LUSH 1000 Millihelens Jelly Face Mask

LUSH 1000 Millihelens Jelly Face Mask

4.5

on 12/1/2017 2:35:00 PM

overall fantastic product.
it smells incredible, kind of like a mix of herbal tea and cucumbers? its scent is very fresh and just puts a smile on my face whenever i use it.
its a fun consistency, because the thing is with this mask since its jelly, you have to take a bit out of the pot and then rub it in your hands for a few minutes before you can apply, personally i found this step to be really fun and therapeutic. once you make the paste it applies fairly easily to the skin (although i noticed once it starts to dry on your skin you cant apply any more over top). Its easy to remove and didn't bother my skin in the slightest (i have fairly sensitive skin so that's a big plus for me).
as for its effects on my skin i feel it did really help with some acne scarring i had and helped to bring down redness, moreover it did make my skin feel very soft.
i got i believe the miniature size as it was my first time using it, but a little seems to go a long way with this, i estimate ill get about 14 uses out of this?
oh and did i mention it was only 14 dollars?
really my only complaint would be it does have a fairly short shelf life, so if you don't use face masks super frequently i wouldn't recommend this.
all in all, this mask works well, its a good price and its fun and relaxing to use.

on 11/16/2017 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my first foray into Lush's new jelly face masks. When describing my skin (acne prone combo skin, oily t-zone and normal elsewhere) the Lush sales rep actually recommended me two of the other jelly masks. FOMO and The Birth of Venus, I think. I ended up going with this one in the end, partly because FOMO seemed very similar to Rosy Cheeks which I currently have a tub of, and partly because of the inclusion of green tea and witch hazel in 1000 Millihelens. My skin has always reacted well to Lush products containing witch hazel in the past, and this turned out to be no exception.

I am currently battling some hormonal acne, and while I don't know how much this mask does for my active spots, it certainly clears up clogged pores and brightens my skin a lot. It's a very enzymic, acidic mask, and it gives me a slight tingle when applied - though nothing crazy. Lush says to only let it sit on the skin for 5-10 minutes, and for sensitive and/or drier skin I'd definitely stay within that time limit. Personally I let it sit for about 10-15 minutes, and when it wash it off my skin is brighter, clearer and smoother. Not a miracle mask, but a nice one all the same. In the future I don't think I would use it in the winter though, as I think it will be a little bit too harsh and drying for me when my skin becomes more prone to surface dryness due to the cold. I can see myself repurchasing it and use during the summer, though.

I've seen others say that this mask is harder to turn into a paste than the other jelly masks, and I hope that is true, because it is a bit tricky to use. I can never get it to a smooth paste, it's always chunky and therefore hard to spread evenly on the skin. On the plus side, it's not one of those masks that you need a really thick layer in order to get results. It really is a unique face mask, and the consistency means a little goes a long way. Much, much longer than Lush's own estimate, which I believe is something like 5-6 uses if I remember correctly. I've probably used mine 6 times already, with at least 2/3 of the pot left. So don't be intimated by the price per application, as it'll probably last a lot longer than it seems.

Having just tried this one mask, I feel the same about it as I do about Lush's shower jellies - not the most user friendly, but they're childishly fun to use. A sweet fun fact is that every mask is apparently inspired by a "badass Lush babe", i.e. Lush businesswomen. This one they say is inspired by Lush co-founder Helen Ambrosen. Girl power face masks is the new face masks!

+ Cruelty free
+ Vegan (4 out of 5 jelly masks are, only Bunny Moon isn't due to the inclusion of honey)
+ Clarifying, brightening and smoothing
+ Smells like apples and green tea - really fresh!
+ Doesn't dry down on skin, so no itchy stiff feeling
+ A little goes a long way - it feels very potent!
+ Self-preserving, so no artificial preservatives
+ A lot longer shelf-life than Lush's fresh face masks, at 4 months. Can also be stored in room temperature.

- The inclusion of perfume seems unnecessary when you have so many natural fragrances in there
- The skin can feel slightly tight and dehydrated if left on too long
- Doesn't turn into a smooth paste like the other jelly masks seem to