4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 months ago

This highlighter is very affordable, creamy, metallic and is easy to blend. I usually don't need to build it up, one or two swipes is usually good, but if you want a supernova on your cheek and you're about that life go for it. Two things I don't like about the product is I feel like it can slightly emphasize texture on the skin, and also the packaging can be a little difficult at times to open. I have an olive skin tone, and this works very well for me, I feel like this would work for darker skin tones, but if it makes someone darker than me feel like that would make them look ashy , Maybelline does have a deep bronzey golden highlighter called "Topaz" that will work for you.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

5 months ago

If you enjoy highlighters, this is a good one and won't break the bank. It's said to be a dupe of the Mac Whisper of Gilt. I don't own that product, but on its own merits, if you want a pale yellow gold highlighter with shimmer, blinding bling and no chunky glitter, you've got it. Texture is slightly less creamy than Ofra's highlighter. It has a geometric impressed texture in the pan to assist in pick up on the brush. Oddly, it makes my medium fair complexion look darker. The packaging is very good and not thin and cheap. Big pan to swirl a brush. Looks great on skin, slight emphasis of skin texture. Not as blinging solid foil as some highlighters but close. Nice applied sheer for illumination. Universally useful and affordable.

About reviewer (246 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

6 months ago

Molten Gold is a universal golden champagne shade - I'm fair & neutral-toned, but it still looks good on me, which isn't that usual with gold shades. This shade does look extremely similar to the ABH Amrezy highlighter when on the cheeks. The highlighter has a light-reflecting pearl formula, not a regular shimmer/glitter one; it is finely milled, weightless and it doesn't migrate. When using the shade, I look straight-on into a mirror after application I can't see anything, but when I turn my head the powder catches the light and flash intensely. A perfect highlighter - it's not just sitting there as a strip of colour on my skin. Like my favourite mid/low high priced highlighters, including Amrezy; when I apply my makeup in the morning, I'll find that this will last until I'm ready to remove my makeup in the evening. Very little fading over the day. Very comparable formula to Amrezy- an excellent replacement for it, in my opinion.

About reviewer (1458 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlue

7 months ago

This is not a subtle highlighter. This is a beautiful and stunning noticeable golden glow. I was pleasantly surprised when I first tried it. It looks so pretty swiped across the cheekbones and one light sweep leaves a pigmented not necessarily natural glow but it wears well. I love to glow and I typically wear less subtle styles and it adds another dimension to your look. this wears pretty well but does start to fade later in the day. your only paying about 10 dollars for it so I think it is excellent quality for the money I always drape a towel across my shoulders to cover front of my shirt when I apply any shade of this highlighter. it is a little messy with a glittery fallout that you will wear on your shirt all day too. this is a quality product put out by Maybelline that adds to the reason it is my favorite drugstore brand for makeup

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

from

8 months ago

I love the creamy, long-lasting formula and beautiful shades. They are very wearable and using a light application can be easily intensified. These powders are highly pigmented and will give your skin that gorgeous reflective sheen. I was so pleasantly surprised by this product and how long-lasting they are.

About reviewer (67 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Coarse

EyesHazel

1.0

a year ago

I dislike. Hardcore. I swatched it in store and it looked nice and glowy. However, it does not look cute on the face. This highlight is not glittery, but it consists of large uniform flecks. It emphasizes texture and looks like you put gold spray paint on. If you want a super noticeable highlight, this is for you.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Other

2.0

a year ago

The shade molten gold is straight up orange on pale complexions. I am curious to try the other shades because this one is BLINDING. But be warned if you’re pale.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Medium, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

a year ago

This gives a beautiful, radiant glow. It is pretty versatile. I save this one more for when I am not at my job and use a more subtle one for the office. It really complements my skin, and I would imagine that it would do the same for many people. It is a pretty gold color, good texture. It has more of a glittery shimmer than my HG (Betty Lou-Manizer), and I had to do a slight bit of extra blending, but the overall finished look is gorgeous.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

a year ago

I've been looking for good highlighters and I always swatch this everytime I go to a drugstore but I have no idea why I did not purchase. On my trip overseas, I decided to get it and W O W. Pigmented, smooth and pops.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2 years ago

fantastic, better than highend highliters!

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair