Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara

3.9

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

product that doesn't budge and i have watery eyes! although it doesn't add much in terms of volume or anything.

on 5/16/2012 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this Mineresse Mascara, I use it as my everyday mascara, for a nice casual look. Years ago I had trouble wish lashes that kept breaking and wouldn't grow very fast, but this little gem fixed the problem.

Underwhelmed, sorry! I find the formula darkens and separates my lashes, and applies smoothly and evenly without clumping - it's just that I get neither impressive length nor volume. Length is not such an issue for me as my lashes are pretty long naturally, but I desperately need my mascara to boost volume. With SW, my lashes are puny not plump - even when I have PILED on the coats.
So, I like that this mascara is an easy-to-apply-easy-to-remove formulation, but the look is ultra-natural (and I think I could get a similar 'faux naturel' look from a d/s brand.)

on 1/15/2009 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The original of this mascara is the best. Variants can be a bit dodgy in my experience. The one in the black tube is just awful...

on 12/30/2008 2:16:00 PM

I don't usually get excited about makeup, but this mascara is amazing! I've tried so many, & always end up rather disappointed & then use false lashes instead. My real lashes needed a break from all the glue, so I gave this a try after hearing someone rave about it.
My lashes look great- longer, thicker, & it stays on really well. Cleans off in little tube shapes w just water in the shower. & it curls, too!
Absolutely in love w this mascara.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I gave this item a 2 because it didn't smudge or come of and give me 'Panda Eyes'. Unfortunately, it was very dry, flaky, crusty and lumpy. It also stung my eyes. I noticed it on HSN, and have had great experiences with their beauty products, so I assumed this would be this same.....it wasn't. Due to the fact that it was no longer on HSN, I purchased it off of Ebay, along with many lip plumping lacquers (which I love). I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product given the reviews. I have a sample size version and I'm glad I didn't buy the full size because it is the worst mascara i've ever used. It clumps, dries far too quickly to get an even application and makes all your lashes stick together - not a good look!

on 5/8/2007 9:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have eyelashes that are a good lenght but need a little volume. This did the trick. Best of all, the mascara stayed put. NO MORE RACOON EYES!! I wish that it worked for me. To remove this mascara one is supposed to use warm water and gently slide the mascara off the lashes. After about a week of using this my lashes began falling out! Sorry but I'd rather have racoon eyes than no eyelashes. However, this did work for my friend who swears by it!

on 2/26/2007 12:20:00 PM

This mascara is not perfect but is the best I have used to date. It stays where you put it. It makes my lashes look longer than they are, thick and full and the black color in this mascara makes other black mascaras look brown. Two problems though, this is a dry formula and you must act quickly to get your lashes the way you want them. The reviewer that suggested adding water to keep it from drying out was a miracle, definitely works. The other problem is that it clumps. I use tweezerman's lash comb and works great for clumps but considering the way my lashes look with this mascara it is worth the extra time to comb through them. My lashes have never looked this good. The formula of this mascara is not like most others. I would say this one may have a bit of a learning curve but definitely worth it. Give it more than just a few trys. I love the ease of removal so much I cannot even imagine having to go back to a mascara where I need eyemakeup remover. Forgot to mention this mascara does not smear, run or flake on me. I love it!

on 10/1/2006 6:12:00 PM

I've been using this mascara for about 2 yrs. I love it, it makes my lashes look natural while making my eyes pop. It does get a little thick so here is a trick to thin it out a bit add a few drops of sterile saline and pump the wand. It helps you get a lot more use out of this product, because it's a tad expensive. The way it comes off when you was your face is the best it's easy and hassle free. if you want the natural look in your makeup give this a try. I'm on auto-delivery with HSN.