Created with Sketch.

Reviews

Created with Sketch.
from

6 months ago

This is a review for the Ultra Cover UV Powder Foundation II. It's an inexpensive 2-way powder foundation with natural coverage from Japan. In comparison to some of the other powder foundations from Cezanne, this one is supposed to feature: - nano-sized foundation powder, 20% finer than before - has 20% more coverage from former product from the same series - contains squalene, hibiscus extract, chitosan for skin nourishment, forming a virtual veil on skin surface to help avoid moisture loss of drop off - contains SPF 35 PA++ sunscreen support against UV rays - no fragrance or mineral oil I was on a Japanese 2-way foundation kick, and after trying (and loving) a very expensive one from Shiseido, I thought I would try a cheaper drugstore one for everyday. I bought this one for about $13 CAD on Ebay (without the case), and I was surprised at how much I like it! I usually apply with a dry sponge, and it gives good medium coverage. The coverage can be higher with a wet sponge, or spot applied with a dense concealer brush. I have colour #3 Ocher. The colours are all very yellow-toned. It's probably the best colour match I've had to a drugstore foundation. For colour reference, I have neutral (+yellowy) light/medium skin tone. Huda's Faux Filter foundation in Macaroon 230N is my perfect match. I can wear this powder foundation all day without needing to touch up, and it lasts pretty well on my oily skin. It covers minor imperfections like redness or some uneven skintone. If you have heavy duty acne or birthmarks, this will not cut it and you will need a heavier duty concealer to go with it. You can purchase this foundation with the case, or by itself, if you already have a case. Sadly this will not fit in Shiseido compacts (or Sofina or ZA compacts). I just hit pan on this foundation after wearing it daily for about 5 months, so I repurchased one with a case. The cases aren't as pretty as ones from Shiseido (or nearly as sturdy feeling), but it's less an $20, so who cares? If you have yellowy-toned skin in the med, light-med range, you might really like this. I would (and have!) repurchase!

About reviewer (229 reviews)

Age30-35