really have to warm it up before using it on the skin, it also tends to take away parts of your foundation if you're not careful.

I usually apply it on my cheekbones, above the cupid bow and on my brow bones. The thing is that you really have to blend it out or you get harsh unnatural lines, which I don't appreciate when I'm in a hurry, sometimes I skip this product completely if it takes too much time.

If you in another hand do have time on your hands and want to create an amazing glowy/wet look for someone with a yellow toned skin this is the product for you! If gives an amazing shine to the skin.

on 2/10/2015 3:11:00 AM

Love this highlighter! No pink tones here! Which is fab for (NC35) yellow toned gals like me! I use this on my cheeks, cupids bow, I've even used this on my eyes and its FAB!

The consistency is solid in the pan but melts upon touching and blends on like a smooth cream. The key word in describing this highlighter is that it gives a GLOW. Because of the cream consistency it has that smooth glowy finish as opposed to the shimmer that is typical of a powder. What I love is that the dewy texture means it catches the light gorgeously but subtly, in other words it looks a bit more natural than the dry texture of a powder would.

The only downside is that because of the cream you have to be careful how/what you apply this product over. Mixing too many textures ie. applying over powdered skin or very matte makeup can result in a muddy or uneven look. I would suggest using this with liquid foundation, basically apply it before you apply powder otherwise it just won't blend as nicely.

on 5/28/2014 3:46:00 PM

I love highlighters and have been on the hunt for my holy grail product for a while. I believe that this comes quite close!
It is super easy to apply and blends into the skin really well. The colour is soft and not too sparkly which I like. It adds just a tiny shimmer and catches the light not a glitterbomb.

My only negative point with this is that it melts a little when its hot in the house and I have to keep it in the fridge :S

on 3/14/2013 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I'm not even sure why I bought this years ago. It really just sits in my stash. I purchased this to use as a sticky eyeshadow base, but with my oily lids, it doesn't function very well as such. My skin is way too oily to fuss with highlighters, and I prefer a matte brow highlight. I can see how this is a great product for someone who can use it, though!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this because I wanted to have a highlighter for my cheekbones and my brow bone unfortunately this highlighter has no lasting power especially because I have oily skin.
Putting it on my cheekbones I felt that it made not much difference
so for me it was just a waste of money.
What I also didn't like was the packaging of this product because whether I use my clean fingers or a clean brush I seem to get dirt in the product.

I use Urban Decay's eyeshadow in Virgin (comes in the Naked Palette) as a highlighter for my brow bones and you can also dab a little onto your cheekbones to accentuate it.

on 10/3/2012 7:29:00 PM

I don't really see what's so great about this product. It's just not creamy enough for my liking. Maybe it's just my skin, but it's not that great when trying to blend it. There's a lot better highlighters out there IMP

on 8/27/2012 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this highlighter. I received it in a swap and I ended up wearing it every day. Under my brows, a dot above the arch of my brows, on my cheekbones, a swipe down my nose, and a dot above my cupids bow and on my inner tear duct. It really just brings another whole dimension and glow to my makeup. It makes me feel like I'm a VS model when I have this on. For me, it's a crucial step. It's a beautiful iridescent shimmer not to OTT or greasy looking. The reason it doesn't get a five is because it does not last long at all. I need a highlighter that can last most of the day and this just doesn't cut it. Before noon it has completely disappeared.

on 8/14/2012 9:15:00 AM

PROS
I like the finish it gives
CONS
It doesn't stay on. My experience is that, after an hour it's gone.
Because of the above, I totally forget about it when I apply make up.
I dropped it on the floor, and the package broke.

on 6/25/2012 6:47:00 PM

The best cream highlighter I have ever used!
This makes dull skin come alive and look fresh and dewy. Im not sure how this would work on much darker skin tones, but its sheer and suitable for day-time - not at all glittery or harsh.
I personally apply this with my ring finger on the tops of my cheekbones, browbone, down the centre of the nose & cupids bow.
I love this product so much it has quickly become part of my everyday routine.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

love this. AMAZING as a cheek highlighter. it's actualy all i use it for, sometimes also as a tearduct highlighter, and it works beautifully. Not too frosty, not glitery, creamy, so amazing for dry skin... i could go on and on. Defenitely recomend it :)