3.7

Price: $

Price: $

So easy to wear, so easy to love. It's among my all-time faves (and I'm 46). The Dana version available now, only earns 3 lippies from me as it is quite diluted and has an unpleasant plastic/butane sharpness that lingers after spraying. It's definitely worth an eBay hunt for a vintage bottle. The product was manufactured by MEM Company in the '80s and '90s, and that version has held up very well over time, the liquid inside is still pink and fresh, and it's available for $10-20 a bottle. Look for "BABY SOFT" in print rather than cursive letters-- that's the vintage version and it's sooo much smoother, sweeter, and more pleasant.

Yes, LBS smells like baby powder, but it's also got hints of berries, musk, and lilac. It's just as fresh, unassuming, and pleasant as can be. Lingers throughout the day, but is always unobtrusive. The shape of the bottle always cracks me up-- it evokes vibrators and dildos-- but given the creepy pedophilic ads for this fragrance in the '70s, I believe that was intentional. Ignore the creepy ads and the fact that this has historically been targeted at tweens and teens. It has the versatility of a classic refreshing cologne and it Just Plain Smells Good on Anyone. Young, old, male, female... probably would smell good on your dog or cat.

on 10/10/2016 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I wore Love's Baby Soft all through my adolecence, and into my early teens. I was not a pretty or popular girl but LBS made me feel comforted and pretty. I loved it.
It had been discontinued for the longest time or rather; not available in Canada. I'd worn other perfumes such as "champagne" by YSL and a very special perfume called "Instant Shine." These are well out of my budget these days so I was delighted to find this perfume at Wally's for super cheap.
Any scent is different on individuals and that's true for LBS. On me, it smells light and powdery with slightly spicy notes. So comforting, it's like a warm, soft pink scarf. This perfume will always be my favorite.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Creepy vintage ads or no I'm in absolute love with this scent and have been for over 20 years. My best friend in high school wore this, I suspect, the Mem version. The Dana version is powdery yet spicy. The Mem version is pure baby powder with musk in the drydown. I also own the Menley and James version which is more animalic and almost "gamey"- must have been the bomb in its heyday! I had an interesting experience today though, with the Mem version. I was decanting some into an atomizer as it came in a glass continuous spray and I wanted to control the amount that came out as I live with a sister who HATES the smell of baby powder (go figure, I know!) I realized by mistake that I was decanting it into a rollerball bottle so I poured it into the atomizer bottle, rinsed out the rollerball and took it out for recycling. As I was going outside to the recycling bin, I caught a whiff of pure lilac; now lilacs are past their bloom here and I wasn't wearing any so figured it must be from the Love's Baby Soft. I searched Fragrantica but no one had made note of any lilac from the Love's. I know what I smelled, though! Sigh. In a couple of weeks it would've been my best friend from high school's 20th wedding anniversary. She was a beautiful bride that day- she wore a vintage 60's tiered wedding gown with baby's breath in her hair. Unfortunately, the marriage didn't last. We had a falling out years ago. I got in touch with her a few years back via Facebook. We talked a bit-she was living down South and was slated to move with her daughter back up here to New England, but something happened and she stayed down there and "unfriended" everyone from up North. I don't know what happened, but I'll always have great memories of getting tipsy off of Boone's Farm Strawberry Wine, late talks into the night, sleepovers, and her beautiful yellow rose bush that she lovingly took care of and the smell of her Love's Baby Soft...

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love Love's Baby Soft cologne mist. I'm 22 & I'm not sure whether or not this is marketed for young girls/teenagers, but its soft & powdery scent is one of my favorite things to put on after I shower. It is described as "delicate florals are surrounded by soft powdery notes & sheer musk." I definitely smell more baby powder than baby powder than flowers. This is an awesome, very affordable fragrance!

Top Notes: Lemon Leaf, Orange
Mid Notes: Lily of the Valley, Jasmine, Rose
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Vanilla, Powdery, Creamy Musk

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Love it in morning or after my workouts I grew up using it and still is:)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I am so amazed by this little hidden gem! I was so happy that I decided to try this after all it has been around forever! Now I know why! Soft gentle floral + powdery goodness. Not makeup powder but a delicious delicate baby type powder. I put this on yesterday at 4:30pm or so and awoke this morning to a lovely soft aura of beautiful-ness! Yay! And I paid $6 for this little lovely!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love's Baby Soft is 1 of my fave inexpensive perfumes. It's very pretty, soft, powdery, & a bit of musk. You can buy it in 2 packs at walmart. I sincerely hope that they never stop making this. It's better in the glass bottles than the cans. I never did wear this growing up but "you're never too old for Loves" lol :) this is irresistible to boys! I will always keep a bottle around. My fave Loves scent is probably the lemon one, but Baby Soft is a classic. Glad it's still available year around!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I read that men like this smell a lot. I think when I am unable to select from my multiple of very fine ones instead of what will cause the least amount of controversy then I spray on some of this. Its like a private joke.

on 2/1/2015 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had this growing up in the 80's! I remember having a bottle when I was 11...I loved the fresh baby powdery scent!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is overall my favourite every day perfume you know if you still want to smell pretty but you don't want to over due it this is also a great perfume for the younger ones as it is not to strong and is a sent that's not to revealing or old school I definitely will re-purchase this product

Popular Fragrances