MAC Matte - Taupe

4.2

on 5/5/2017 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This colour was on my wish list for so long, so it's pretty ironic that I use the other colour I bought simultaneously (Twig) gets more use... The colour is a warm brown pink, leaning more towards the brown. Formula is more emollient than the other matte lipsticks I have from MAC, so it tends to disappear on me pretty quick. All in all a nice lipstick, but it's not one I grab on a daily basis.

on 4/22/2017 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Taupe is what I wanted whirl lipstick to look on me. It comes off a darker, muted brown nude on my pigmented lips. I find that once it's starts to fade it had a very faint orange hue which can be seem in sunlight. Overall it's a nice shade for work and can be paired with heavy eye makeup for a night out look. For reference, I have a medium - tan completion (southeast Asian skin) and dark brown hair. When I had lighter hair the shade looked more 'nude'

Check out my blog for mac lipsticks: https://maclipsbeautyblog.wordpress.com

on 3/4/2017 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have this and Brave and I gravitate towards Brave so much more. This is still a great colour but I think it's suited for more medium skin tones

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

There are so many makeup colours that are pretty but look ever so slightly off when you wear them. Taupe lipstick is one of those colours. It makes me look overly made up no matter how little I dab on. I usually love everything brown toned when it comes to makeup and regularly use what appears to be a straight up brown lipcolour (Too Faced Melted Chocolate Honey) but this looked too brown on me. My skintone is NC30. The formula is quite nice, smooth and easy to apply but long lasting.

on 7/17/2016 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Too reddish brown for my taste but looks beautiful when I use it as a lip liner for velvet teddy.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Such a beautiful shade for my skintone! I am around an NC30 and this lipstick looks a bit darker than my natural lip color, it's perfect. I find lots of "nude" or neutral lip colors are always too light or have too much pink in them. This is more brownish. It is matte but I still find it very comfortable. It can be a bit drying after a few hours though, but I really don't mind it. If you have a skintone similar to mine, i say give it a try. I uploaded a picture to show what it looks like on me. I will definitely repurchase, this has easily become my everyday lipstick.

on 3/29/2016 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

A friend gave this to me after she found out the color doesnt suit her. I have never seen/heard this shade before so I was pretty excited to use it. Did mac changed their matte formula? Somehow this lippie feels very drying (compared to my other mac matte lippies) nonetheless i love it! The reddish brown definitely compliments my skintone! This is my first brown lippieee love it! Will definitely repurchase! 😁😁😁

on 3/28/2016 12:16:00 PM

Love the colour, definitely one of my favorite lippies from MAC! Imo, Taupe is a bolder version of Velvet Teddy with it's earthy, brick red shade. I'll typically wear Velvet Teddy in the day and transition to Taupe in the evening. Like most matte lippies, Taupe can be super drying so I always exfoliate my lips or moisturize with a lip balm before using. Has enough pigment to only require a single swipe and lasts pretty long (up to 6/7 hours for me) until a meal. 4/5

on 3/4/2016 6:40:00 AM

No, I didn't buy this because of the Kylie Jenner lip trend.

A beautiful deep nude color. Not a fleshy or beigey kind of nude but somewhat like a tan-nude. Think muted brown neutral.

For me, Taupe is an underrated color. It's a somewhat muted terracotta - a nude that definitely looks healthy looking on my lips. It's subtle, but flattering. I like the matte formulation, the color is just perfect shine-free. This color would suit many skintones.

If you're looking for a subtle natural brown lippie that leans nude, this is the best choice. Earth color lovers will love this.

This lipstick would be my favourite over velvet teddy if it weren't so drying! It is similar to velvet teddy but a deeper colour on my nw20 skin tone and i love the shade so much. I wish i could wear it more but its just SO drying on me so it really puts me off choosing it. But when i do, my boyfriend and others love the colour. Some have said the colour doesn't work on paler skin but it does for me.