Too Faced Natural Nudes

No Image

1 review

on 8/11/2018 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

The Too Faced Natural Nudes lipstick is a collection of nude lipsticks. They are creamy "intensely coloured" bullet lipsticks that are infused with coconut butter to help hydrate the lips. They retail for $26.00 Canadian!

I am reviewing the shade Pout About It. Pout About It is a lovely warm rosy brown shade. It isn't a nude on my complexion but it is a beautiful colour nonetheless. It is definitely more brown than it is rose, at least on me. I am on the fairer side (Nars Sibera in the winter is my match although I do have a smidge of a tan right now!) to help give some context.

The formula of this lipstick is one I really enjoy. It's creamy but it's not slippery - the lipstick isn't going to give you a glossy look. There is a bit of a pull if you're applying it onto dry lips but it's not as intense as it would be if you were putting on a traditional matte bullet lipstick. It is moisturizing and very comfortable to wear, at least for me. The lipstick does have a scent to it. The website claims it is a coconut scent however I don't believe it's a *true* coconut scent. I personally don't mind the scent and I can't smell it once it's been applied. As for the intense colour claim - I think it's true! I can't say if that goes for every shade in the range but at least with Pout About It I found it was consistently pigmented and completely covered up my natural lip colour. I also find this formula has no issue playing with other products making it easy to layer/blend colours together if I want it to look slightly rosier or tone down a brighter pink shade.

I think the packaging of these lipsticks are adorable. The lid and tube of the lipstick are the same colour as the product itself and there is a pretty lace detail pattern around it. The bottom of it is a shiny gold with the Too Faced logo and as a whole it just has a very pretty aesthetic. I am a really big fan of the lipstick colour matching the outside of the tube because that makes it easier to identify the colour since the packaging is completely opaque.

I would definitely buy this again! I would also love to try some of the other shades in the collection.