CHANEL Gabrielle

Gabrielle

3.2

on 6/13/2018 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received this as a gift and although it’s nice, it’s not for me. This perfume is sophisticated and quite inoffensive. Perfect for daytime wear, dinner with the in laws, wearing to work or to a job interview. The scent is quite fresh and floral but it didn’t ‘wow’ me. Perfume is a very personal choice and what smells good on some people obviously won’t smell as great on others. For myself, I prefer a sweeter fragrance and so I ended up regifting this perfume as it would have been a waste of a nice perfume if I was to keep it. As far as Chanel fragrances go, I have tried them all and whilst I can appreciate the high quality of the ingredients used, I haven’t found one that I loved. Gabrielle is definitely one Chanel’s nicer fragrances though in my opinion.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I so wanted to love this fragrance and have tried quite a few times. It smells delightful (hubby even commented ...a classy fragrance) at first spray and it will last if sprayed on my hair however, on the skin, it changes after a while to some thing not so good and then just disappears. I mentioned this to the sales rep who said others had also mentioned this; no staying power (silage) and not typical of a Chanel fragrance. I returned my large bottle. But I will admit I still have to have a spray in my hair if I see it in a store...just wish it stayed 'like that first spray'.

I would and will buy this again. I love it! It’s close to coco mad so if you liked Coco mad you may like this. It’s distinctive in its chanel way, a clean white floral not heavy on aldehyde or soapiness of No 5 but I just say it’s pretty. Probably not appreciated by the young crowd like coco mad is. I think it’s an interesting frag def worth keeping in my collex. The bottle is simple & elegant, spartan. Kind of like this frag.

glad I didn’t buy it.. my name is Gabrielle. I’m disappointed.

on 11/20/2017 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I get artificial flowery-fruity notes, citrus and grapefruit, mandarine and more melon and peach than tuberose and Jasmin.
It's perfect for office use since it is very nondescript, run of the mill and weak. Nobody would be offended by it
There are better drugstore perfumes for a fraction of the cost of this one. Very disappointing.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing, beautiful fragrance that lasts a long time wearing.

HOWEVER, I do think this scent, although wonderful, is for a more mature woman - it's not a girly scent

Popular Fragrances