wet n wild #666 liner

Wet N Wild Lipliner #666#666 liner

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Lanolin, Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Palm Glyceride, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Oleyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon 12, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Mica (In Shades 663B,665A,666,712,714B,716), May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Ultramarine Blue Violet (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 9/25/2016 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I also used this in the 90's. I was a poor teenager and every one of my friends used it too. I remember it being a nude or dark mauve. Recently I've found it and bought a couple although now it looks more of a purple color. I don't know if I'm just remembering it wrong or if they changed the color. Its still a great deal though, a huge pencil for $1 so its worth a try. Its not a bad color, its just a bit dark.

Also, for those of you who can't find it in stores I found it in Walmart but the packaging is different and the color is brandywine.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i dont know when it happened but....
wet and wild changed the color of this lipliner 666!!
it used to be the most perfect fleshy pinkish nude color and now its a really dark chocolatey brown :(
not the same AT ALL...
why did they do that? they ruined a perfect color lipliner that i used for years and years.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WET AND WILD

A fantastic, incredibly wearable, basic color that goes on easily and has great staying power. It's a great base under lipstick, or with just a little lip balm on top. I have one in every purse and one in my desk at work. My only critique which, to be fair, applies to pretty much every lip liner I've ever tried, is that it can be quite drying. The only exception I've ever found is the Chanel liners...but they're literally 30x the price, so at least for me, they're not for daily wear.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Its a little metallic-y but its nice as a neutral lip-liner.

Honestly, I'm not understanding the hype. Yes, it's a neutral color (though waay too brown for my taste). Yes, it's long lasting and keeps your lipstick from feathering (I thought that's what all lip liners do?). And yes, it's dirt cheap, at 99 cents for a huge pencil. But personally, it doesn't warrant enough "wow" factor to merit HG status, or even everyday use.
(For those of you who don't like how hard it is, try warming it up between your hands and/or rubbing it on the back of your hand first.)

on 12/18/2007 2:14:00 PM

I found this at Rite-Aid and got the last one left! I am Indian, have medium-dark skin with a lot of yellow undertones. My top lip is darker than my bottom lip and I've never found a liner that matches my lips. When I wear the WnW liner, it shows up as a pinkish-brown. It was not too dark for me. I like to pair it with the Beauty Rush lip glosses from Victoria's Secret. I usually lean toward brownish colors for my lips, so this is a small step towards trying a different color.

I'm more of an eyeshadow person that lips, so I don't spend too much money on lipstick, glosses, etc. This was the right price for my (minimal) lip color needs.

on 7/10/2007 10:26:00 AM

This is supposed to be a universally flattering shade - like an inexpensive version of MAC Spice lipliner. I have a mediim olive skin tone and I still feel like this looks too dark on me. I wish it were just a tad lighter, maybe a bit less of the rose hue and a little more neutral. This liner cannot compare with MAC Spice or any other department store liner, but for the price, I always have one lying around. It actually isn't too bad when used like a lipstain - use to fill in the entire lip, blot, then dilute with plenty of lipbalm. I do that when I want my lipcolor to last most of the day without having to reapply.

on 3/26/2007 6:25:00 PM

I read a lot of articles raving about this certain color so I was very excited when I finally bought it. However, I was dissapointed to find that compared to the other lipliner colors that I've used from this brand, it definitely tugged at the lips. Also, the color is not as visible against my medium skin tone. It's more of a sparkly pinkish shade and not matte-like as I was expecting it would be.

on 2/3/2006 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

even though this isn't quite "neutral", this is my back-up neutral liner when i'm all out of W&W 712 (similar to Mac Spice but not as orange, a true neutral, YLBB). 666 is a shimmery rosey brown. i've been using this color for well over a decade. while i've had a few crumby lip pencils that were too dry, i think W&W changed their formula or i'm getting brand new batches every time i repurchase. the smooth consistency has been... well... consistent :). for the past couple of years, i've had nothing but creamy lip pencils in this shade--and i've bought from different locations and STILL the lip pencil was creamy. very good quality for under a buck. i'll continue to purchase and repurchase.

on 4/25/2005 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm a CCC and I find that #666 is the perfect natural color for me. Beware: this lip liner drys your lips out so use chap stick before applying. #666 is such a perfect match for my skin tone that I use it as a lipstick.