Zoeva Rose Golden Brush Set

1 review

on 1/6/2019 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This was my first Zoeva purchase a couple of months ago and I'm quite happy with it. The brushes come in a roomy dark brown leatherette pouch which I carry in my bag to keep tissues, tampons, gums, any little thing that would roll over the place. Now on to the brushes...

The set includes 8 itens, 4 for base makeup and 4 for eye makeup.

Face Brushes

- 102 Silk Finish Brush

Synthetic, my favorite. Applies liquid foundation wonderfully, blends great, feels very soft on the skin and the size is just perfect. I have a hard time utilizing my other foundation brushes now.

- 110 Face Shape Brush

Synthetic, basically a mini size of the above. I use it to smooth out any lines after finger application

- 127 Luxe Sheer Cheek Brush

Goat hair, this too feels super soft and I mostly use it for bronzing as it fits the contours of the face very well. Works great for very pigmented blushes too.

- 105 Powder Brush

Synthetic. The bristles here are long and bendy with short handle. I prefer my Sephora Pro Featherweight no 90 for precise powder application but the handle is extra long so I keep 105 in my makeup pouch for touchups during the day.

Eye Brushes

- 142 Concealer Buffer Brush

Synthetic, I expected to love it more than I do but the bristles are short and so tightly packed it doesn't feel gentle or bendy enough to blend concealer. I use it to take off overapplied eyeshadow.

- 227 Luxe Soft Definer

Natural hair. This is supposed to be similar to my all time favourite MAC 217 but I find it fluffier, with longer bristles which makes it less precise. I mostly use it after eyeshadow for a final blending, applies too sheer to color the eyelids and it's slightly too fluffy for my crease.

- 231 Luxe Petite Crease

Natural hair, my least favourite. Tne bristles seem to be packed in a pointy shape which feels scratchy when used with a back-and-forth motion which makes blending unpleasant. However I use it to gently place some darker eyeshadow strategically and blend with another brush. Not a fan.

- 317 Wing Liner Brush

Synthetic, I'm used to pointy eyeliner brushes but I liked 317 a lot. The bristles are cut in a dramatic angle so it draws an equally dramatic wing. Very nice.

Overall there are hits and misses in this set but I've found uses even for the later. Now that I've used all of them for a few months I should have realistically gone for the individual brushes as I didn't really need half of the set but the price would be close or almost equal if I include the pouch. The rest can be given away to friends.

Popular Makeup Brushes