Dior Dior Abricot Creme for Nails

Dior Dior Abricot Creme for Nails

4.2

Lanolin, Aqua (Water), Parrafinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol , Lecithin, Sorbic Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Aluminum Hydroxide, Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Geraniol, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), BHT, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal.

This is pure genius! It is important to work the thick texture into the cuticles and calluses that seem to soften and almost disappear. The texture is thick but the secret is that it profoundly absorbs into the skin and has a long lasting effect. Other moisturizing products seem to lose their effect after a few hours, this one nourishes deeply. Definitely recommend the Abricot Creme, though it's pricey, it's gives me results that make my super dry nails and cuticles happy, so it's worth the investment.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It's interesting how there exists such mixed reviews for this product! I purchased Dior's Abricot Creme yesterday and actually came on MUA JUST to write this review! It's winter right now where I am and my cuticles are more haggard than I've ever seen them. It's not just my cuticles that are dry but the skin around my nails and it's causing my nails to actually hurt! I was applying Neosporin, many different cuticle oils and balms constantly, hand cream, vaseline, everything! But nothing was working. :(

Finally, I started using Dior's Abricot Creme last night and I am amazed!! Seriously, I'm a little confused about the reviews where people say the stickyness of the product gets on everything they touch because I'm wondering, "How much are you applying??" Granted, I was definitely surprised but how sticky the "creme" is. It doesn't quite apply like a creme in my option. More like... a sealant? All you need is a tiny bit. Remember, a little goes a really long way!! And be sure to really massage it in. It's sticky so it's not the easiest to just rub in. You have to really massage it in. But once it's absorbed into your skin, the creme stickiness starts to dissapear and hey look, I'm typing just a few minutes after having applied the creme and it's not all over my keyboard. I'm quite amazed by this product. It doesn't smell like apricot to me or roses for that matter but smell aside, I'm all over it. It's so good, I'm tempted to toss out every other cuticle product I have because what's the point of having anything inferior around now? Haha!

on 9/18/2016 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Very thick, sticky, expensive, and you may or may not care for the scent, but it really does the job and a little goes a long way. I got a pot of this and a bottle of Dior's Nail Glow in my stocking for Christmas (thanks, Santa!), and liked both so much that I'm on my second of each. When my nails are dried out and brittle from polish/acetone use, this cream restores them overnight and keeps my cuticles soft, supple, and hangnail-free. Excellent for winter use (slather it on at bedtime along with your fave hand cream, put on cotton gloves and sleep in them; a couple nights a week of this keeps my hands and cuticles from drying out and cracking in the cold). Good for daily use as well but is sticky so using a small amount works best.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a heavy duty product, not for fainthearted but it gets the results and pronto.

I'm almost 40 years old and I am still a cuticles picker. Whenever I get anxious I need to pick at my thumbs. My thumbs after a client meeting are torn to pieces, sometimes to bloody pieces. On a merest hint of a dry cuticle the pick-fest begins.

So the best way to avoid the temptation is to keep the cuticles neat and soft. And this is where Dior's Abricot Cream comes in and I have not found anything that would work better.

The consistency is very thick. And that is THE WHOLE POINT! The product needs to be throughly massaged in and then to be able to hold on to the skin over night to repair the damage. If it was a thin lotion sinking right in without a trace it would not do anything towards repairing damaged skin. Therefore i would only use it overnight or if you have to use it during the daytime, use it sparingly and massage in throughly.

Sally Hansen used to do a very similar product (although it used to be kind of a dry paste I had to scrub out of the box while Dior's cream is well, a cream, thick and greasy but easily spreadable) but it was discontinued long time ago and frankly none of the cuticle oils (and believe me, I've tried MANY) work as effectively as this cream. So if you are looking for something to just casually massage in your hands and maybe a bit into nails too than this is not your product.

There is a distinctive, not unpleasant smell of lanolin and a vivid apricot colour which disappears after a vigorous massage (and this massage is the whole trick here really - do it throughly and do it well), it also makes nails more sturdy over time and very glossy just over night. I also have impression that the cuticles do not grow as fast over the nail as without it but maybe it is the massage trick.

Hands look well taken care off and the skin is healed. I'm using only a tiniest amount so it should last ages. Also, I always leave the silver foil unpeeled so that when I travel with it, it does not leak out of the packaging or if left unused, it wouldn't dry in the packaging.

