Burt's Bees Eye Makeup Remover Pads

No Image

1.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/13/2018 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was a little geeked when I saw these. Burt's Bees? Eye makeup remover pads? Promise to be gentle? I'll give it a try.

Sadly it's a bit underwhelming. First, I wear waterproof mascara on gym days, and I had hopes this would help take off that mascara, like the packaging says it would. Nope, it doesn't. It works okay to remove eyeshadow, and eyeliner will come off with a few swipes, but you're going to use a lot of pads to remove the waterproof stuff, and even if you set the pad over your eye for 30 seconds, it's not really going to work.

On the plus side the formula is gentle, and it doesn't leave a greasy film behind, but this is really only for people who wear just a tiny bit of eye makeup, like a little bit of eyeshadow and a swipe of regular mascara. In those cases it might be okay. But if you wear more makeup, be prepared to use a few pads each go-around to take the product off, and then after that you're still likely going to have to do extra maintenance to get the eyeliner and mascara off.

In short, I want to like it, but it just doesn't do the job for me. I wouldn't even repurchase if it were on clearance.

on 11/4/2017 3:15:00 PM

Folks, Burt's Bees Eye Makeup Removers Pads goes down as one of the worst products I've used for taking off eye makeup. I spotted these because there was a "new" sticker on them and I'm a sucker. They promise to remove waterproof mascara. They remove nothing. The only thing they do is smear the makeup you are wearing all around your eyes. I looked like a raccoon. I decided to give them a second try as I had smudged a little eye liner this morning. Nope, didn't budge it off my eye area. Product fail. I'm writing to Burt's Bees about this one. I'm going back to my Neutrogena Oil Free Gentle Eye Maker Remover.