wet n wild #666 liner

Wet N Wild Lipliner #666#666 liner

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Lanolin, Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Palm Glyceride, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Oleyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon 12, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Mica (In Shades 663B,665A,666,712,714B,716), May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Ultramarine Blue Violet (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 9/24/2016 7:47:00 PM

I have been using this lip liner since the 1990s. It is the best nude lip line ever. I believe it was the actress Heather Locklear who said it was her "go to" lip liner and I bought it back then for 59 cents.....and never stopped using it. It looks great with a matching lipstick or just on its own. It has no sparkle, glitter, it doesn't migrate up your lip; it's just perfect.

All that being said, I'm concerned that people are writing in that they feel the formula and color have changed. I still have a few left over so I'm good for a spell but, how can we find out if they've altered something like texture or color? I know that the original owner of Wet 'n Wild sold the company and don't know how to get in touch with them anymore. Therefore, if I need a new one, I'd be afraid to buy one online as at least in a store, I'd be able to bring mine along to match it up. Problem is though, I don't see it sold in any stores anymore.

Look forward to hearing input from others on Makeup Alley.

on 10/19/2015 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's a nice redish Brown. It was only .99 cents so I can't complain. It looks nice with nude eye with wings with a nice pink gloss ontop and with a black smokey eye to give it the 90's look.

on 12/2/2011 6:14:00 AM

I can't even count how many times I have read someone say that Brandy Wine 666 is the ultimate universal shade. All I can say is no! No it's not! I double triple quadruple checked that I had the right product because I was surprised that it was so bad. It was incredibly dark- I am pale with cool tones, but many others who claimed to be the same enthusiastically recommended Brandy Wine 666. It also was incredibly drying- it was reminiscent of the time I went camping for five days and forgot my Chapstick. Ouch.

on 10/8/2010 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've used this lipliner for years. Normally, I fill in my whole lip and top with gloss. Great neutral color, not too creamy so it doesn't slide off.
Knocked a lippy off for the packaging. The stick is too long to fit in a makeup bag. The top comes off easily and is lost forever. I keep them sideways in a plastic baggie.
A classic, almost a HG.

on 10/29/2009 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I had a MUA friend turn me on to this about 15 years ago. It got me through the 90's. I have read that 666 is the color of MAC's Spice lip pencil before it was allegedly "tweaked". It is one of those "MLBB" shades that looks good with a good bit of my lipstick collection (Let's just say the producers of "Hoarders" would be proud), looks great on it's own or with gloss or lip balm, and it's only a buck or so for crying out loud.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have heard about this liner forever and kept forgetting to pick it up! I am so glad I finally did! I am fair with a light tan during the Summer and I LOVE this under gloss. I can't deal with full on lipstick in the heat. This is a great way to have a more polished look than just gloss. Get some! It's .99! I have spent 20x that on makeup I hated lol.

on 5/29/2009 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I saw this featured on the Today show as a cult beauty/cheap find. So of course, I had to go try it..even though I don't really even do liners. That said, it is a really nice color. A bit darker than I anticipated when I heard all the hype, but I nice neutral color. I put some on all over and then topped it with Smith's Rosebud Salve and it looked like I had full on lipstick...not just a quick slap on. The color is almost a burgandy.

on 3/22/2009 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Edited April 2012, just bought this again not realizing it was the same. The pencil looks different more metallic looking, more plummy. The pencil itself was more brown, it seems much plummier than I recall too. It looks nice under plum glosses and under beigey-nude glosses too. Good buy!

yeah um, sorry, no love for this seemingly universally adored product. when i wore lip liner daily, i didn't like this one. now that i doon't line my lips per se, but fill them in with liner to make lg last longer and recalling the rave reviews, i figured for $1.00 it was worth a shot again. meh and worse. i hate the color, just dishwater dull. muddy, nothing special, on me. and thats key of course, if it works for you then great cause i'd love to find a great, cheap liner that i love too!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm a lipliner virgin, so I decided to test the waters with Wet 'n' Wild.

#717 Berry Red has been a dissapointment thus far. Dramatic - but with potential smudging, looks more Heath Ledger as the Joker than Dita von Teese. I like it under Big Bow, Clinique's Extreme Pink and KVD's Backstage Bambi, but unlike #666, it's not foolproof. I need to put effort into making it work.

#666 Brandywine is incredible. Lasting power seems about average, but it goes beautifully with VGV lipstick. WNW lipliners completely cancel out any pigment in my lips, and do a B+ job as a fill.

My only complaint is the sheer length of the pencil. I find them a bit too long, making them a bit awkward when lining. It is however, great value for the money. [$1.96CDN @ Wal Mart!?]

on 1/27/2009 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have been using this as my HG liner for 14 years! It always seems to go with any of my lip colors and if it is too dark, I can always blend and make a great looking shade! I remember being a sophmore in high school and using it religiously and here I am at 30, still using it. I hope they don't discontinue it. I love this liner!

Popular Lip Liners