Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

3.3

on 9/11/2017 5:59:00 AM

I had to review this mascara, because it's the one I keep getting back to.
I've been on vacation and it didn't budge all day even though i was sweating and getting into the pool several times a day. It's kind on the eyes (no stinging!), goes on somewhat easily, though it takes some practice, and if it starts clumping up on you (if you've been impatient), you might as well start over as it's pretty hard to save. At least that's my experience.

It's also one of the only mascaras I've tried that don't weigh down my lashes! I have OK long lashes with a nice, natural curl, and this one keeps it intact.
It comes off pretty easily with warm water, too.

I don't know if it dires out (to the point of uselessness) faster than other mascaras, but I've been using my latest one for about 3 months, and it should last me a while longer.

The wand is fortunately not a spiraling one, but it's just OK. Nothing special. I feel the wand holds too much product, but I've thought that of every mascara I've ever owned.

Overall it's probably the best mascara I've tried. It doesn't really do much for volume (but enough for me), but makes the lashes seem longer since it doesn't weigh them down. Price probably varies, but it's a mid-range price here, so it's OK.

on 10/9/2010 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite mascara, I love it. As the name suggests, it creates lashes full of volume which is what I like. It does slightly increase length and curl, but I like it because it creates fuller lashes. The thing I like most is that it does not clog or clump together, I only use one application moving from the base line of my lashes to the tips and it creates a really natural looking lash. Stays on all day and is a great everyday mascara, but also works great for night time looks. I love this product!

on 1/10/2010 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The is a great mascara. It is natural, doesn't sting the eyes and comes off GENTLY!

I love how the 'tubes' sit on my own eyelashes and it looks natural. People always think that I have long eyelashes but it's my little secret. I find that my eyelashes do not stick together or clog. I start the brush right at the roots of my eyelashes and comb them upwards. I quickly do a few strokes in quick succession on the outer lashes for the flared effect.

I think that this mascara gives a good extra 4mm on my own and up to 6 if I'm very patient and take care.

My previous mascara to this was Diorshow and while it was lovely and dramatic, it was a pain to get off. This mascara comes off with warm water and gentle rubbing.

This is a similar idea to Too Faced Lash Injection but the Mirenesse one does not have a horrible, plastic smell to it. All the better for natural products if it's being used in your eye area! Chemicals can get absorbed directly into the body due to the delicate nature of the area.

It doesn't come off or smear. If you cry and rub your eyes that's a different story. Like I said before, it's easy to remove. Just stick your head under the shower and rub gently.

The actual contents in the tube stay quite moist for a good 6 months. It is easy to apply. I usually use the black one but find that the navy is still dark but gives you a hint of colour whilst whitening the whites of your eyes. If only they had an indigo one :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I gave this item a 2 because it didn't smudge or come of and give me 'Panda Eyes'. Unfortunately, it was very dry, flaky, crusty and lumpy. It also stung my eyes. I noticed it on HSN, and have had great experiences with their beauty products, so I assumed this would be this same.....it wasn't. Due to the fact that it was no longer on HSN, I purchased it off of Ebay, along with many lip plumping lacquers (which I love). I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this.

I paid $25 for this mascara and it's one of the worst mascara that I try. I don't recommended this mascara.

Best: very easy to remove

Worst: Dries very fast and you don't have the opportunity to applicate a second coat.
Not worth the money.

on 11/4/2006 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

update on this mascara...after about 2 weeks it got clumpy, goopy and dried out. It is pretty much unusable after that time. My cheap Maybelline Great Lash mascara lasts longer than this!! Definitely not a repurchase.

on 10/1/2006 6:12:00 PM

I've been using this mascara for about 2 yrs. I love it, it makes my lashes look natural while making my eyes pop. It does get a little thick so here is a trick to thin it out a bit add a few drops of sterile saline and pump the wand. It helps you get a lot more use out of this product, because it's a tad expensive. The way it comes off when you was your face is the best it's easy and hassle free. if you want the natural look in your makeup give this a try. I'm on auto-delivery with HSN.

on 4/20/2004 10:41:00 PM

This is a nice mascara and gives my short lashes a lot of volume and makes them look thicker. My favorite mascara is still definicils but I have to say this stuff is very nice. I started with the black shade and ordered a brown as well. This is one of the first brown mascaras that actually show up on me and is really nice for daytime. I will reorder this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I always thought my eyeliner was running till I tried this mascara. I now know that is wasnt my liner but my mascara that was smudging. This product does not smudge at all. Down side is that its just an ok mascara. Got a tad clumpy, no curling, did darken but didnt thicken. It did lengthen a little. But it doesnt come off till you take it off. The little pieces dont bother my eyes either. I definately like this better than regular mascara cause i have no more racoon eyes! I will stick with this but hopefully the Kiss me mascara is better in terms of lenthening, darkening, and curling my lashes!
*Update* after 3 weeks, this really gets clumpy and almost unusuable. So you wont be able to keep this forever. Its also easier to remove than the Kiss Me mascara. i still like it and use it but i do have to use a metal lash comb to separate my lashes! overall its not a great mascara compared to others. THe only thing great about it is the way it comes off which is better than any product out there. I am kinda at a impasse because i really like part of it but really hate part of it and i cant find anything i like better.

on 10/17/2003 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Pretty average mascara. I was after a mascara that came off with warm water like Magicils does. This is a better mascara than Magicils (which did nothing for my lashes), but it's still not great. Secret Weapon made my long lashes stick together at the ends. It's not a clumpy formula, but really the only noticeable thing it does is make my lashes darker. Meh.