Brilliant product, it can also be used by men, the packaging is very minimal and unisex and there is not any paritcular kind of fragrance to it. Plus it simply works on these hard, pick-ready cuticles.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The Worst.

Dior is a great brand but this product is simply awful. After a few uses I literally threw it in the trash! It's incredibly sticky and gets on everything. I tried applying it with a brush but it still gets on your fingers and sticks to everything. It doesn't feel comfortable on the fingers because you're trying not to touch anything. Hydration was ok, but I found myself so annoyed I'd wash it off after a few minutes. Strangely enough, it's difficult to wash off and leaves a sticky residue on your fingers. This is just a nonsense product and I don't understand why anyone would like it. Just stick to oil.

on 12/29/2015 3:08:00 PM

Unlike many reviewers, I do not mind the packaging, although it does make the application a bit messy. I actually find this white, plastic pot kind of charming with its retro-boudoir design and impracticality. The product itself, however, is a different story. It is strongly scented, heavy, thick, sticky cream which leaves a greasy residue even when applied very sparingly. I used it continuously for almost a year, every single night, but it did nothing, absolutely nothing to improve the quality of my brittle nails. Neither did it soften and/or moisturize my cuticles. Definitely will not repurchase.

Sheer, vaseline-like nail treatment. It does not look or feel like a cream. I expected it to smell like apricots, but it does't. The smell is soft but rather artificial. Very sticky consistency. Has an orange/apricot colour to it, which is cute. It is long lasting, as you can only use tiny tiny bit of it at a time. I like the packaging as well, but I doubt I will buy it again. It does not do a better job than cheap vaseline does and it is even stickier/greasier than it. I have used cheaper and better nail creams/oils than this one. I don't think it is worth its price tag.

on 11/28/2015 11:05:00 AM

I have had this for YEARS and I always regret it when I use it. It is sticky to the point of absurdity. It is so impractical--I can't use it in the middle of the day because it gets all over everything I touch and I can't use it at night because it sticks to my bedding. It also feels very uncomfortable.

I absolutely love this nail cream. It is really thick moisturising and lasts forever and really good value for money- (1 pot lasts me a year and I use it almost every night).
I use the tiniest amount to massage into the nail and cuticle and it stays on all night and by morning my nails are transformed.
It is especially effective after gel nails when my nails are extremely weak - this takes care of them so quick!

'negatives'
- the smell: has a faint apricot/medicinal smell which might not appeal to everyone
- the product is sticky (because it is a treatment and it should be left on for a few hours to show results)
- the pot isn't always convenient because you have to apply it with your finger

despite the 'negatives' I will still continue to use this product as nothing has ever worked so well for me in such short time - literally overnight magic!

I really hope Dior don't discontinue this as it is my HG nail product!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It almost pains me to write this review, but I feel I must. I wanted to love this product sooo badly - and for $26, I had very high hopes that it would do at least *a little* something for my nails and fingertips. This is just a junk product in a very high-end package :( It literally did nothing for my nails. After a number of uses spread out over several days, my cuticles, nails, and even the sides of my fingernails still looked as dry as if I had just had a shellac manicure soaked off! Not even a hint of improvement after many applications. The texture of the product isn't as thick as I was expecting, but it's extremely sticky. It actually reminded me of this white lithium grease that my dad keeps in the garage for car parts or something. Scent-wise, this is still a losing product for me. The apricot scent is actually more of a fake perfume-y smell, like something an old lady would wear. And for what it's worth, the ingredients are just cheap stuff like petroleum and mineral oil...I know that petroleum can be very useful in skincare, but I expected to see at least one "money shot" ingredient in a $26 cuticle treatment, ya know? There isn't anything in this product that justifies the hefty price tag. I promptly returned it and picked up a $12 almond cuticle oil from The Body Shop. One application later, my cuticles looked smooth and hydrated, my hands smelled great, and I had no sticky residue on my fingers once the product was absorbed (which took surprisingly little time). If you really want the apricot scent, Sally Hansen makes a couple of different apricot cuticle creams that are honestly more effective, more pleasant, and smell better than the Dior version. There's also the Essie apricot cuticle oil, but that is a whole other story...

Popular Treatments