MAC Matte - Taupe

MAC Matte - Taupe
Matte - Taupe

4.2

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

There are so many makeup colours that are pretty but look ever so slightly off when you wear them. Taupe lipstick is one of those colours. It makes me look overly made up no matter how little I dab on. I usually love everything brown toned when it comes to makeup and regularly use what appears to be a straight up brown lipcolour (Too Faced Melted Chocolate Honey) but this looked too brown on me. My skintone is NC30. The formula is quite nice, smooth and easy to apply but long lasting.

on 7/17/2016 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Too reddish brown for my taste but looks beautiful when I use it as a lip liner for velvet teddy.

To Read all 104 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Such a beautiful shade for my skintone! I am around an NC30 and this lipstick looks a bit darker than my natural lip color, it's perfect. I find lots of "nude" or neutral lip colors are always too light or have too much pink in them. This is more brownish. It is matte but I still find it very comfortable. It can be a bit drying after a few hours though, but I really don't mind it. If you have a skintone similar to mine, i say give it a try. I uploaded a picture to show what it looks like on me. I will definitely repurchase, this has easily become my everyday lipstick.

on 3/29/2016 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

A friend gave this to me after she found out the color doesnt suit her. I have never seen/heard this shade before so I was pretty excited to use it. Did mac changed their matte formula? Somehow this lippie feels very drying (compared to my other mac matte lippies) nonetheless i love it! The reddish brown definitely compliments my skintone! This is my first brown lippieee love it! Will definitely repurchase! 😁😁😁

on 3/28/2016 12:16:00 PM

Love the colour, definitely one of my favorite lippies from MAC! Imo, Taupe is a bolder version of Velvet Teddy with it's earthy, brick red shade. I'll typically wear Velvet Teddy in the day and transition to Taupe in the evening. Like most matte lippies, Taupe can be super drying so I always exfoliate my lips or moisturize with a lip balm before using. Has enough pigment to only require a single swipe and lasts pretty long (up to 6/7 hours for me) until a meal. 4/5

on 3/4/2016 6:40:00 AM

No, I didn't buy this because of the Kylie Jenner lip trend.

A beautiful deep nude color. Not a fleshy or beigey kind of nude but somewhat like a tan-nude. Think muted brown neutral.

For me, Taupe is an underrated color. It's a somewhat muted terracotta - a nude that definitely looks healthy looking on my lips. It's subtle, but flattering. I like the matte formulation, the color is just perfect shine-free. This color would suit many skintones.

If you're looking for a subtle natural brown lippie that leans nude, this is the best choice. Earth color lovers will love this.

This lipstick would be my favourite over velvet teddy if it weren't so drying! It is similar to velvet teddy but a deeper colour on my nw20 skin tone and i love the shade so much. I wish i could wear it more but its just SO drying on me so it really puts me off choosing it. But when i do, my boyfriend and others love the colour. Some have said the colour doesn't work on paler skin but it does for me.

on 12/28/2015 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

In love with this colour! It's the perfect outer lining kind of brown, absolutely gorgeous. I have very tanned Caucasian skin tone and although I don't use Taupe as a colour on its own I love to match it with MAC Honeylove on the inside of the lining or blending it with Hourglass Nude Femme No.5!

As with every MAC matte lipstick its best to scrub and moisturize your lips 15-20 minutes before application otherwise you're in for the driest time of your life.

on 11/23/2015 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I used this lipstick for the first time today and I love it on my dark skin tone (NW45). I lined it with a dark brown NYX lipliner. I will try NYX espresso to see what it looks like. Your lips will have to be exfoliated with this bad boy but it wears well. I used a nice blush from NARS (oasis) and I look very neutral and pretty.

on 10/20/2015 1:30:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really wish I'd tried a sample of this before buying (online purchase!), this shade is too intense and draining for me. It reminds me of a classic 90's nude/brown and just does nothing for my fair complexion and it feels very dated, so I don't feel hugely comfortable wearing it.
I don't have much luck with Mac lipsticks, often the shades are too intense/pigmented for my skintone and hair colour.
Sadly, won't be using much and can't recommend!

Popular Lipsticks