Huda Beauty Faux Filter Foundation

Huda Beauty Faux Filter Foundation
Faux Filter Foundation

3.2

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, Isododecane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Alcohol Denat., Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Myristyl Lactate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Aluminum Hydroxide,Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum/Fragrance, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Silica, Panthenol, Disodium Edta, Propylene Glycol, Lysine, Centella Asiatica Extract, Magnesium Chloride, Hydrogen Dimethicone,Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal,Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool. May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides),CI 77007(Ultramarines).

on 3/20/2019 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is a gorgeous foundation that smells beautiful. Nothing about this bothers me in the least. I wear the color 500 Mocha. I love full coverage. I wear makeup because I love it and I want to look like a doll. This foundation blanks everything out and makes my skin flawless. With a light dusting of powder and an oil mattifying primer I am set for hours. Really love. Very well done. I have never purchased anything from Huda that I didn’t love.

When I first tried this in Selfridges, I loved it. The colour match was perfect. I loved the finish of it as well as the amazing coverage. Once I purchased the full size and had time to play about with it, I realised this was going to be too much for even me (a girl who loves a full coverage!). It dries super fast (hello, colourstay demon days!!) and I found I was using at least 3 pumps to get a decent amount to spread on my face without it drying fast (tried it with both a beauty blender and a buffing brush) The coverage is too opaque for me. It blanks out EVERYTHING. If you want that, then this is definitely for you as it will literally give you a blank canvas. However, I felt it was too much and it felt 'heavy' on my skin. Staying power wise I found it wore off slightly more than my previously beloved double wear. Also, the smell. Urgh. Why, oh why do some make up companies still put a scent in foundations?? It's VILE. Even with powder over the top I kept getting a whiff of the smell. That alone made me want to wipe it off. I'm going to use the bottle up as a concealer. I love the colour range. There's definitely a shade for most skintones. Very impressive. But for me, the search for a holy grail foundation continues...

on 2/20/2019 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I jumped on the bandwagon and bought this. I am disappointed with all the utube bloggers promoting this.
I have dry, combo skin. I have tried this with urban decays primer, pore professional primer followed with Laura Mercier Translucent powder and urban decay setting spray. However, nothing seems to make this last for even 2 hours.
It comes off, it makes my face so oily and shiny within an hour or two, oxidizes excessively, my makeup doesn't look the same after an hour with this.
The price was sky high which is why I am extra disappointed. NOT RECOMMENDED!

This has got to be the most high-coverage foundation I have ever owned. I have a love-hate relationship with it that I can’t really decide how to rate it.

I love it because of the shade that is a perfect match for both my skin tone and undertone. No other foundation out there is a perfect match for me as the Huda Beauty Faux Filter Foundation in shade Panna Cotta. The yellow undertone is just perfect for my light skin as it is not warm and it does not oxidize to orange or brown. Every time I want to buy a new foundation I would go to a few foundation match websites and refer to this foundation to find my shade.

As this foundation is extremely high-coverage, a little goes a long way and it takes forever to finish it for me. I use the tiniest bits of dots on my face and blend it with a brush. This foundation give the best finish with a brush compared to a beauty sponge or your fingers. Even though the consistency is thick, it slides at the back of my hand as though it is runny compared to other full-coverage foundations that I have that they just sit there and doesn’t move. But! That is not a con for this foundation. I don’t know how the science works but this foundation but the consistency is just light enough to blend so easily and flawlessly in just 10 seconds, thick enough to give that perfect full coverage, and as you finish blending, it sits on your skin dry and beautifully. Because this foundation is very full-coverage, I skip the concealer. I also skip baking and setting powder because a setting spray is all I need to set the foundation to give it the perfect beautiful finish and of course, stay in place. If you’ve ever wondered why people are raving about it, this is probably why.

Okay, let’s move on to why I hate this foundation. First of all, it’s the fragrance. Huda is all about representing her culture, so she puts the Middle East-esque fragrance in this foundation (it reminds me of the strong-smelling attar oil). I know some people love it but this kind of smell is not my cup of tea. I didn’t expect any fragrance at all in this foundation. There was no warning about it. However, if there were a warning of fragrance, I expected it to smell sweet like candy or a bakery as the shade names have a theme around sweets, treats, and dessert. I do hope that she improves the formula and change the smell or just completely omit the smell altogether.

