Dermablend Cover Creme - Cream

Dermablend Cover Creme - Cream

3.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 3%. Ingredients: Mineral oil, beeswax, talc, isopropyl palmitate, magnesium carbonate, carnauba wax, propylparaben, allantoin. May contain titanium dioxide/Cl 77891, iron oxides Cl 77491, Cl 77499, Cl 77492.

on 6/12/2016 11:14:00 PM

I come back to this foundation again and again, because it covers all my redness from rosacea and doesn't emphasize flaky skin from my SD. This is my HG. My combo skin has been so crappy and this is the only thing that covers it well without making it look overly greasy, dry , or cakey. After application, it looks like my skin but a million times better. It does, however, not always play well with other products, and I took a lippie off for price because it is expensive. Rest assured, one jar will last forever and ever.

PROS:
- covers anything and everything (full coverage)
- very natural coverage
- it wears well throughout the day and lasts as advertised
- small and portable
- comes with a spatula for sanitary reasons

CONS:
- easy to overapply in which it will look cakey (I use a damp bb instead of my fingers)
- *must* be used with mattifying primer esp during warm seasons because it can make me look oily (FYI all foundations I've tried do this on me anyway). Setting powder helps.
- it tends to oxidize *very* slightly so go up a shade - in all fairness, ALL foundations (especially higher end ones) I've tried also do this and I look horrible. Dermablend is the only one that doesn't oxidize so darkly and that says a lot.

So this isn't exactly an awful product, it just really depends on how you use it and how much you apply. When I purchased this a few years ago, I tried various attempts on using this on certain areas of my face. This became my go to product when I got desperate to needing power strength concealer which other make-up I had could not suffice. Obviously this is far too thick, somewhat oily and putty like. Fast forward to now, I still have loads left of it because you really just need to use it sparingly. This is perhaps a good back up product to just have around because I ended up using it today to cover my hyperpigmentation that shows up greyish/purple through my powder foundation. This thick, oily putty texture was just what I needed to blend in and conceal it, by only applying a tiny wincy bit. Alternatively I have Vichy Dermablend liquid foundation/concealer which does a good job of concealing in general without being on the heavy side. Although, not even that product could do a good job on concealing my mark which is why having the Professional Dermablend as a backup came in as a handy rescue. It is also SPF 30 which is great so helps the prevention of dark spots getting even darker from the sun. However, not great to use this as an eye concealer, far too heavy and accentuates lines. The Vichy Dermablend does a better job but even so probably not advisable. It is also cheaper to get this Professional Dermablend on Ebay or something but it can also be difficult to know which colour to choose.

To Read all 227 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I got this from ulta on sale for 19.00, usually 30 something. Will be returning. Comes out looking cakey and I hate trying to scoop this out, I've applied with a brush and a beauty blender. Does provide good coverage but transfers onto EVERYTHING even with being set with fix+ and banana powder. Save your money.

on 12/30/2015 7:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I remember using this product about 10 years ago when I had a huge bruise on my thigh. I was attending a wedding and needed to cover the bruise. On this occasion, it worked perfectly and stayed put for hours. In the last couple of weeks, I developed cystic acne on my forehead. I have never had acne in my life, so I purchased the cover creme because I did not want to attend Christmas functions with angry, red acne.

OK, something has changed with the formula. This is an expensive product at $65 Australian for a tub, so you would expect some decent results. I have read many comments here about application method being so important. I am not a newbie to applying concealer, so let me just say that this product is sub-par. I started by scooping out a small amount and warming it on the back of my hand. Next I dabbed a small amount on the area to be covered with my fingers and finished off with my Beauty Blender sponge. I did 2 applications each time. The product is supposed to last several hours without the setting powder and a lot longer if you do use the powder. I elected not to purchase the powder because it is just too expensive to buy both.

I was lucky if this stayed put for 2 hours. It settled into the dry areas and looked cakey and nasty. I cannot return it because we cannot return used cosmetics in Australia, so that is $65 down the drain. I learned a big lesson with that purchase. Dermablend is crap!

on 10/1/2015 3:23:00 PM

My housekeeper stole this from me! I was so upset because it was a nearly full container of the "old" formula in the white jar, not this new greasy stuff. I couldn't replace what I lost, so I bought the new stuff in the semi-clear container for $38 at Ulta. The color match is good, but the consistency has changed and not for the better! It feels greasy! The old formula was hard and bone dry but by adding a little Regenerist Serum to it, it did the job perfectly and lasted all day. I don't think it covers my sun spots nearly as good as before, the concealer seems to be more opaque than it used to be. I have to really pile it on to get the effect I got from a little dab of the dryer, older formula. I'll have to stick with it, this is probably my 10th purchase of the cover cream, but I'm on the lookout for a replacement now. It's no longer my "savior" product. Disappointment sucks, especially when it's with something that is supposed to be new and improved. It's not.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been very self conscious because of my birthmarks on my face. Everyone seemed to have amazing things to say about this so i bought it for $40 online. When it came, it did not cover them at all like it said it would. And it only lasted 3 hours then I would have to re-apply. It looked/felt VERY oily! And the color of it was not my skin color even though online it said it was.

on 5/25/2015 12:27:00 PM

This foundation is supposed to be high coverage but its not. Only works if you skin is normal not oily or dry without textured scarring. The consistency is oily sticky no matter what powder you use it will feel sticky. I don't recommend this if you are acne prone or have acne since it contains mineral oil( petroleum jelly) and talc that can make acne worse,clog pores and cause irritation. Hard to remove without using a oil cleanser. For those with texture scarring from ice pick/rolling etc... it will setting into the scars making it look more noticeable. For different colored hyperigmenation you will need more than one shade for pink/red you need warm yellow tones. Green correctors don't work it either too sheer or causes your foundation to look too light or even ashy. For dark/purple you will need pink to peachy to cancel/blur the discoloration if not it will show through you foundation looking greyish. Combination to oily skin this will slip and slide and pool especially in the t-zone. It's worse in hot humid weather. This settles into the pores, fine lines even creases and clings to dry patches. The only way to cover discoloration and scaring is to color correct first to avoid looking cakey patchy and heavy. Using this all over looks cakey heavy like a mask especially on older skin. This is pricey $32 if you need more than one shade. Those with different color discoloration need at least 2 to 4 different shades.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I heard this covered acne really well, I even saw youtube videos on it. At ulta they had this priced for $38 it was a little expensive for me, so I looked on amazon and they at it for $31. I was surprised that it actually came in a nice sized container I was expecting something small from what the reviews read. The great thing about it is that a little goes a long way. I barely used any to cover my acne scaring and pimples. It does a amazing job of covering scaring. The only downside it that it doesn't cover bumps very good. I was iffy about it after I read all the negative reviews, but I'm glad I got it and I will purchase it again.

on 1/30/2015 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Argh.
This concealer, i don't have many good things to say about it.
I'm in the UK and it is almost impossible to get your hands on it, and when you do, it's so expensive you practically need to sell an organ.
I have the newest version with the translucent package, which i don't like, there is less, and the product is different.

The actual concealer, i can use as a foundation, but the coverage just is not good, and if you do cake on enough to cover what you need to it's so waxy and transfers like nothing i've ever tried before. It never sets properly and so for me this is a total fail for me.

There are such better concealers for covering bad scarring, birthmarks and acne which isn't ridiculously over priced such as exuviance...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Best concealer in the world!HOLY GRAIL!