Paula's Choice Peptide Booster

Paula's Choice Peptide Booster

2.9

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Glycerin (skin-replenishing), PEG-8 Dimethicone (texture enhancer), Tripeptide-1 (skin-restoring), Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1 (skin-restoring), Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7 (skin restoring), Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12 (skin restoring), Myristoyl Hexapeptide-16 (skin-restoring), Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17 (skin-restoring), Hexanoyl Dipeptide-3 Norleucine Acetate (skin-restoring), Azelaoyl Bis-Dipeptide-10 (skin-restoring), Glycoproteins (hydration), Phospholipids (skin-replenishing), Adenosine (skin-restoring), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (skin-soothing), Arginine, Valine, Glycine, Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Serine, Threonine (amino acids/hydration), Yeast (Faex) Extract (skin-soothing/hydration), Isoleucine, Proline, Histidine, Phenylalanine (amino acids/hydration), PCA (skin-replenishing), Phytic Acid (antioxidant), Panax Ginseng Root Extract (plant extract/antioxidant), Sodium PCA (skin-replenishing), Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract (guava fruit/antioxidant), Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract (acai/antioxidant), Ahnfeltiopsis Concinna Extract (algae/hydration/texture enhancer), Dextran (natural sugar/hydration), Hydrolyzed Silk (texture enhancer), Lecithin (skin-restoring fatty acid), Glyceryl Polymethacrylate (film-forming agent), C12-16 Pareth-9, Trideceth-12 (emulsifiers), Sodium Lactate (hydration), Carbomer (texture enhancer), Aspartic Acid (amino acid/hydration), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-8 (texture enhancers), C11-15 Pareth-7 (emulsifier), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (texture enhancer), Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Ectoin (hydration), Citrate Buffer (pH adjuster), Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone (texture enhancer), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Ethylhexylglycerin (hydration).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

EXCELLENT! Every time there is a 20% off sale, I buy about 6 or 7 of these. I used the DE cream version and stopped buying it. I saw no results. I use this with my Retin-A and my skin is baby soft, no redness, etc. Note: I use all Paula's products except face cleanser and the Retin-A. I occasionally stray to try something new, only to regret it and come crawling back.

The Peptide Booster is an good addition for an already established skincare routine. Like others have said it gives an extra bit of moisture, brightness and smoothness to the skin. The effect is subtle but it is definitely there - and it's beyond what your other products will do alone. Whether that's worth $52 for 2/3 of an ounce is up to your budget and goals. If you have the money to spare and want a little extra something to help with your acids, Vitamin C, retinol, etc. I think the peptide booster is worth getting.

on 9/14/2018 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I HAD THE SAMPLE
This product is a booster or an essence. It is designed to give your skin a little bit of "oomph"
with extra beneficial ingredients.The star ingredients that it has and wishes to amplify are called
peptides. In theory peptides work as skin cell communicators (SCC), and these tell the skin to behave better
(Like say Vitamin A).There is research for SCC's .. mainly as Vitamin A and Niacin. Peptides are good for the skin
, but their role as SCC's only work in theory. Peptides seem to work best as skin barrier repair agents, or disinfectants.
In order to do so, they have to be in a hydrophobic stable package.

If you want a product that has a lot of peptides this is a god option. There are a lot in this product, and they are mostly
listed at the top.
SCC:palmitoyl tripeptide-1,palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7,palmitoyl hexapeptide-12,mytistoyl hexapeptide-16 hexanoyl dipeptide-3,
arginine,and azelaoyl bis-dipeptide-10.
SII:phospholipids,glycine,sodium PCA, valine, lecithin and dextrin.
AII:dipotassium glycyrhizzate
Antioxidants:euterpe oleracea extract, aspartic acid, alanine, histidine,serine, and hydrolized silk.

This has a gel like texture that dries instantly. I would say it is suitable for all skin types
except dry skin. My skin type is normal, and it did not give me any problems. After drying it can be used with other products or mixed in your favorite moisturizer.
Due to its texture and how quickly it dried it probably will not pill.

