Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color
Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color

2.8

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

A stunning red that apparently suits all skin tones, it is eye-catching and intense. I found it a little hard to apply with its applicator as it is watery, so I had to use a brush instead. It was also very drying, so I think this has to be layered over lip balm or lip primer. The lip paint really is long-wearing, but also a little hard to remove. To make sure that the colour does not transfer while it dries, I found it helpful to not apply too much, and also blot after application. 2 stars because of its shockingly drying effect, but 5 stars for its colour, intensity and its packaging.

on 4/6/2018 10:00:00 AM

This is probably the first time I've actually caved in to purchase a product created by a celeb!!!!

I love the colour - it really is a true universal red and suitable for all skin tones. I've had so many compliments each time I'm wearing this!!!!!

I also love the packaging; sleek and effortless. I live outside of the US so I paid $36 for this. And this packaging does look like for what its worth.

As many people have mentioned, the applicator is slightly different. It is tricky to work with especially at the side of your lips, but its still workable. For my case, I don't experience the bleeding as much as I use a lipliner. However, you need to work fast if you mess it up before the product dries!

I don't think it claims with a matte finish, but it dries down to a soft matte finish. My lips didn't crack extensively. However, its still good to prep and moisturize your lips before applying. I've been doing this for every single other matte lipstick, so this step doesn't bother me at all. I like how it didn't give me the sticky feeling finish when I try to rub my lips, likes the MUFE Aqua colour (which was terrible btw).

One tiny swipe is already very pigmented. So I believe this is going to last a long way!

Longevity wise - it can last about a good 5-6 hrs. Unless you're going to eat food that are really oily then of course you'd require a touch up. However, if you're having a light meal, I found that I didn't really need to reapply since the product is so pigmented, all I did was to reline my lips.

Do I think the price justifies the product? Absolutely - the packaging SOLD me. The product itself, in terms of colour and the longevity, it did not disappoint me. I think the applicator can be improved - but again, the current one isn't terrible, it just takes a bit of time to get used to and it will work out.

Of course, there are many brands out there that can give you the same red colour with that undertone, but the branding itself and the execution was what really got my attention. I'm not a huge fan of Riri - but so far none of their products have disappointed me, and it was well thought out.

If you're looking for something to splurge on, pls try this out! You DEFINITELY won't be disappointed.

I would repurchase it - only provided if I manage to finish this tube, which I guess its gonna take a long time, lol

Hope this review helps!

on 2/9/2018 3:36:00 PM

Lovely packaging, colour and finish but this is the messiest lipstick ever. Smudges instantly and goes everywhere. Also very difficult to remove so you end up with red marks on your face and hand that require loads of foundation to cover. Sold it after my first use

on 1/5/2018 4:08:00 AM

I love the colour and the packaging but I hate the formula. Super messy and gets all over everything. Was super disappointed and ended up returning it.

on 1/1/2018 8:13:00 PM

I love the color and packaging of this product! It's a classic true red, and the wand works great for me. I can get nice clean lines and full pigmentation. The product is comfortable and non drying on my lips, but it does transfer EVERYWHERE. It stays looking the same on my lips because it is so pigmented, but I see it on all my cups, straws, food, etc. My biggest complaint is that when I eat it can smudge around my mouth. I am going to try setting it with translucent powder to see if that makes a difference, because this is a great product otherwise and I want to make it work!

on 12/28/2017 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's a nice universal red lip color that would suit most everyone! My first impression so far, I expected more from this product since Rihanna herself said that it would be no worries to eat with this lip paint because it won't smudge or erased from the lips. But this product smudges and transfers EVERYWHERE! My hands, mug, even smudged my chin when I'm eating a burger. The color still stays on the lips, but I just dislike getting my things stained with this lip color. However, this product feels soft and not drying on the lips unlike other matte lip products. Will try using this over lips without my daily lip balm and see if the transfer/smudging improves.