Jo Malone Red Roses

Jo Malone Red Roses

3.7

on 6/8/2018 2:01:00 AM

When i first tried this it was while i was at Neiman Marcus. I remember being stunned. Transfixed at the beauty of what i was smelling. It was like i was floating in a vortex of liquid mercury and rose petals. If ypu want a rose scent with no other notes to dilute the fabulous scent of roses in a garden then Jo Malones Red Roses is the perfume for you. This smells exactly like what the name suggests. Red Roses. Almost a victorian black gothic rose scent. There's a slight dew in the air and you dance in it. The dew turns darker. One raindrop hits your nose. You run smiling into the rose garden. Hundreds and hundreds of roses are now around you as it starts to rain. You drop to the ground under a single rose. You see a drop of water on the rose. It falls off the rose and hits your nose and you squeal in laughter and childlike delight with the innocent smell of a rose garden in the english countryside.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

My first Jo Malone fragrance and still my favourite to this day! I love how simplistic but sophisticated Jo Malone scents are - on me, this smells like fresh red roses with a burst of sweet lychee. The silage is surprisingly long lasting and I always get compliments when I wear this. Non-offensive but vibrant, perfect for everyday wear.

on 1/11/2018 12:07:00 AM

well...i feel a little rude wearing this since i know many people especially men don't like rose scents,but i just love it. clean and fresh. i especially like wearing it in the snow. don't know why.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love Red Roses...So Pretty...Red Roses smells like a Bouquet of Roses from the florist...a little Powdery...has Violets...Lovely Rose Perfume...

on 5/7/2017 12:13:00 AM

Just a super classic scent of roses that is super light and airy. Never overpowering.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I wore this New Year's Eve. It's such a sophisticated scent that lingers in the background and is not overpowering whatsoever. I am loving how back to basics jo Malone scents are. Would recommend

This is a nice, simple rose fragrance. It's lasts a long time and has good sillage. However on me, it is so similar to Perfumers Workshop Tea Rose that I can't see spending the money on this one. If you just like an occasional rose scent, grab the Perfumers Workshop version instead.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This perfume smells exactly like cold fresh roses just taken out of a florist's cooler. It's fresh, feminine and a very realistic red rose fragrance without that sour tone some rose scents can take on. I love this one!

So far, this is the best pure rose fragrance I have found. I love that it is light but I hate that I can't smell it after a short amount of time. I am extremely picky about fragrance and this is just lovely to me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

For a very rare occasion I do not like a rose fragrance. And even more painfully, I do not like a Jo Malone rose fragrance. I am quite in love with the limited edition Tudor Rose and Amber and especially in love with the permanent collection cologne intense in Velvet Rose and Oud. Red Roses is, however, a very stereotypical powdery rose, and it does hearken back to long ago fragrances, but it is so powdery that I personally just can't stomach it. The other two rose fragrances, I mentioned are wonderfully deep and dark (a favorite element of fragrances for me) and full-bodied without being cloying or headache-causing strong or sickly sweet or anything like that. If another element other than the rose floral in and of itself and the overabundance of powderiness is in red roses, it is an earthiness. But not in a musk or woodsiness, as is common in fragrances, or even earthiness in a botanical way, but an earthiness like soil. It literally smells like dirt on my skin. Of course, fragrances can and do read at least slightly differently on everyone due to body chemistry. So a free sample of this is recommended from a counter or online (2 free samples are given with every online order and Red Roses is one of the regularly offered fragrances in handful to pick your samples from), but I don't like it and would not purchase or get more samples of it.

Popular Fragrances