L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Shine Lipstick

L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Shine Lipstick

3.9

on 3/13/2019 2:01:00 PM

I love the feel of this lip product and this won me over on consistency alone. The color is definitely sheer so if you are looking at colors don’t be afraid of the dark tones! I bought this in sparkling rose looking for a more neutral shade and this does pull more pink and sheer than the sticker let on.

Where it loses points for me is length of wear (it doesn’t last) and the fact that the product does move outside my lip line if I absent mindedly rub my lips together. I could see someone who might have really dry or chapped lips loving this formula and product. The formula is honestly where it wins me since I personally don’t have any other lip products that offer me the same consistency. When I just want to change up my look or feel like putting on something more like a balm, I use it.

I also understand why there is a hype from YouTubers on this. It does look like a lipstick meets gloss to complete a look, but it wears off quickly and does condition the lips. For that type of profession, I see this being amazing! However, for every day use (unless you wear very natural makeup) this isn’t my go to because I need something long wearing.

I would recommend (especially to those with dry lips) because I do like the formula and for the price it is a cool product to have if you are into makeup! I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another shade of this product to try out, but at the same time I personally wouldn’t go out of my way to get another one ... if that makes sense!

on 2/26/2019 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love dazzling doe! Gorgeous nude color! No mirror needed...and it stays on pretty good considering it's a glossy lipstick! Goes well with all outfits.. love this line!

on 1/7/2019 6:40:00 PM

I bought two of these, rosewood and blush. Gorgeous in the tube. Not as pigmented as I expected on application, very light pigment actually. And they wear off very quickly. Within an hour, I look like I have nothing on my lips. I can still feel something, like I have a lip balm on. On the positive side, they are not drying at all. They feel very nice on the lips. They are not sticky. It's not a lipstick that I notice any obvious scent. If you want more of a tinted lip balm, and don't mind reapplying frequently, it might be a great product for you.

on 11/22/2018 12:17:00 AM

I have this is #642 MLBB and #658 Topless and it's honestly the perfect tinted lip balm / very sheer lipstick. Very easy to apply but only lasts a few hours at best. In the nude shades, can be applied on the go without a mirror so quite convenient! It doesn't smell or taste of anything strongly and has a nice creamy plump feeling on the lips. Picked these up on sale for about $12. Would recommend to all.

on 11/5/2018 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have this lipstick in the shade 902 Dazzling Doe. The formula is hydrating and shiny, no patchiness. On the lips it looks like a gloss but feels like a lipstick - not sticky at all. The packaging is stunning. The only downside is the staying power which is quite short, I'd say an hour or two max. I'd suggest trying this product if you don't mind reapplying often.

on 9/2/2018 5:49:00 PM

There are many products by L Oreal I repeatedly buy and use. This lipstick in my opinion is creamy but a light weight in the lipstick world. It doesn’t last on me at all. I would not recommend this product.

I passed up on these for a while but I had really good experiences with the l'oreal colour riche lipsticks, lip liners, etc so I thought I'd give it a go. I don't know why I haven't heard more about these! I purchased the shade glossy fawn on a whim. It's just as it says, it's not a lipstick but not a gloss, it's a a decently pigmented shine. It's a gorgeous more pink beige. The formula is creamy and lightly hydrating but doesn't run away (I'm looking at you Bite). I can wear it with glam or no makeup and it always works. I'm so glad I picked it up, will repurchase.

on 7/22/2018 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Purchased this in Splendid Blackberry. In the tube, the color looks incredibly dark, but this lipstick goes on fairly sheer and even as a fair skinned brunette, I can easily pull this shade off and can see this particular color being used often in the Fall/Winter months. In many aspects, this reminds me of Clinique's Almost Lipstick in the shade Black Honey except the L'Oreal runs about $8-$9 compared to $17 for the Clinque.

Formula is very creamy and moisturizing. L'Oreal did a nice job with the packaging on this one - it looks a little more fancy than your typical drugstore lipstick. Only complaint with this is because of the rounded shape of the product instead of the typical lipstick form, it makes it a little bit harder to get at the area around the cupid's bow. It can be done, but it's just a tad harder although you can easily just apply this with a lip brush if you are afraid to mess up your lips. I'd try this again in some of the other colors next time the drugstore is having a sale on L'Oreal products.

on 7/4/2018 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I own this in the shades Burnished Blush and Varnished Rosewood. BB is an amazing nude-rose on my NC30 medium warm skin, VR is a slightly dark nude but I thought I'd give it a try for the price.

Love the colour payoff of these lipsticks, smooth coverage, not patchy, while still being super moisturising and making your lips look great and inviting! Amazing quality comparable to $28 and $38 lipsticks like Laura Mercier and Armani Ecstasy Shine, and I bought these for $8 each at Target.

Wear time: Varnished Rosewood sort of disappears from my lips after about 2 hours. And disappears immediately after putting my lips to a cup or eating anything.

Only thing I don't like is the packaging––the plastic looks tacky and more importantly, the cap fell off while in my makeup pouch so it made a little mess. But frankly for the price I'll just put them in a more snug pouch and keep buying these.

on 7/3/2018 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I’m so glad I discovered these! All of a sudden a bunch of YTers started talking about them and raving, and I agree 100%. I have the shades Sparkling Rose and Dazzling Doe, plus three more on their way from Ulta. I love the fragrance, texture, and soft tint of color. Not long-lasting, but I don’t mind. They’re a perfect summer lippie for very minimal makeup looks. Also the packaging is so pretty. This is a great product!