Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color

3.6

on 11/29/2017 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Purchased off Sephora.com as soon as it dropped. The packaging is a beautiful, nicely weighted prismatic, cut glass bottle with a glistening spiked top. It's reminiscent of the quality you'd see from a much higher brand and very much resembles the packaging for the louboutin nail polishes. The applicator is doe-ish but shaped more like a flat dot- round. It works ok for application but to me seems slightly less precise than a flattened doe foot. I'm not in love with it. The color itself is a true American red with blue undertones, it doesn't pull raspberryish, or wineish like some reds. It's 100% a true red. The formula is smooth and applies without any of the patchiness typical in cheaper liquid lipsticks. However it's not without its problems. I almost find it too emollient hours into the day I still got transfer eating or putting my hands to the lips, it's doesn't really set hard though it does dry down and I thought it was prone to movement and corner bleeding. The formula itself is opaque and provides great coverage even on hyperpigmented lips but I found it slightly too thin. You sop up a lot pulling it out the tube and the amount you get though technically small is almost too much to spread because it's such a thin, watery texture. Even wiping some formula on the mouth of the container at pullout, I was still picking up more than I could neatly use. Color wise this reminds me greatly of Sephora lip stain in always red #01. Stunna, is slightly slightly deeper than the Sephora liquid lipstick and less bright. Stunna leans just a *little* in the direction of a brick red. I searched them both side by side and could barely tell the difference. I think only the wearer would be able to distinguish between the two, and with a lip liner underneath adjusting color, either one could be made to look just like the other. The Sephora one particularly could be slightly deepened with a deep red liner to look just like stunna. While there is nothing wrong with stunna I'd have to say I actually prefer the brighter color of the Sephora lip stain. It's easier to apply, and wears better as well, and at $12 it is half the price. Doubt I'll be repurchasing stunna even though there's nothing majorly wrong with it. I'm just being so well served by something cheaper, that I don't feel the need to look elsewhere. Check out Sephora always red #01 if you want a good dupe of this and a strong product in its own right.

on 10/8/2018 1:07:00 PM

SHADE: I'm reviewing Uncensored, the first and original shade in the Stunna Lip Paint formula. On me, this liquid lipstick looks like a dark but neutral red. It reminds me of Stila's Beso or Smashbox's Bawse. To be honest, I was expecting a classic red, something a little bit lighter like Jeffree Star's Redrum or Tom Ford's Ruby Rush. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful, just not what I was expecting from photos. Because of the darkness of Uncensored, I didn't reach for it during the summer.

FORMULA: It has a different consistency from other liquid lipsticks I've tried. It's runny and thin, but not dry. This, I have found, results in a very challenging formula. On one side, its very comfortable on the lips and it doesn't bring attention to my lip's natural lines or texture. On the other, it's very easy to make mistakes during application and it bleeds. So, in short, it's not a lipstick you can put on and forget about because it transfers quite a bit as well. If you do this, you'll end up looking like a crazy person with lipstick all over your face.

Packaging: I love the packaging, it looks like a fancy nail polish. Like a modern less pretentious Louboutin nail polish. It doesn't fit my lipstick organizers, but it doesn't bother me too much. The only thing I dislike about the packaging is the applicator. Oh, I first thought it was very original and interesting, but it works against you instead of with you. I think it makes it more difficult to work with the already kind of difficult formula.

ADVISE: If you want to try this lipstick just make sure to take off most of it in the rims of the bottle and apply slowly. Also, wear a good lip liner and keep a mirror with you during the day. Specially if you are going to eat or drink anything. I don't know if the same problems occur on the new shades of this formula, but I'm not too excited to try them.

on 2/9/2018 3:36:00 PM

Lovely packaging, colour and finish but this is the messiest lipstick ever. Smudges instantly and goes everywhere. Also very difficult to remove so you end up with red marks on your face and hand that require loads of foundation to cover. Sold it after my first use

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Shade:Uncuffed

HG. And I rarely say that. This is my first Fenty purchase and first liquid lip. I have always been put off liquids because I do not want dry and matte (probably a misconception of mine though). But this was a complete impulse purchase when I visited a Fenty counter just for pure curiosity about the line. But the moment the SA put this on me I knew I had to buy it. Its runny but very pigmented. On my lips its a mauvey brown drying down slightly more brown (looks very 90s!) but not overly so. On my NC20 skin its not too dark either. Its very comfortable, in fact I can forget I am even wearing it. Its the first lip product which has lasted several hours though eating and drinking with only minimal fading in the centre after a few hours - this is unheard of for me. I get no bleeding and I get a good line with the applicator. This never feels dry on me and has not caused my lips to dry out after wearing this for a few days in a row.

