MAC Cosmetics Matte Lipstick - Taupe

MAC Cosmetics Matte Lipstick - Taupe
Matte Lipstick - Taupe

4.2

on 11/6/2018 6:22:00 PM

I like this better than whirl, it's not as deep as whirl, and it kinda has more denfinition(?). It's very warm, so I don't think people with cool complexions will be very found of this one, but in warmed toned girls, it's another story: looks very good on pretty much every warmed toned skin, from light to dark. Pair it up with spice lip liner and you're good to go.

Cute.

on 8/29/2018 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Better than Velvet Teddy, for sure, but almost too warm for my deep winter coloring, and just not deep enough.

The shade is a neutral warm terracota with a hint of brown. This is the perfect shade that warms up my face but neutral enough that does not make it look like im trying too hard.
If i can compare it to relationships, you know when you like/hang out/flirt with multiple people because its fun and exciting, but there is that one person that you return to, that soulmate? Well, i have lots of lipstick, but this one is that soulmate equivalent.

on 10/14/2017 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I bought this because many reviews say this is a great shade for darker complexions, and I'm still looking for the perfect beige/neutral-nude for lipstick collection.
Matte Taupe is a tan-nude on me which unlike many neutrals doesn't disappear against my MAC C40 skin tone or make me look ill, and has a bit of a retro '70s look which I quite like. It works well with my staple blush shade (Bobbi Brown Tawny) or bronzer, but sometimes can look a little yellow.
The texture is off-putting for me though; it's very matte and very drying. I find I've got to add something on top to make it comfortable. Bobbi Brown's Brownie, a shade that doesn't work on my on its own, gives a hint of mauve that softens the yellow tinge of Taupe, and adds a creamy texture and finish to give a more flattering and wearable nude.

on 7/12/2017 3:43:00 AM

Taupe is a beautiful brown shade for medium warm skinned beauties. I wanted to buy Persistence but thanks to the SA, who convinced me to buy this one. Its a perfect work wear shade and i love it!

on 5/5/2017 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This colour was on my wish list for so long, so it's pretty ironic that I use the other colour I bought simultaneously (Twig) gets more use... The colour is a warm brown pink, leaning more towards the brown. Formula is more emollient than the other matte lipsticks I have from MAC, so it tends to disappear on me pretty quick. All in all a nice lipstick, but it's not one I grab on a daily basis.

on 4/22/2017 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Taupe is what I wanted whirl lipstick to look on me. It comes off a darker, muted brown nude on my pigmented lips. I find that once it's starts to fade it had a very faint orange hue which can be seem in sunlight. Overall it's a nice shade for work and can be paired with heavy eye makeup for a night out look. For reference, I have a medium - tan completion (southeast Asian skin) and dark brown hair. When I had lighter hair the shade looked more 'nude'

Check out my blog for mac lipsticks: https://maclipsbeautyblog.wordpress.com

on 3/4/2017 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have this and Brave and I gravitate towards Brave so much more. This is still a great colour but I think it's suited for more medium skin tones

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

There are so many makeup colours that are pretty but look ever so slightly off when you wear them. Taupe lipstick is one of those colours. It makes me look overly made up no matter how little I dab on. I usually love everything brown toned when it comes to makeup and regularly use what appears to be a straight up brown lipcolour (Too Faced Melted Chocolate Honey) but this looked too brown on me. My skintone is NC30. The formula is quite nice, smooth and easy to apply but long lasting.