Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess

Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess
Bronze Goddess

4.3

Talc, Zinc Stearate, c12-15 alkyl octanoate, c9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, lauroyl lysine, acrylates copolymer, pentaerythrityl, tetraoctanoate, farnesylacetate, farnesol, bisabolol, pathenyl triacetate, BHT, phenoxyethanol, isopropylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides

For reference: my HG bronzers are Guerlain Terracotta for both the color and the performance during the day. But I sometimes get sick of using the same ones, so I tried the Bronze Goddess ones. It looked promising as I tried the shades in shop and the ingredients didn't show up anything that would possibly clog or break me out. So I got the shades 02 and 04. It's smooth powder, finely milled, the tiny shimmer bits aren't obvious, and on skin it blends reasonably smoothly. I mean, there are finer and better bronzers out there (like Terracotta or others for way less money). Bronze Goddess doesn't last very long on skin, it tends to disappear or gets wiped away from places where my hair comes in contact with it, that's an odd thing that no other bronzing powder does to me. During mid-day Bronze Goddess also tends to start to emphasize skin's texture, i.e., it creates texture where there is none, and it's not a flattering look. So the performance isn't exactly stellar, a less expensive NYX or Sleek bronzer outperforms this one on my skin. The worst flaw in my opinion is that this bronzer oxidizes, it starts out beautifully, reddish-brown radiant tan, but about half-way through the day (when the bronzer probably starts to break apart) it oxidizes and turns orange and a bit muddy. It ends up looking like an unfortunate self-tanning accident. I ended up giving the 02 shade away and 04 I sometimes use as eyeshadow, as the shade contrasts nicely with my eye color and I don't mind it oxidizing on my eyelid (the more orange my e/s is the more the blue in my eyes pops). All in all, it would be a great value for the amount you get, but it has pesky performance issues and the oxidation makes me rate it poorly. Though, it mirrors my over-all experience with Estere Lauder make-up as a whole, it's rather mediocre when it comes to actual performance, which is a shame as the shades are usually well suited for everyday wear. I do like the sturdy packing of the bronzer, I've dropped it a couple times and it survived intact (which is more I can say for the notoriously bad shells Guerlain uses for Terracotta).

on 3/5/2017 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is an HG bronzer! I like the variety in shades. It blends beautifully on the skin, and gives you a sunkissed look. The packaging is great, it's a huge bronzer. It lasts a long time for me! The shades don't look too orange, just a nice bronze color. Definitely worth checking out!

on 3/22/2016 12:25:00 PM

So happy with this. It ain't cheap but it does the job ever so well!

My bronzer philosophy is really simple- if you can tell she is wearing bronzer, then it's a fail- irrespective of whether or not the colour is a decent match etc... For me bronzer should give a healthy lift to your complexion whilst being undetectable.

I am a proper pale girl with olive toned skin and I bought the shade 'Medium'. I was advised by the EL online chat person to select 'Light' but in the store I went with medium because it leans a little bit reddish, sort of a house brick shade. When I tan I do have a little redness in there- as many women do- so this seemed like the most natural option for me. The 'Light' shade might have been a little paler but it is also more orange, like a lot of the drugstore bronzers shades.

I love that this is buildable. I use the RT blush brush and find it very easy to apply the correct amount. It is a firmer powder product, not crumbly- ideal in my opinion because the softer the powder the more pigment you tend to pick up which is, at best, a waste of product and at worst just far too heavy. It has shimmers in the pan but it's not at all something you notice on the skin so you don't have to fear looking like an extra off Twilight.

The compact is really big- I am guessing to make it easy to use a large brush for body application as well as the face.

A daily fixture in my makeup bag. And I have literally no desire to find another bronzer by anyone else. I think that is when you know you are genuinely satisfied with a purchase.

Update: I love this so much. It's become the one product that I can't imagine being without. They'll be prising it from my cold dead (but perfectly bronzed....) corpse....

on 6/14/2016 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am on the hunt to replace my beloved Giorgio Armani Sheer Powder Bronzer #1 which was discontinued. I have a lot of cool pink undertones, chemical and fragrance sensitivity, so it's been rough. I had great hopes for this as so many have said it's a real believeable shade of bronze. Unfortunately, this was orangey on my skin and it didn't look natural on my face. Oh well the search continues. A big plus was it has no fragrance if you are sensitive and have warmer undertones you would probably be a match for this one.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Love Love Love this bronzer!
This is one of my top 4 bronzers of all time (together with Dior , Guerlain and Burberry. I tried so many of them!
It is finely milled, does not give the orange look, it has a very subtle shimmer and gives an healthy glow,
I own this in 2 shades: 01 Light, that can be used all year round (I am NC15-20 in winter 3 tones darker in summer) and shade Medium-deep, that is the 3rd shade in the range and it is more pigmented: OK for summer.
I love it that it has golden tones (not orange a all) and a very subtle shimmer/glo (no sparkeles !)..
The other BIG plus is the HUGE compact, you get 21 grams for it and this is the double of a normal bronzer (let alone NARS: the Laguna pan is so shallow it lasted me only a couple of months! I love Nars for the peerformance but you don't get a lot of product for your money)
So Bronze Goddess is a real bargain, you get a lot of product and a nice compact, plus the lovely, soft brush (that I use only when I am on he go)

I use it also Bronze Goddess in winter, the light shade that gives you a healthy look, It leave your skin shine-free and is very comfortable.
I totally recommend this bronzer!!

on 11/10/2016 5:02:00 AM

I love this more than my old love: Nars Laguna, it is not too brown,not too red, it's just a natural beautiful sun glow, and it is a huge pan! worth the price! I'm Asian nc20-25 fair skin, I use the shade:light

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Overall I would rate this bronzer 4.5 lipsticks as it gives me that subtle glow reminiscent of Guerlain's bronzers but for less money.
I'm a NC30 and Medium works with my skin tone but I need to be careful not to use a heavy hand. Light is better for fair skin tones and if EL came out with a Light/Medium, that would be spot on for me.

This bronzer does have a sheen to it but it's not at noticeable. (I prefer Bobbi Brown's bronzers for this reason - they're matte)
The packaging is very much EL in its dark blue compact and there's a lot of product too.

I would re-purchase as a back up to my BB bronzers for those days when I want something a bit different.

Overall, a great bronzer.

Love this it's my 2nd favourite bronzer, lasts for ages and love that the compact is bigger than usual so I can use my large brushes unlike benefit hoola

on 8/31/2015 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have medium cool skin with medium pink tones and freckles so finding a contour color can be a bit of a problem at times. I have Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Multi Color No. 2 as a Bronzer which I love but it can be a bit too orangey for contouring. I also fed into the hype and bought Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder which is too warm for me. It is a drag to look like you have a "streak that looks like a chocolate bar across one's face" as Lisa Eldridge so eloquently phrased it. I love Estee Lauder products so when I stopped in to say Hello to my favorite SA the Regional Sales Manager was there. I asked what their contour colors were like and she applied Bronze Goddess in Medium on my face. I was in awe of how it looked so natural on me. She showed me how to use it and my search for the perfect contour color was over. It has a bit of a shimmer but not too much to be extremely noticeable. This is perfect. I use it as a Bronzer as well. I love this and I hope they continue to make it for a long time.

on 11/15/2015 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Initially, I loved this bronzer, great colour, blends really well, gives me an overall sun kissed goddess look. Over some time though, however, I noticed where I would apply it (cheeks, forehead) I had small bumps - which I never had before hand.

Really disappointed, because I love how my skin looks when i'm wearing it........Except that it causes these small bumps in my skin :( :(