Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy Highlighter

Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy Highlighter
Amrezy Highlighter

4.6

on 1/2/2019 12:58:00 PM

Ok. I have usually used drugstore highlighters because I normally don't use it every day.
BUT....I was completely drawn to this highlighter and debated for like 2 weeks whether to buy it since my bday was coming up. I am so glad I bought it. I have been using it every day since (well, days that i wear makeup lol). It is STUNNING! It is the perfect gold, it is buildable, and it lasts all day on my face. It catches light beautifully. The packaging is gorgeous and I feel luxurious every time I open it. My favorite makeup purchase in a long time!

I finally decided to buy this highlighter about a month ago when I had a 20% off coupon at Ulta and found the last one at my local store on the clearance aisle, which made this purchase a bargain. The compact is very pretty. It is a nice size and has a star design on it with ABH & Amrezy. (Full disclosure...I did not know Amrezy was a person.) I have used this highlighter every day since I purchased it. I am not a big fan of gold, but this is such a gorgeous shade of gold and really does make my skin look like light is shining on it. It is not glittery at all and creates a wonderful glow. I use my Sonia G Sculpt 3 brush and it is the perfect tool to apply this highlighter to my skin. The formula is very smooth and just melts into the skin. It is a shame this was a limited edition.

on 6/3/2018 4:02:00 AM

At first I wasn’t going to buy this because I thought it might be too dark for my skin. I’m happy that I bought it because it’s perfect! Such a beautiful light gold. Packaging is so pretty and good.

This is beautiful. Just stunning. Easily the most beautiful highlighter, packaging and all, I have ever seen and baby, I've seen A LOT. It has a very unique formula, I don't have another like it. I thought it would be powdery, but it's not powdery at all. It literally kicks up ZERO dust. This Amrezy highlighter feels almost exactly like the consistency of the Colourpop Super Shock shadows. The shade is a gorgeous champagne gold, heavier on the gold end, and applies for a very wet looking highlight with fine sparkles. If you want a beaming highlighter on your face this can easily be built up to blind those in the space station above Earth. This a win for me despite a few issues I have listed below. My biggest issue is I'm a pale white girl, though not very pale, and this still pulls a tad too dark and gold on my skin. I know I will be more tan this summer like I get every year so I will mostly use this to highlight my body....collar bones, chest, legs and such, so I'm not too upset about that. I only wish they had made 2 highlighter options, one for lighter skin tones, this one for darker. I totally get they were trying to make it work for everyone, which is really difficult, but it doesn't quite hit that mark, hence the 4 stars.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This is an interesting highlighter. Appears very gold in pan but somehow seems invisible on skin. It just melts in and you are left w that wet gleam, minus the sparkle or obvious highlight. I found Becca champagne pop to look gleaming but obvious meaning if not perfectly blended it could look streaking. The amrezy is a mysterious wonder and I have no regrets about adding this to my growing highlight collection

on 4/26/2018 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I just got this today in my birthday Sephora haul and I am in love! It is the perfect shade of gold, which is nearly as subjective and elusive as the perfect shade of red lipstick. It can easily be a blinding highlighter or more subtle and it is very pigmented. One swipe is all you need! The packaging is gorgeous and I consider this to be a winner in every way.

on 4/18/2018 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Although this is beyond gorgeous, I had to return it.. The shade just does not work for me, but that doesn't take away from how pretty it is, and if a more goldish highlight flatters you, you should get this one for sure! I'm very neutral toned N25, and this pulled too dark on my skin, at least I thought so.

The color is the perfect gold. The finish is metallic and versatile. For a subdued glow, I brush a bit of highlighter over my foundation and powder. Pro tip: for a mega intense glow, I apply it directly over foundation so that it sticks better to my skin, sometimes layering it. Applying it with my finger works as well. The glitter is super fine, no chunks in sight. It stays for at least 8h on my oily skin. Unlike the ABH Glow Kits, this highlighting powder is easy to carry around because it is small. The packaging is long-nails friendly. The shape of the product in the pan is pleasing to the eye. A big 10 for ABH! We want more colors - perhaps a rose gold?

on 4/11/2018 9:39:00 AM

Beautiful!!! Expensive and unnecessary but I’m so glad I bought it. It’s way better than the Anastasia highlight palettes. This highlight doesn’t look like glitter or powder on my face. Just glowing. You have to try it to see what I mean

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I wasn't really planning to buy this as I already have a highlighter palette from ABH as well as an old(er) bronzer highlight duo from mufe I bought on vacation. Both were fantastic, although the latter was a bit too glittery-as in small chunks of glitter type glittery (usually mufe products are fantastic I don't know why this one was like this) so I wanted to refrain from buying any more highlighters because although I use them everyday I don't need different colors because it doesn't make enough of a difference for me.

That being said, I went to Sephora on my birthday and well...I just picked this up. I don't know why, maybe it was because the packaging was so beautiful, it looked like someone turned the Sahara into gold and packaged a bit of it up into this little compact and I couldn't take my eyes off of it. When I swatched it I was floored. It's so soft and has such a powerful shine, something my other highlights didn't have. I have Sundipped and two of the bottom shades are very shiny but this was something else. Maybe it's because of the silvery gold color which makes it so dramatic against my olive tan skin. Either way I'm really glad I bought it because it does give something different compared to my other highlights and is super dramatic.

Also, it's a bit translucent once you put it on so like another poster said, sometimes you can barely see it until you move and it hits the light, where it then is very, very noticeable.