Skin79 Golden Snail Intensive BB Cream

Skin79 Golden Snail Intensive BB Cream

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If there's a better BB cream for me out there, I don't know what it is.

Skin79's Golden Snail Intensive BB Cream is perfect and a little goes a long way. Comes in a cute little bottle, has a pump for easy and hygienic use, applies and spreads well, and the white cast fades as it melts into your skin. SPF 50, which is great for those of us who use retinoids or acids, no strange smells or consistency, and no greasy feeling that often accompanies "sunblock included" products.

I don't even need a primer with this. It covers brilliantly, evens out redness, takes to concealer when applied in spots, not irritating and it lasts for 8-10 hours. Maybe longer, but I've never needed it to last longer than that. Plays well with other cosmetics. No interactions. Dries to a slight matte finish. Never cakey. Doesn't fall into lines. Natural looking and feeling, and removes easily with Sensibio Micellar Water.

This is not a sheer or watery American-style BB cream, often akin to some tinted moisturizer. This has the coverage of a thin coat of pan stick but without the weight or feel. Skin79 is not messing around here and if you want a serious BB cream that's absolutely lovely, this might work for you, too. While it doesn't sing and it won't cook you breakfast, seriously, what more could you possibly want?

TWO THINGS:

1) If you are darker than fair/medium, as with most Asian creams made for lighter skin, this may not be the best option for you. For me, it's perfect as it adjusts to a slight tan or paler winter tone, so I can use this any time of year. Tip: If you're a neutral like me, you're going to love this; it pulls neither yellow nor pink, just looks neutral!

2) Rip-offs are big business, fakes are everywhere and all things considered, it's not worth the risk to your face or your health. It's not that expensive, especially when compared to products at Sephora, so I highly recommend only purchasing this product from an authorized Skin79 dealer. (I get mine from YesStyle for a little over 25 USD with fairly fast shipping and no customs issues.)

I own a few of Skin79 BB creams but since I've had such good results with snail mucin I decided to try this one. About me NW20 or below, very cool undertones, blonde hair, and green eyes for reference. This BB cream has pink in it so it does lean on the cool side it's also very light. This matches my skintone spot on so I was very pleased with that. They say golden snails are better than the regular snails they use but I wasn't interested in that. I was looking for snail mucin period, something that matches my skintone, and that lasts on my skin all day. This is great because it applies to a satin finish and it doesn't settle into fine lines at all. Nor did I get shiny and this did not fade instead it kinda melted into my skin making it look like my skin but better.

It has medium coverage for sure and it covered everything I needed it to without much concealer at all. I use a powder to set and then use my Skinfood moist makeup fixer to set this and it lasts all day. It says it has wrinkle care and whitening, it also has a SPF50+ pa+++ the sunscreen in this doesn't irritate my skin at all. So, I would say it's a light to medium coverage BB cream that can be built up if needed. I just use one layer and I apply it with my beauty blender and it looks flawless. I purchased mine on eBay for about 16$ with free shipping from a seller I trust. I'm very happy with this. Recommended.