Jo Malone Lime Basil Mandarin

Jo Malone Lime Basil Mandarin

3.0

on 7/1/2017 4:52:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love citrus scents during warmer months and this has become one of my go-to summer fragrances for layering. I've read complaints here about women feeling that it's too masculine. I generally layer this with Orange Blossom and haven't smelled remotely masculine. In fact, people often remark how lovely my fragrance is and ask what I'm wearing.

I highly recommend visiting a Jo Malone boutique or any store that carries her line, including Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus. Her duty-free shops are INCREDIBLE! If it's too difficult to visit any of those stores, I highly recommend calling one of them and asking for a couple of samples. Don't push it, but certainly ask for 2-3 that you're interested in and perhaps inquire about their fragrance layering recommendations. This scent lifts my spirits and has become a summer staple.

The Orange Blossom was the first scent I purchased in London and I went back the next day for this. Combined or alone, the scent is wonderful. Also love the Lime Basil Shampoo and Conditioner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

On my last day in Glasgow, my sister-in-law's friend came over. She smelled fresh and bright so I asked her what she was wearing and she told me it was JM Lime Basil. I was so happy to find a JM shop in the duty free at Heathrow and tried it on myself, then consulted Google to see if I could get it cheaper in the U.S. (nope!). I bought a small bottle and spent the rest of the journey to NYC sniffing my wrists. It lasts a long time. Love this!

on 1/26/2015 4:21:00 PM

It's awful. As so many other reviewer said, it's very sharp and it really shouldn't be unisex. It's a strong men's fragrance. I do own several unisex perfumes but this one isn't for me and I don't think females should wear it. Very disappointing.

I had high hopes for this, but it turned out to be a massive disappointment. I imagined the scent to be light and fresh, instead it is so strong that it gave me a headache and it seems like a bad, inexpensive men's perfume when mixed with my body chemistry. Good thing that I got to try it via a sample, I would have been so pissed off if I went ahead and spent big bucks on a full bottle of this.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this smell. Its unisex. And its nice and refreshing. Not sure if the price is worth it though

on 9/22/2014 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I usually love citrusy scents (lemon, orange, mandarin, grapefruit, etc) but not this one! It smells really strong, like someone else mentioned - almost like it's designed for men, and I do not feel any orange scent. Not sure about basil either. I would never buy this.

on 6/12/2014 3:35:00 AM

Not sure why this is one of these best sellers. I received a sample of lime basil and absolutely hated it straightaway after a couple of sprays. Smells like a men's cologne. Very strong stench. Can't even be compared with my other JM favorites: English pear, nectarine, orange blossom, blackberries.

This is what a boss smells like. I instantly feel more powerful with a drop of it. I gave it to SO and it works on both of us perfectly, but I LOVE it on him.

on 12/15/2013 10:54:00 AM

Smells like man who smells like hotel room deo spray (on drydown). Don't like it on me after 20 min.

Popular Fragrances