3.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/10/2016 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I wore Love's Baby Soft all through my adolecence, and into my early teens. I was not a pretty or popular girl but LBS made me feel comforted and pretty. I loved it.
It had been discontinued for the longest time or rather; not available in Canada. I'd worn other perfumes such as "champagne" by YSL and a very special perfume called "Instant Shine." These are well out of my budget these days so I was delighted to find this perfume at Wally's for super cheap.
Any scent is different on individuals and that's true for LBS. On me, it smells light and powdery with slightly spicy notes. So comforting, it's like a warm, soft pink scarf. This perfume will always be my favorite.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I am so amazed by this little hidden gem! I was so happy that I decided to try this after all it has been around forever! Now I know why! Soft gentle floral + powdery goodness. Not makeup powder but a delicious delicate baby type powder. I put this on yesterday at 4:30pm or so and awoke this morning to a lovely soft aura of beautiful-ness! Yay! And I paid $6 for this little lovely!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Creepy vintage ads or no I'm in absolute love with this scent and have been for over 20 years. My best friend in high school wore this, I suspect, the Mem version. The Dana version is powdery yet spicy. The Mem version is pure baby powder with musk in the drydown. I also own the Menley and James version which is more animalic and almost "gamey"- must have been the bomb in its heyday! I had an interesting experience today though, with the Mem version. I was decanting some into an atomizer as it came in a glass continuous spray and I wanted to control the amount that came out as I live with a sister who HATES the smell of baby powder (go figure, I know!) I realized by mistake that I was decanting it into a rollerball bottle so I poured it into the atomizer bottle, rinsed out the rollerball and took it out for recycling. As I was going outside to the recycling bin, I caught a whiff of pure lilac; now lilacs are past their bloom here and I wasn't wearing any so figured it must be from the Love's Baby Soft. I searched Fragrantica but no one had made note of any lilac from the Love's. I know what I smelled, though! Sigh. In a couple of weeks it would've been my best friend from high school's 20th wedding anniversary. She was a beautiful bride that day- she wore a vintage 60's tiered wedding gown with baby's breath in her hair. Unfortunately, the marriage didn't last. We had a falling out years ago. I got in touch with her a few years back via Facebook. We talked a bit-she was living down South and was slated to move with her daughter back up here to New England, but something happened and she stayed down there and "unfriended" everyone from up North. I don't know what happened, but I'll always have great memories of getting tipsy off of Boone's Farm Strawberry Wine, late talks into the night, sleepovers, and her beautiful yellow rose bush that she lovingly took care of and the smell of her Love's Baby Soft...

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Love it in morning or after my workouts I grew up using it and still is:)

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love Love’s Baby Soft cologne mist. I’m 22 & I’m not sure whether or not this is marketed for young girls/teenagers, but its soft & powdery scent is one of my favorite things to put on after I shower. It is described as “delicate florals are surrounded by soft powdery notes & sheer musk.” I definitely smell more baby powder than baby powder than flowers. This is an awesome, very affordable fragrance!

Top Notes: Lemon Leaf, Orange
Mid Notes: Lily of the Valley, Jasmine, Rose
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Vanilla, Powdery, Creamy Musk

on 2/1/2015 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had this growing up in the 80's! I remember having a bottle when I was 11...I loved the fresh baby powdery scent!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is overall my favourite every day perfume you know if you still want to smell pretty but you don't want to over due it this is also a great perfume for the younger ones as it is not to strong and is a sent that's not to revealing or old school I definitely will re-purchase this product

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I read that men like this smell a lot. I think when I am unable to select from my multiple of very fine ones instead of what will cause the least amount of controversy then I spray on some of this. Its like a private joke.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love's Baby Soft is 1 of my fave inexpensive perfumes. It's very pretty, soft, powdery, & a bit of musk. You can buy it in 2 packs at walmart. I sincerely hope that they never stop making this. It's better in the glass bottles than the cans. I never did wear this growing up but "you're never too old for Loves" lol :) this is irresistible to boys! I will always keep a bottle around. My fave Loves scent is probably the lemon one, but Baby Soft is a classic. Glad it's still available year around!

I'm pretty sure this smelled a little smoother and richer when it was made by Menley & James in the '70s and '80s, but even in its current reformulated Dana version, Loves Baby Soft is a lovely, nose-friendly cologne that can be used very liberally without being intrusive to others. I specifically use the word "cologne," because I think that despite its furiously femme pink color and rather suggestive bottle shape (what's a girl to do with her Love's, exactly?), LBS is as unisex as CK One or Acqua Di Parma... or, perhaps closer, as unisex as baby powder itself (my dad uses that!). As for being a "young" scent, does clean and soft ever not work on a human body?

Lavender and citrus up top, with a tender musky powdery finish, you'll just plain Smell Good in this stuff. And there's a lot to be said for that. It definitely shows its age, in a good way. Makes you realize that even "teen" scents used to contain components of Real Perfume, as opposed to the candied sugarbombs now lining drugstore shelves.

I especially love this over a layer of J & J baby lotion-- lots of compliments at work on that combo. (Not so many on my vintage EL Cinnabar and Chanel No 5... those take more work to appreciate.)

Popular Fragrances