3.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

SOOO the foundation on its own is super heavy - coming from someone who loves full coverage, but this is just too much! I almost never reached for it because of the heaviness and the texture it created on my skin BUT - A LIFE CHANGING TIP for me was to mix it with Mac essential oil. The coverage remains full, but it's not emphasizing any texture or pores because of the oil, it holds just as good and doesn't get oily. I am not afraid to recommend this to a oily skinned gals as well, because the mac oil is made mainly for acne prone and oily skin. try it out, you won't regret.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

1.0

a year ago

This foundation appears better than it actually is. First off it smells SO STRONG!!! Like perfume, and it takes a very long time for that smell to go away. I get headaches from certain fragrances so this annoyed me very much. I have combo skin with an oily T-Zone and dry cheeks: Initially it looked awesome when I applied it . But after only 20 min of wearing it my whole face was oily! I never get oily anywhere other than my nose and forehead.. so I was so surprised at how quickly I got shiny. It also didn’t cover my red rosacea cheeks, the few blemishes on my chin, or my freckles. So the claim that it’s full coverage is ???????? ☹️ I will be returning this tomorrow???? I had high hopes for this foundation but sadly it’s the worst foundation I’ve ever tried.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

1.0

a year ago

Terrible is an understatement!! Oxidized like crazy. I was so embarrassed to walk around work that I sat at my desk most of the day. It's that bad. At first it looks beautiful on. Smooth. Blends very nicely. But within 3 hrs of wear I looked like a hot mess. Foundation started separating and the color got darker. Just a blotchy mess. I will stick to my holy grail Estee lauder double wear. That is the best foundation ever!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3.0

a year ago

I bought this from feel unique when the black Friday sale was on, so it came at a reasonable price. I was so excited to try it as I have heard so many good things about the foundation such as the 'full coverage' ' Photoshop finish' etc. the parcel came and I tried it on my skin using a real beauty blender and the brand 'Original' primer, I don't think it works as well as people make out unless you was to use the Huda beauty primer as I found it came off in patches around my t zone - nose and chin area. As for blemishes, I noticed it stuck to them and made them look almost like scabs? if you was to look up close. It is very drying, so once it is on the skin you'll need to blend as quick as you possibly can. the colour match was great though! overall, i wouldn't buy again and would stick to my usual Estee Lauder double wear. although the packaging was plastic (not glass as expected) it looked nice out of the box.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairOther

a year ago

Judging from the hyped up raves this foundation has, I was sorely disappointed. I really wanted to like it but it is going the other way after each use. First impression, formula was SO thick- like a blob of gunk that won't move even if you turn it upside down at the back of your hand. Personally, I dislike such a formula. But i slap it on my face nonetheless and the dislike scale didn't improve 1 bit! I have very oily skin and the pores around my cheeks are visible upon closer inspection but after applying this foundation, it emphasizes the pores! I looked like I had honeycombs on my cheeks! LOL, exaggerating but you get the drift. So I told myself, ok blend girl blend! So blend I did. I blended so hard until it looked patchy and did no improvement on those pores :( But I still gave it a chance and wore it out. I looked so shiny like a pan that just fried the egg- even before I left the house). It separates like nobody's business and I hated looking myself in the mirror. I chucked it aside thinking I am NEVER touching you again. But I failed myself. Tried it again, as I am the forgiving God's creation who believes in 2nd chances. And it failed me AGAIN. And oh, did I mention it broke me out the 2nd time. I developed little red rashes after using it. I almost believe this thing has a mind of its own- the more I call its bluff, the more it is trying to destroy me. So rest in peace, you cute great-smelling (it has a great fragrance!) thing. You are just not meant for me.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

a year ago

I was matched to Butter Pecan. For ref Im NC37. I love Butter Pecan. It smells soo nice on my face and goes well with my HD Sugar Cookie Bake powder. They smell like dessert on my face and i fell in love with it when the MUA at sephora first tried this on me. The coverage is medium to heavy. And it works well with HD`s own brush. It is the most expensive foundation i ever got but this baby is worth it. I suggest you save this for events, weddings, selfies for Insta cos it photos well and covers imperfections. Brides -to -be should take note & go for this. Oxidation was minimal. i suggest you invest cos its a good product. Packaging was minimal,fuss free and lightweight. Great for travels. i say buy

About reviewer (284 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

Like many others say, I loved the initial application of this. It went on smooth as silk and super even, with amazingly full coverage - I did not need concealer anywhere. But it settles into lines terribly. It started with just my smile lines which wasn't the end of the world for me, but then made lines appear on parts of my face that I didn't even know existed. It also made my undereyes look terrrrrible. Even with powder, it doesn't ever fully set and will rub away and look splotchy if you don't pay attention & touch your face. Too bad.

About reviewer (84 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

a year ago

This foundation is definitely my all time favorite! If you’re looking for a full coverage, long lasting, light weight foundation then this is for you! When I say this is full coverage I mean it! When first reading reviews on this before I purchased it I was like, “there is no way this foundation has that much coverage” well, i was proven wrong. I used just a pea sized amount and my whole face was covered, it is very easy to blend with either a beauty sponge or a brush. It does have a little bit of a matte finish which I personally look for in a foundation. It works very well with all of my other products, while blending contour and other things it did not move, become patchy, or streak. This foundation does come with a pump, and the bottle contains 1.18oz of product. This will last you a very long time because like i said, it does not take very much to cover the entire face. I have turned so many people on to this foundation and they like myself have fallen in love with it. For $40 you definitely get your moneys worth! I encourage everyone to go out and at least get a sample and tell us what you think!! I promise you will not be disappointed that you tried it!! (This foundation comes in 30 different shades for all skin tones, so I’m sure you can find the perfect match for yourself!!)

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

from

a year ago

I really wanted to like this foundation. I really tried. But i just couldnt love it. Its goes on nice, easy to blend. No problem there. Its full coverage with a matte finish But as the day goes on its just looks very crusty on my face and parts of it disappear. I have combination skin, luckily not very problematic but i want foundation to improve the look of skin not worsen it. Also had really bad flashback with this. Coverage and finish is beautiful initially, and it looks beautiful on other people but for me i just wanted to love it and i didnt. There is a slight smell to it - I actually didnt mind the smell but some have said they found it overbearing. Even using only half a pump still didnt help. Eventually it just either transfers despite setting, or settles into any pore or line.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

3.0

a year ago

I tried the foundation a couple of times. I'm around an NC20-25 and use 200B Shortbread. It's a tiny bit too pink but totally workable. I like this foundation quite a lot. I would not whatsoever compare it to KvD Lock it foundation. This one is not as thick, easier to blend, doesn't smell bad and most importantly doesn't feel heavy. When I used the KvD one it felt like a mask and I was sweating like crazy with it. But this one feels very comfortable and thin. I must ad, I only apply a very small amoount. I'd say half a pump for all my face. But that's enough to give me the coverage I want without looking cakey. On me it looks quite natural tbh. You can't tell that I'm wearing foundation unless you really look closely. So for the initial look I'd give it a 10/10. Application is also fine, it doesn't get streaky but does need to properly be blended it. So far so good...unfortunately this foundation makes my skin oilier than it already is. I get shiny a lot faster and heavier than with any other foundation I've ever tried. Now the foundation doesn't move or anything like that, it's actually quite longwearing. But it gets SO oily SO quickly that I can't be bothered to blot every other hour. I don't think I ever had a foundation that I had this problem with...not in this extensive form. Again: It doesn't move around and get patchy, but I look like I dipped my face into oil. I would repurchase it, if it wasn't for this problem oily because in every other aspect I'm happy with it.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral