Dior Lip Tattoo Long-Wear Colored Tint

No Image

2.1

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I wish I had read the reviews prior to purchasing them but now that I have tried one I feel I have buyers regret. I bought Rosewood and Berry and I tried out the latter today. The product is very wet and as I applied it on to my lips, it felt slippery and thin as though it was going to run down to my chin and the colour looked very patchy on my lips. It became very pigmented as it dried and the end result was that it looked more of a matte liquid lip than a stain/tattoo as it had that cakey look. My lips looked more of a stain when I removed the lip tattoo and I preferred that look and I applied Dior Addict lip glow in Rose Gold limited edition on top, giving my lips a sparkly deep mauve colour on my lips. After eating and drinking only a line around my lips stayed on.

Maybe the trick using the Dior Lip Tattoo is by dabbing a small amount on your lip and then using either your finger (which I prefer) or a lip brush to spread it evenly so it’s not too thick. I will give these guys another chance and i still have to try out Rosewood but I will keep these guys but perhaps not to repurchase.

on 5/11/2018 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I read about this in India Knight's Times beauty column. I have twenty-odd lipsticks in my drawer that I never wear because I have a problem with my lips. Despite slathering them with lip salve, they are nearly always dry. I find lipsticks make my lips sore and anyway, I seem to eat it off. So I'm not really a 'lippy' person.

However, I would like something to give my face a pop of colour. They didn't have the watermelon suggested, so I went for cranberry.

So far, so good. It looks nice when it's on and is comfortable to wear. When I've worn it a few more times I might upgrade my score.

Cons: It's messy to apply – I don't like the 'wand' at all – it's too big and produces too much product. The videos on the Dior website make it look sooo easy...I suppose that's the idea. Secondly, It is really, really expensive.

on 5/7/2018 6:20:00 AM

To be honest, I was sorely disappointed by this product. I think it's because I was expecting something
very low-maintenance (I mean, its marketed as a long-wearing stain and all the colours have the word "natural" in the name).
The colour range isn't great either. I tried Natural Berry and Rosewood and it looked weirdly muddy on me. The doe-foot is nice but its just not right for this liquidy formula. Another annoying thing is that it disappears from my upper lip a lot quicker than my bottom lip - has anyone experienced that or is it just me?

That being said, I do love the colour of Natural Cherry, which what made me try to make this work. After a few goes, I've figured a couple of things out:
1. You're gonna want to wipe most of the product off the doe-foot. It's crazy pigmented so you won't need much anyway.
2. Apply it in big sweeping strokes to get a uniformed coverage and minimal streaking.

When I apply it right the results are stunning. The colour is beautiful and the texture is so lightweight and comfortable. It's not crazy glossy but has a sophisticated sheen to it. It doesn't dry my lips out, but on the downside, it's not very long-lasting. Even though I love the results, I'm still really on the fence about purchasing it because at the end of the day it's kinda a bitch to take time to apply it on when I was looking for a quick everyday stain in the first place.

on 4/26/2018 2:54:00 AM

Wish I read reviews before I bought this terrible product!! Honestly money gone down the drain. I tried to apply this in many different ways but it just doesn’t work out for me. First of all, it stains the lips very unevenly. For some reason, it does not stain the outer parts of my lips? Just the inner areas, which I supposed looks like a gradient lip albeit a very terrible one. Second, the wand is just awful. It picks up way too much product so you have to blot away the rest. Best finish is when you use your fingers to dab it on but it ends up staining your fingers. I can’t say much about the longetivity because I have never actually tried using it because I hate the way it looks on the lips. Just don’t buy this product!

on 1/31/2018 6:24:00 PM

This product has its downsides, it’s difficult to apply, and when it starts to wear off it doesn’t go evenly but leaves little patches on the lips.
Having said that, I really like it because it stays on the lips for quite a long time.
The color I bought, natural pink, is not natural at all. It was a deception. It’s quite a vivid pink, but fortunately I still like it.
Lip stains tend to leave my lips feeling dry and chapped but this one didn’t hurt my lips.
I was surprised all the other reviews of this product are so bad, because I think it’s a good product.
The 3 lipsticks and not more are due to the downsides exposed above, and because it’s too expensive.
By the way, the packaging is gorgeous.
Update: I liked the product so much that I bought the Coral color as well, and I like it even more in this shade.

on 1/29/2018 2:03:00 PM

Although I research thoroughly all the makeup products before I purchase them I didn't with this one. It is horrible for a dior product and the money it costs... you have to use something to create your lip lines and the wand always has more product that you need... it gives a nice natural colour ,not matte and not transfer proof. I don't recommend not even for something natural. The formula is very liquid and not easy to use.... I wanna use it as a primer for lipsticks in the same colour pallet in order to take advantage of the stain but I believe they will loose their transfer proof and efficiency.

on 1/24/2018 12:59:00 AM

This is so disappointing. I tried it with the tester and it was just perfect. I took the rosewood and the berry. But then the real ones were different than the testers: no staying power and it seemed to stay on the lip lines! I returned them, but I found it outrageous that Dior shows a different tester than the real product!!!

on 1/6/2018 8:36:00 AM

Disappointing as i was wanting something that was going to last so i wasted money on buying this " lip tattoo" which didn't last long and the colour ended up patchy and dry.

I loved the idea of a lip stain by Dior. I got Natural Berry and the color had the potential of looking great but that depended on how lightly/heavily you put it on. But therein lies the problem, it is SO hard to control the amount of product the comes off and spread it evenly on the lips with the applicator. I will wait a few seconds short of drying and lightly blot my lips on a tissue paper and then smack my lips together. It's probably best to use your finger to dab a bit a product on your lips for a natural look.
The idea of dabbing color on my lips is just fussy especially when I'm a public setting. I WISH that the stain lasted longer so reapplication wouldn't be necessary but unfortunately that's not that case. Longevity sucks...

on 9/21/2017 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this out & I am SO disappointed.

I purchased the shade 'cherry' as used by Bella Hadid (it looked flawless on her), and at first I thought it was amazing; the smell is gorgeous and feels wet when you put it on but dries quickly.

After using it a few times I noticed that it was clinging to certain parts of my lips and not covering fully.. particularly on my top lip. The lipstick IS long lasting but I don't want patchy lipstick to last for a long time! I still use it during the day but I pat a tiny bit on my lips and spread it over so it's very very subtle but I'm just making the most of it as I paid so much for it.

I wouldn't suggest buying this product at all.. I expect better from Dior!!