This is expensive for 0.67 oz it is $52.00! I would definitely try the sample first. If you are thinking about trying it. The sample cost
$2.00 for 1ml.
This is cruelty free, but not vegan due to the hydrolized silk.

This overpriced serum caused my skin to break out, even in tiny amounts. Definitely not worth the price!!

on 9/3/2018 3:24:00 PM

I am posting this review here because my first review wasn’t posted by Paula’s Choice. I do think that PC only posts up positive reviews. I can’t get over is how expensive this serum is. It’s $52 for 0.67 an ounce (only half an ounce). That amounts to $77 an ounce. Drunk Elephant’s Protini peptid cream is $68 for 1.69oz which is $40 an ounce. The Ordinary’s Amino Acide serum is just $6.80 an ounce. Paula’s Choice has strayed away from its mission of providing affordable skin care. Its riding the skin care wave and trying to gouge it’s customers or pose itself like a high end brand like Drunk Elephant. I’m very disappointed because I have been using Paula’s Choice for 10years now. I will now have to look for more affordable options like The Ordinary which I love. Thank God for the Ordinary.

on 8/18/2018 4:15:00 AM

It is overpriced,i buy The Ordinary The Matrixyl and the Buffe.
Sure,stuff in it is good but that much money for 20ml,it does not last long,so what is the point when you can not use it regularly.
No no no.
I tried it 2,5 weeks,that is how long it lasted if you fully put on a decent amount ,not try too sort of half put on too save product,for me that is how it has become since they increased thecprices....
.I did not notice any difference,but i know it has too be given moore time.
Pc are loosing costumers,i really hope they /paula have a talk with whoever bough the company.
I say it again,its insaine he prices pc has begun too take.
Dont say that you are a comany with te slogan:everyone should be able too AFFORD good skincare.
Im using the ordinary and thank god,they are justcas good!

on 8/12/2018 2:51:00 PM

An overpriced product that really doesn't do anything.

I've been using this for 3 months and it didn't help with discoloration, skin texture and quality - all of which are supposed to be supported by their peptides.

It gives a shiny, sticky and wet look sheen on the face.

I'm disappointed with how their company has changed - from sarcastic and condescending reviews of competing products to trying to position themselves as a high end brand.

There should be truth in Truth in Beauty.

on 8/4/2018 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I waited a bit to review this product for several reasons. For one, it doesn’t produce amazing “wow” results. Perhaps I’ve just optimized what I can do with topical products, but I found the results to be rather subtle. First, let me describe how I use the product. I have dry skin, so after cleansing, I mix one drop of the Peptide Booster with one drop of PC’s Hyaluronic Acid Booster and about five drops of PC’s Moisture Renewal Oil Booster. I mix them all together and apply the mixture to my face, taking care to avoid the area above my eyes because I’ve discovered the Peptide Booster irritates my eyes slightly. The result is very soft, moisturized skin. To be clear, the only thing the Pepide Booster is adding is softness to the skin. According to the adverts, though, the peptides will help with discoloration and firmness over times, though. One lippie off due to the cost (though all peptide products appear to be expensive) and the irritation to my eyes if I apply it on my upper eyes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This product is a thick whitish liquid. It's got a slippy feel to it, fairly moisturizing and doesn't really sink into the skin, just sits on top. The dropper bottle was okay to work with. My poor rating is because it broke me out terribly. Like total pizza face after one day of using it. I stopped and started again, tried using less. It just made my breakouts worse. I've very sad I can't use this because I had high hopes. But I do have finicky skin and many things do break me out (Sunday Riley, Drunk Elephant, Marula oil, squalene).

I am blown away by how well this works. I’ve been using the MUAC BellEvolve peptide serum under my eyes, hoping it would make a difference in the long run, but not seeing any improvement. I received a small sample of the Paula’s Choice with a purchase, and decided to try it last night. Holy crap, the wrinkles under my eyes disappeared immediately! I kept looking in the mirror waiting for the effect to wear off, but it didn’t. This morning the effect was slightly diminished, but not by much. It’s expensive, about $52 a half ounce, but I am ordering a bottle today.