2.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 days ago

Gabrielle made me wonder how something can be so Chanel and so unlike Chanel at the same time? The thing is it has the hiss and purr - albeit modestly- of the voluptious Chanels I'm used to but it does not have the sensual animalics accompanying that hiss and purr. Some Chanels such as No.5 Eau Premiere - which I love actually- and Coco Mademoiselle are critised by some perfume lovers for being a shadow of the Chanel spirit. Well, Gabrielle feels like an initiation to those, so much so that I sometimes get the purr but I'm not sure that I can even smell this perfume. Maybe I'm anosmic to something in it, no idea. Thinking about it, it even feels like the French cousin of Tom Ford's metallic who has had her fair share of urbanism but has not lost connection with the heritage of her well-off traditional parents. Silk blouse with leather tights, and why the hell not if you can pull it. But your fragrance will not be defining the scene exactly. So, that's what Gabrielle is for me. Mostly linear woodsy purr with barely noticeable flowers or any other element. It wears close to skin and does not have much lasting power on me compared to other Chanels. I prefer No.5 Eau Premiere to this, which I think is as inoffensive but with more body and presence.

About reviewer (608 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairRed

a year ago

I will never understand all the poor/mediocre reviews of this perfume! I know everyone’s nose is different, and that’s why it can be difficult when it comes to reviewing fragrances. But I digress.. this perfume is stunning. I honestly don’t love any of the other Chanel perfumes outside of the Chance line (I adore all the Chanel Chance fragrances), but the others are not for me. They are simply too musky and border on that dreaded “old lady smell”. I can appreciate a mature, classy, and musky fragrance, and I don’t despise the others.. I do appreciate the formulations, but they are simply not for me. Gabrielle, on the other hand, maintains the class of a Chanel fragrance while remaining fresh and young, but not too young. I also don’t mean young necessarily in age, but in spirit. Gabrielle, to me, is the classy older sister of the Chanel Chance line.. or even perhaps the single, wealthy aunt who travels abroad and is truly out there living her best life lol. Gabrielle has a subtle warmth, without being musky or spicy. It has a subtle sweetness without being cloying or gourmand-y at all. Its unmistakably sophisticated, fresh, bright, and feminine. If you like Chance, but want something more sexy, mature, seductive, and sophisticated.. go for this. When I smelled this, my first thought was: a wealthy, classy, mature, hard-to-get, sexy (without trying too hard, if at all) woman. A woman who takes care of herself, who takes pride in herself. Who is classic, but also a class act. There is nothing powdery. “old lady-ish”, or simple about it. I ADORE this fragrance. There is nothing out there like it. Absolutely beautiful.

About reviewer (79 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

Hi! To me this perfume smells powdery. In my oppinion this perfume is for old maids. Althou I didn't understood the commercial,Kristen Stewart seems the perfect choice. It didn't lasted long on my skin.Shame.I was expecting more.After all,it's Chanel. The only thing I like is the bottle.Simple will always be beautiful.

About reviewer (73 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBlack

a year ago

This is a very floral fragrance from Chanel. It has orange blossom, ylang ylang, jasmine, and grasse tuberose as the floral notes. It is pleasant enough, I can see this being popular for Chanel. It's a creamy white floral scent. I found it to be soft, not a strong perfume, to my nose anyway. I find this to be a little underwhelming and generic overall. The bottle is really cool, it has different facets.

About reviewer (144 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I really wanted to love this. The fragrance description sounded so lovely. But its so light that I hardly smell anything at all. If you are someone who likes lighter scent you might love this one but I was a little disappointed. I would love this if it was a bit stronger and stayed on the skin a little longer.

About reviewer (255 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Disappointed, asked for it as a gift. Love the scent but it fades away in seconds... live Channel very disappointing

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairGrey

from

2 years ago

I don’t like sweet perfumes so I love Gabrielle Chanel because it’s NOT so sweet,it’s a unique floral scent which lasted on me too long!!but I don’t think it a girly perfume,it’s too feminine,this is its advantage of course!so buy it if you are over 30 :) Its other advantage is that it smells completely different in each woman that’s why it is so unique.We should understand that there are beautiful perfumes which are not for everyone it depends on our skin and personalities For me allure sensuelle is the number one and Gabrielle number two I have been wearing allure sensuelle for 11 years and nothing else stays on me but I discovered Gabrielle and I am very happy since it stays on me too!! I loved the bottle also!! Pièce of advice:don’t buy perfumes without testing them on your skin for a day or two to understand if it suits you!!only a perfume which stays on our skin is »our »perfume REMEMBER:Olivier Polge created it!he has also created Dolce Gabbanna the One for men which I love on my husband!Learn the history and the details about the creator of a fragrance and smell also other fragrances made from him! Choosing a perfume is not an easy thing it is the smell of our body! I can’t wait buying also the body lotion when it comes out because I hate different smells on me,they destroy the final smell.Of course I put it on my clothes too for a better,long lasting result

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

I received this as a gift and although it’s nice, it’s not for me. This perfume is sophisticated and quite inoffensive. Perfect for daytime wear, dinner with the in laws, wearing to work or to a job interview. The scent is quite fresh and floral but it didn’t ‘wow’ me. Perfume is a very personal choice and what smells good on some people obviously won’t smell as great on others. For myself, I prefer a sweeter fragrance and so I ended up regifting this perfume as it would have been a waste of a nice perfume if I was to keep it. As far as Chanel fragrances go, I have tried them all and whilst I can appreciate the high quality of the ingredients used, I haven’t found one that I loved. Gabrielle is definitely one Chanel’s nicer fragrances though in my opinion.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2 years ago

Glad I got a sample because this turned into bathroom cleanser on me. A scrubber.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

I so wanted to love this fragrance and have tried quite a few times. It smells delightful (hubby even commented ...a classy fragrance) at first spray and it will last if sprayed on my hair however, on the skin, it changes after a while to some thing not so good and then just disappears. I mentioned this to the sales rep who said others had also mentioned this; no staying power (silage) and not typical of a Chanel fragrance. I returned my large bottle. But I will admit I still have to have a spray in my hair if I see it in a store...just wish it stayed 'like that first spray'.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age56 & Over