This foundation is very long-lasting and sits on your face all day. If you’re careful, that is. Because this foundation does transfer. Not a whole lot as other non-transfer resistant foundations. But it transfers and smudges, nonetheless. I don’t recommend using this foundation if you’re expecting hugs during the day/evening.

For anyone with a more matured and textured skin, this foundation is beautiful if and only if you use a pore-minimizing primer and properly hydrate your skin beforehand. Otherwise, it will enhance texture, pores, wrinkles, fine lines, basically all your unattractive features. It will make your so skin thirsty that it will end up clinging on dry patches, crack on your smile lines and wrinkles, and your natural oils will make it separate on your nose and crease around it. Always keep in mind that foundations that are full-coverage, mattifying, and drying to the ski do not necessarily mean that they have an oil-control behavior. So, if you’re oily, this will happen and you do need to blot and powder if you’re going to wear it for long hours.

I’m not sure if this foundation is non-comedogenic or not. I find that this foundation makes me break out if I wear it for too long. I would never wear it if I’m going to have a long day and I will wear it only if I had an extensive skin care routine and acid exfoliating the night before.

Regardless, I still give this foundation a 4 out of 5. For some odd reasons I keep coming back to it because the shade and undertone is the #1 reason why I love it. This is the only foundation in the world that is a perfect match for my skin tone, shade and undertone. It’s just so perfect and matches my body like no other foundation does. I’m probably exaggerating, but since I’m a foundation whore, then it’s probably true lol

I have hyper-pigmentation on back of my hands and have used the product DermaBlend to conceal. That product is mess to use, does not dry, does not stay on and rubs off on everything. After years of searching for an acceptable concealer order Huda Concealer. The product is an amazing cover-up available in many shades, goes on evenly and LASTS and does NOT rub off on clothes. The product is pricey, but with the pump a lot goes a very long way and the fact that you do not have to reapply all the time makes the price worth while.

So, for all of you looking for a really incredible concealer, buy this product you will not go wrong. For those on DermaBlend, you can finally throw it away!!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this foundation. love the smell the texture the coverage.... LOVE IT

on 2/5/2019 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product!!! I can understand some of the complaints that it settles in fine lines but I experimented with a few different primers and now I am obsessed! For me I found Stila color corrector is the perfect primer but Smashbox photo finish looks great too. No more creasing. Topped with a little Laura Mercier powder and this foundation is honestly sweat proof (gym girl here). I have tried lots of foundations and this is my new go to - 4th bottle now and not turning back

on 1/25/2019 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

For 40 dollars Im disappointed. Goes on nice but within a couple hours lt shiny clumpy and looks nasty...I have had better luck with cheaper products..This is not long lasting and not for oily skin...wont purchase again

on 1/24/2019 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

SOOO the foundation on its own is super heavy - coming from someone who loves full coverage, but this is just too much! I almost never reached for it because of the heaviness and the texture it created on my skin BUT - A LIFE CHANGING TIP for me was to mix it with Mac essential oil. The coverage remains full, but it's not emphasizing any texture or pores because of the oil, it holds just as good and doesn't get oily. I am not afraid to recommend this to a oily skinned gals as well, because the mac oil is made mainly for acne prone and oily skin. try it out, you won't regret.

on 1/10/2019 12:10:00 PM

This foundation appears better than it actually is. First off it smells SO STRONG!!! Like perfume, and it takes a very long time for that smell to go away. I get headaches from certain fragrances so this annoyed me very much. I have combo skin with an oily T-Zone and dry cheeks: Initially it looked awesome when I applied it . But after only 20 min of wearing it my whole face was oily! I never get oily anywhere other than my nose and forehead.. so I was so surprised at how quickly I got shiny. It also didn’t cover my red rosacea cheeks, the few blemishes on my chin, or my freckles. So the claim that it’s full coverage is 👎🏻 ☹️ I will be returning this tomorrow😞 I had high hopes for this foundation but sadly it’s the worst foundation I’ve ever tried.