2.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

This is a NEVER buy product for me. I tried a sample from Sephora and used it as a hair mask. I left it in for about an hour and rinsed/ shampooed. After using this, my hair was so greasy and heavy that I had to tie up my hair to get out of the house because my hair just looked greasy and oily. On the plus side, my hair was significantly softer and more hydrated. I’m hoping that another shampoo tomorrow will get the rest of it out.

About reviewer (332 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

3.0

3 months ago

In general, I like this product, it really does do everything it says. It’s a great multi-tasking product to have around. My favorite uses are as a makeup remover and face moisturizer. It absorbs quickly and leaves my skin super soft. But is this really an overpriced jar of coconut oil? Comparing it to “supermarket” coconut oil is tricky... The jar of Kopari looks nice sitting on the vanity and the teal part is kind of rubberized and makes handling it easier. The cooking / supermarket varieties have a visible variation in color and the texture is a bit chunky, especially the whole kernel ones. The Kopari is evenly white and has a smooth texture, making it more elegant for cosmetic use. Both smell the same. I am going to say if you are willing to splurge or turned off by the chunky texture of the supermarket varieties, then go for it. Because yes, this is overpriced coconut oil. I have a small & nice container I use to transfer some from the bulky supermarket jar into, and a preferred brand of coconut oil that is pretty smooth. At this price point Kopari can afford to use a third party to back up the claim of it being organic or this “formula” being better for the skin. I definitely won’t be repurchasing it.

About reviewer (314 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

10 months ago

Seriously? This is coconut oil... and just that. Amazing what marketing can do! I would give this zero lippies if it were possible.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

10 months ago

This is a multi-purpose product! I've used it as a moisturizer, makeup remover, hair conditioner and lip treatment. It has a lovely smell and the pot is super cute! I got a mini size at Sephora and I am considering buying a bigger pot. I don't think there is a huge difference between coconut oil you buy in the grocery store, but nice to know this is completely natural and vegan. I do wish it wasn't so expensive, but there is alot of product and it lasts forever. I like it alot!

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

3.0

a year ago

Coconut oil in itself is amazing in so many ways and the fact a cosmetics company found a great marketing strategy to sell this - points for them. The product itself is good and does what it says (where it earned the two points), but where it lost the two points is that you honestly can find this cheaper IF you know what to look for. I understand people say this is a better quality than some of the supermarket brands of oil and that’s why they would purchase this and to some extent you are correct. A company like this takes the guess work out of making sure you are buying the RIGHT type of oil from the supermarket. For example, you would need to make sure the oil you buy from the supermarket is organic or else it means pesticides and other stuff was used during the growth of the coconut. You also want unrefined aka virgin coconut oil because refined (what a lot of food grade coconut oils are) has to be chemically processed to ensure they are sanitary. Basically farms store whole coconuts in unsanitary conditions before they are sent to factories for processing. Unrefined coconuts are pressed after harvest so the additional sanitation step is not necessary (as long as that factory is clean!). Then finally the key for keeping more of a coconut’s beneficial properties is seeing the term “cold-pressed” on the label because it means the oil wasn’t overheated during processing and kept more of its beneficial properties. Cold-pressed oils are not refined so it’s another thing to keep in mind if you don’t see “unrefined” explicitly listed on a label. On the flip, as long as you do your research and look into a supermarket oil that has been processed accordingly, you can invest in a different brand of coconut oil to save yourself a lot of money in the long run. Your choice!

About reviewer (110 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

a year ago

ZERO STARS. This product is offensive and an insult to people's wallet and intelligence. It is absolutely no different than plain virgin coconut oil that can be found in the grocery or health food store. In fact, food grade anything oil will always be of a higher quality and safety than cosmetic grade. Not to mention oils should be stored in glass as plastic chemicals leach out in the presence of oil and different temperature. (ie. there are dozens of types of Biphesnols not just A) Don't waste your money my friends, buy some legit coconut organic coconut oil in a glass jar from the grocery store.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Other, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

This stuff is magic. Kopari Organic Coconut Melt can be used for - All-over Skin Moisturizing, Under Eye Rescuing, Hair Conditioning With 100% Organic Coconut Oil, Non GMO, Vegan, Cruelty Free, Paraben Free and Sulfate Free. Of the many uses they promote it for , I have used it as a makeup remover - it works great. It can be a little greasy so I follow up with an astringent. A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY!! I have used it as a hair mask, applying it to dry unwashed hair, putting it up in a cap and wash it out the next morning. After an unfortunate coloring process my hair was fried but this stuff worked wonders. It works great as an eye cream and the say it makes great bath boost, body moistureizer, baby butter, etc keep in mind, it can get greasy so start with small amounts. I love this stuff!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I don’t get it. I simply don’t understand why people are buying this product. You can buy coconut oil dirt cheap anywhere. Like to use some of the ones at Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods.after i shower. But this is strange. I got one in a jar. Usually comes in a squeeze type bottle as it is an oil. Mine was liquefied and pretty messy to get out of jar. But i used it. Smells a little like coconut. Moisturizing, did break my arms out so just used on my legs. Then after a few weeks the liquid emulsified into a white almost gel like cream consistency. It made scooping out of jar easier however it also contained hard nodules that didn’t break apart. I would rub this on my legs and the hard particles would fall off onto the floor. I don’t know if it was heat in South Florida or what. But for all these reasons i thought waste of $$$$$. Skip this.

About reviewer (4641 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

2 years ago

The fact that Kopari Cosmetics was able to take something as plain and simple as coconut oil and turn it into an entire line of products is quite impressive. Kopari's Coconut Melt is the head of this line and is, simply put, coconut. There is nothing wrong with this product at all. To me it seems like they are turning coconut into a more expensive commodity than it needs to be. This company is brilliant though. Some of their other products are more impressive- all based around the ingredient coconut. If you don't mind spending the money there is absolutely nothing wrong with this product, and trust me, this is a more beautiful jar of coconut than the ones you get at the grocery store. My more detailed review can be seen here: <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/wyQDjdWwtmo"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/wyQDjdWwtmo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (702 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

2 years ago

love this product....the scent is amazing and i loved applying it. i use it for moisturizing my whole body including my face and will definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age56 & Over