Kerastase Oleo-Relax Shampoo

Kerastase Oleo-Relax Shampoo
Kerastase Nutritive Bain Oleo Relax

Water, sodium laureth sulfate, coco-betaine, laureth-5 carboxylic acid, cocamide mipa, trimethylsilyamodimethicone, sodium chloride, polyquaternium-10, PPG-5-ceteth-20, sodium salicylate, benzopheone-4, PEG-55 propylene glycol oleate, propylene glycol, benzoic acid, methylparaben, sodium hydroxide, benzyl salicylate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, linalool, citronellol, geraniol, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, shorea robusta seed butter, CI 19140/yellow-5, CI 14700/red-4, parfum/fragrance.

on 7/2/2017 2:51:00 AM

This shampoo is so gentle and good to my hair! I usually pre-treat my hair by soaking it in coconut oil for a couple of hours before shampooing, and when I shampoo with Oleo Relax, it`s such a treat: it doesn`t foam a lot, but the oil in the shampoo gently acts to remove the excess coconut oil that hadn`t absorbed in my strands. I feel my hair getting clean, but not stripped, and it is so easy to run my fingers through it, even before adding conditioner because this relaxes my strands and does a great job to detangle. I will definitely repurchase, even though my hair is not curly or thick, this works beautifully.

I've repurchased several times. It leaves my hair shinier and healthy looking. Even my 14 year old son thinks it's really special. Leaves hair soft. It's my favorite shampoo yet.

on 9/15/2014 6:09:00 AM

This product was made for dry, thick and rebellious hair, rebellious meaning frizzy I guess. This is exactly my hair type and in a lot of cases I try a nice shampoo and feel it must be great for other hair types, just not for me. So, I was very excited to try this shampoo, based on the great reviews as well.
Although I felt the good intention to serve the needs of my hair type (if you have normal, slightly dry, thin, straight hair, don't even go near this shampoo), I was not satisfied with the results at all. My hair stayed dry and frizzy, and this shampoo created very quickly a greasy build-up on my roots. It is exactly the same feeling as the one you get when you don't wash out some product well enough. There are only 2 positive things I can say: it has a nice fresh rosy scent and it didn't irritate my scalp in any way.
I've tried several Kerastase shampoos and my experience with most is that you should rotate them with other shampoos or each other, in this case to avoid build-up. I don't recommend buying them in the liter size, no matter what a bargain they can be. Kerastase shampoos can be used for 12 months once opened, and there is no way you can use them up if you rotate.
Another reason for this is that you only need a small amount, so a 250 ml bottle will last you very long. I have trouble with using the right quantity, because they don't lather much, and I find it difficult to distribute just a little on my hair. It's possible that I use too much, but I don't think this is the reason for the build-up, because I haven't experienced this kind of problem with other Kerastase shampoos.
I've also tried the Oleo-Relax mask and serum, and was not satisfied with any of them. From the Nutritive (orange) range I much prefer Bain Satin, Masquintense and Nutri-Thermique.

Was ok but no different from the Elvive range, hair felt soft and slippery when wet and when hair was dry felt coarse and coated...

on 4/26/2014 11:36:00 PM

this shampoo is mild like others have said and it's fragrance is nice. it lathers nicely in the hair and I can feel it softening my hair before conditioner. my hair strands are medium texture but it's thick and a bit wavy that can frizz a little but it's not unmanageable nor rebellious so this might not be the most helpful review. it leaves a nice shine but I personally wouldn't repurchase this product. it's extremely expensive and doesn't do anything more than any good shampoo I've tried.

on 12/13/2013 5:28:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After trying a bunch of products I finally decided to try Kerastase for my thick, dry, frizzy hair.
I had read many times that Kerastase make the best hair care products, so my expectations were high. but i was really dissapointed.
The bottle is nice, the scent is nice, but it just doesn't seem to do much for my hair. I think it's a nice mild shampoo, but it's not the amazing product it is claimed to be.

I will not repurchase. There are similarly good shampoos for way lower prices!

on 12/7/2013 3:52:00 PM

This shampoo is mild and does give a nice shine to hair, however it does not eliminate frizz as it claims to. It is definitely not a miracle worker and I am quite surprised that some people feel that they don't even need to use conditioner afterwards... That's certainly not the case with me as my hair still gets lots of tangles. All in all a ok shampoo but so NOT worth the price you pay for it. Too expensive to not be amazing.

on 7/17/2013 7:12:00 AM

I always tried to avoid spending too much on my hair products but I spent fortune at hairdresser... I have A LOT of thick, long hair, which curl nicely and I never had problem with them until like... 4th or 5th bleaching. I was recommended Kerastase products by freelance fashion industry hair stylist and so I thought- she is not paid to sell me these so...
I got a shampoo, masquintense and two oils.

The shampoo comes in pretty bottle and smells lovely. It has thick consistency so you dont need to use a lot of it.

It works great- first of all it doesnt irritate/dry out my scalp. I dont use any conditioner on the top of my head and this shampoo makes my hair shiny, healthy looking and soft. It always cleanses them nicely without making them matte.

I thought I used nice shampoo but this one is waay better.

I really like this product. I have short, coloured, curly hair which I straighten pretty much each day. I applied the shampoo using the flat of my palms rather than my finger tips (my usual method). It smells really good and the fragrance stayed in my hair for a couple of days after washing with it. I always shampoo twice but i found i only needed a little bit of the product. I could feel a difference in the texture of my hair as soon as I rinsed off the second application. It already felt smoother. Once I blow dried my hair I could see that it was shiny and straighter. It has made my hair look a lot healthier which is a pretty big deal considering all the dying and heat that I subject it to.

on 7/1/2013 5:02:00 PM

I was very skeptical about expensive shampoos until I tried this product -- I couldn't see paying three times as much for something that just got the dirt out of your hair. But this really is great stuff. It leaves my hair soft, shiny, and free of tangles -- sometimes I don't even bother to use a conditioner. And because you need so little, and don't even need to shampoo twice if your hair isn't terribly greasy, I'm not sure it's even that much more expensive in the long run than the cheaper brands.

Popular Shampoos