Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Brow Pomade

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Brow Pomade
Dipbrow Brow PomadeDipbrow Brow PomadeAnastasia Of Beverly Hills Dip Brow PomadeDipbrow Brow Pomade

4.4

on 4/17/2018 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is wet in the beginning, so just a teeny dip with your brow brush is all you need. Other you could end up looking like Groucho Marx. After a while, it starts to dry up, and becomes more like a powder, and is much easier to use in my opinion. I’m using mine almost daily for 10 months now, and barely made a dent. This will last forever.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is great stuff. I have pretty ok brows that just need a little filling and color and it works really well but I also think it works really well if you have very small brows and are missing a lot of hair (or all of it).
This brow pomade is a thick putty like texture. I used the MAC one before this and that one is softer and creamier. Because of that I'm curious how long it will take before it dries out. I've have one for 8 months and it's going strong and I just bought a second color a couple months ago. I was able to use my MAC one till the end which took me about 2.5 years. I feel like if I can get 2 years out of it before it dries out I'll be happy. Also, I always store my products upside down to keep them from drying out and I've yet to have cream product dry out on me.
They have a huge color selection but even still I debated a lot on what colors to try. Carmel works really well for my natural red hair but I wasn't loving it. Soft Brown is a warm brown that's darker than Carmel and has a more neutral tone that I really love. But I do have to be really careful to not give myself Burt and Ernie brows. I put a little on the cap and make sure my brush has very little product and then I can really control the amount and get it right. If I dip straight from the pot it's always scary. So for me Carmel is fine but I prefer Soft Brown. I use both the Anastasia 7b brush and the 20. The 20 actually works super fast and gives me a very clean edge. The 7b gives me a more natural brow as I can do more hair like strokes with it.
This stuff lasts all day, through sweaty workouts and rain and tears.
Overall, I think I prefer this to the MAC version. It's a little trickier to use as it's darker and drier but I like the finished product more. Also if you can't get a good color match in the MAC version there will definitely be a shade for you in the Anastasia line.

on 3/29/2018 10:21:00 AM

What's odd is that I've had mine for maybe two years and it's already kind of drying out. I don't usually leave it uncapped for that long. I'll double check the expiration date, it's just a little surprising. Honestly, I doubt anyone would use that much in 6 months... we'll see. If it IS expired, I wouldn't buy it again, I'd go back to her pencil.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have no eyebrows, people, because I over-plucked, so if I am only doing ONE thing, it is giving myself eyebrows. Make-up magically goes away on my face, so usually by day's end, I have no brows, and fuhgedditaboutit if I go to the gym or it is snowing or raining or super hot ..
So I am still searching for the product that will STAY PUT, but not look like I am a crazy Joan Crawford person.

This is not it.

But it is a nice enough product, and I like the finish of the pomade. The color pay-off is good, and the shade selection is impressive.

DUPE Alert: Sugar "Brow Beater" - I will give this a separate review, but if you like a pomade, try to find it.

I love this product it creates the perfect brow, it creates a brow that is the perfect definition as a brow on fleek! I love it. It is very long wearing and creates a natural brown that does not look drawn on. I love the colour selection I normally use the blonde or the taupe. This is my go to brow product

on 2/28/2018 9:28:00 PM

I was using the Anastasia brow powder to subtly lighten my black brows and a pencil to quickly draw the tail. It was nice and fast but if I accidentally brushed my face, my brows would be a bushy mess. Then I added clear mascara on top of that for hold. It was only a dash of each thing, but for the little tiny bit of enhancement I add to my brows, my 3-step process was too much. I was hoping that this pomade product could do it all - color, precision and hold.

Many of the photos I saw of this online had those really trendy thickly drawn brows. My makeup skills are not great and that very drawn-on look nearly scared me away. I prefer a more natural look, and my brows are pretty full to begin with.

I got a sample of Ash Brown and Medium Brown from Sephora, which was without a doubt the absolute perfect shade for me. Both shades are very cool, which I prefer. The ash brown is very cool and would work great for salt and pepper hair. I thought the medium brown gave a little more life and youth to my face, and it is still a very cool shade.

I use so little at a time that my samples lasted me months. They dried out before I could finish them. I bought the full-sized in medium brown. With the amount of product I use each time, this is much more economical than even using the cheapest drugstore pencil (provided that it does not dry out - will update on that). I am VERY sparing with the product, like barely touch it with my cheapo Japoesque brush. (I just saw that the reviewer below also likes her Japonesque brush, so I am not crazy for blowing off all these fancy, pricey brushes in favor of it :)). Just a quick swipe over each tail and define my arch and I'm done in 30 seconds. I actually did not like the Anastasia brushes with this; i got one and returned it. I found them too soft and it took a long time for me to put it on.

This does a perfect job or holding my brows in place. They looks so clean and perfect but not like makeup. I will say that I need to keep my brows groomed in order to use this. If I have a bunch of strays going on, I come out like Bert.

HG and pretty much the only brow product that I need.

on 2/16/2018 10:00:00 AM

What a wonderful high quality product this is! This does not dry out, goes on smooth and creates the perfect bushy eyebrow. My eye brows are thin and I like to thicken them with this dipbrow. I am not able to achieve any thickness by using eyebrow powders, but I can get my eyebrows to look bushy with this dipbrow. The trick is not applying too much but just the right amount. It sets perfectly, doesn't dry out, smudge or budge. I have walked in the rain with this and my eyebrows were still intact!

I use the Japonesque eyebrow brush to apply this product and it's a match made in heaven. I cannot say enough good things about this product. It's just perfect in every way!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My old and slightly dried out pot of dip brow still works as good as the day I bought it. I always get compliments on my brows when I'm wearing this.

on 2/11/2018 12:04:00 AM

Love this - I do use it with the Anastasia brush but after dipping, I use the inside of lid of the jar to wipe off the excess before applying - that way it is not so heavy-handed in the application. Lasts all day until I remove it, budge proof, sweat proof, you name it. I keep on at home and one in my travel bag since I am on the road so much.

on 2/10/2018 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I usually only wear brow powder, but I decided to give this a try. I find it works best and looks more natural if you dip your brush into the product, then brush the excess off on your hand , so it won't be too dramatic looking. The first time I used this , I applied too much and looked awful. So be careful and only use very little, as it goes a long way. Once it's on , it does not smudge. It does take more effort and time than using brow powder , but the overall look is much nicer with pomade. I will repurchase whenever I run out.

Popular Brows Products