I love this so much I hope they release more shades.

on 1/5/2018 4:08:00 AM

I love the colour and the packaging but I hate the formula. Super messy and gets all over everything. Was super disappointed and ended up returning it.

on 2/23/2019 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

NW15 review of uncuffed and unbuttoned. I passed on the “universal red” due fellow friendly Sephora shoppers’ advice: a suspected reformulation since adding new colors seems to be superior to the red? Idk if true but I have many other reds. I settled on the peach (unbutton) and mauve (uncuff). When I tried on unbutton (lightest), I had on almost a black-maroon lipstick and put it right over top. It is super thin (I shake it). In one thin coat, it covered the blood-black-red with 100% opacity. Stunnas always darken on me as they dry down FYI, which takes a about a minute. Unbutton: my cool pink nw15 skin doesn’t look right with it dried - it’s like a very unflattering mid-brown on me. Tooth yellowing totally. I didn’t return as it makes an okay base for MAC goldfinch lipglass, but wouldn’t repurchase. The mauve(uncuff) tho. Be still my heart. 4eva repurchase. To explain how I feel about uncuffed: I own every color shade format etc in the hundreds and wore only this daily for MONTHS. I’ve never ever done that. I apply in am once, then maybe gloss top off throughout day. It doesn’t go in my purse cuz 1 daily application is all I need, it’s bulky, and gets staining product all over it with heavy use. I have smoked since 14 & I’m 40 (so vertical lip lines/feathering worry me) and I slightly overline and perfect lips with this unique applicator (no lipliner), making my Cupid’s bow so extra. Uncuffed is *made* for the pale, cool-toned pinkish skinned person with pigmented lips (MLBB and Bigger). This formula is truly unique. It’s like opaque water. It’s SO unlike those maybelline dry matte ink things that you can rub butter over and won’t move; this may move (esp when glossed) so be careful. But it doesn’t feather at all! Don’t kiss someone unless they want to be a fellow stunna. Less drying than any like it but nothing dries my lips cuz I really take care of them. Competitors’ (stila etc) versions of long wear liquid lips just look bad after a (short) while and crack or sumthin weird. STUNNA no. Try-on in store is essential since the site pictures aren’t accurate at all IMO (unbutton is not that nude/light - it’s a stunning contrast on darkest skinned model in pic but it is not that pale of a peach it’s warm brown). I see they added more colors! YAY! Hot pink one I’m a comin’.

on 12/16/2018 6:51:00 AM

Just got "UNBUTTON" yesterday and has been using it for 6 hours.

Pros:
1. Packaging looks nice and heavy (glass bottle) although applicator feels cheap to me (looks like metal but feels like plastic)
2. Good color on various skin tones
3. Looks great under natural light and camera; has a blurring effect to it
4. Stays long and doesn't need constant reapplication
5. Looks tidy when dry. Does not require lip liner
6. Kiss proof after drying for 10 minutes
7. Lasts through eating, specifically greasy food

Cons:
1. Product is too liquidy; difficult to apply and tends to skip when you try to perfect the lip shape and it's not dry yet
2. Takes long for it to be completely dry (around 2-3 minutes)
3. Applicator shape doesn't necessarily make it easier to apply the liquid
4. Somehow feels drying on my lips
5. Expensive price
6. Can get a better dupe

on 5/6/2018 4:44:00 AM

I had high hopes for this and was so excited to try it after seeing it on instagram. Unfortunately it is far too runny and the applicator is a nightmare! If you get it right first time and it drys then it looks incredible, but I found that I got it everywhere and it only got worse as I topped it up through the day. Such a shame as with a flat applicator and a thicker paint it would be amazing!

on 1/1/2018 8:13:00 PM

I love the color and packaging of this product! It's a classic true red, and the wand works great for me. I can get nice clean lines and full pigmentation. The product is comfortable and non drying on my lips, but it does transfer EVERYWHERE. It stays looking the same on my lips because it is so pigmented, but I see it on all my cups, straws, food, etc. My biggest complaint is that when I eat it can smudge around my mouth. I am going to try setting it with translucent powder to see if that makes a difference, because this is a great product otherwise and I want to make it work!

on 12/30/2017 12:40:00 PM

I love this lip paint! I bought it because I am the biggest fan of red lipstick and Rihanna. I expected it to be quite bright, but it is actually a darker red on my lips. (I am very pale) It definitely suits many skin tones, but the result may vary.
The glass bottle looks gorgeous! The price isn’t bad in my opinion. The applicator is quite unusual but does what it needs to. The formula is very thin and you only need the tiniest bit to cover your lips.
The finish is definitely (satin) matte, but in the most comfortable way. It does not dry my lips at all and it does not look bad after hours of wear. It stays on very well, but it is not transfer proof. It starts to feather if I eat something too greasy.