Bath and Body Works Rice Flower and Shea (all)

No Image

4.6

This was another scent I picked up during their Semi-Annual Sale (along with Pink Grapefruit), and once I put it on, I was transported back into the late '90s, which was when this scent was originally introduced into their line. My mom used to wear this so whenever I sniff my arm, I think of her wearing this in the fall. It makes me think of her, heavy sweaters, crisp air, and gold leaves struggling to hold on to almost-bare branches. Cheesy but true. When I was testing it in the store, I wondered why it smelled so familiar and comforting, and when I brought it home I remembered why. Anyway, enough of my babbling. The scent itself oozes comfort: it's grainy, ricey, warm, yet light and fresh. Another MUA reviewer said it was minimalist, and I agree. It's something you wear when you want to be as natural as can be, with just a hint of scent. I can really smell the shea butter in this. It's just a really all-around non-offensive scent. Pick it up if you can. Not sure if it's still in BBW stores, but you can still find it in their Classics line on the website.

on 6/2/2010 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

*sigh* I love this smell...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a very soothing scent. It's a quiet grainy sort of fragrance, nothing brash or sharp about it. You won't overpower your coworkers with this, but you will probably feel very relaxed when you smell it. I do get a faint whiff of Play-doh when I first sniff it, but it quickly dries down into a warm rice/grain smell.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this sight-unsniffed solely based on the reviews here and I am beyond pleased with this product. This review is for the body cream in the tube. The fragrance is nearly identical to milk and honey scented bath products -but with a little citrus kick and not cloying as I find all milk & honey bath products terribly sickening. It's a sweet, doughy or starchy, skin scent that warms up into an airy Egyptian musk. I don't think it smells of Play Doh. I have little girls and thus tons of Play Doh in the house! I prefer the Classics packaging to the new Signature packaging so I gave it a 5 for packaging. I also purchased the body splash and it is identical to the cream. I wear musks and chypres almost exclusively. This is a nice 'cleanse the palate' kinda fragrance. Will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Certainly the best smelling scent from BBW -- especially the body lotion which is really rich and warm smelling, nevermind such a great body product. It smells like warm rice pudding.. creamy, vanilla, rice (starch) and some flour notes. It's a warm and comforting scent. I can't believe BBW discontinued it. That's a shame --- and unfortunate for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this scent. I don't smell play-doh at all. I agree with the person who said this smells like a hot summer day. It's my summer scent! It's a very fresh smell. You can smell it on you all day! I hate to see it's been discontinued but you can still order online, I'm doing so.

on 2/18/2005 3:28:00 PM

Rice Flower and Shea is simply the best scent offered by Bath and Body Works, and yeah, they discontinue it. Good job! It's not strong and fake smelling like a lot of the B&BW scents. It smells sweet, and warm and comforting with just enough of a scent. Very unique and pleasant and it won't make you queasy. I absolutely adore it and have just now discovered it. I'm stocking up on the Body Cream- such a heavenly scented and good product. I love the shea butter in this. Yummy and awesome. Nothing bad to say about this creamy rice-pudding wheat-like scent.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite scents, I have the whole set (sooo of course it 's discontinued). It's a warm, cozy scent. Vanilla, almond, and just a nice creaminess. Does smell a bit like playdoh, but that doesn't last. The scent lasts all day on me, and even the shower gel lasts on skin. I think this is one of BBW's most sophisticated scents, and I'll definitely stay stocked up on it!

on 12/29/2005 5:33:00 PM

I love the Rice Flower & Shea scent from Bath & Body Works. It smells a bit like homemade rice pudding to me. Not overpowering at all.

on 2/3/2007 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have this in a lotion, and would prefer it in a lotion rather than body spray.
I love this scent! This is definitely a minimalist fragrance scent for BBW. Usually I find their scents so overwhelming. This one is delicate and natural. It smells like a hot summer day at the beach. I love it! It is a real comfort scent, barely there, but just enough. I am so disappointed that in my BBW, it has only been around for a very short time, and already discontinued. My guess is that they released it here in the wrong season. But I for one, actually like having it to wear in the winter. Today, such a cold snowy yucky below freezing day, and I have this little bit of summer to hold on to.

Popular Body Skincare Products