4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

This is a beautiful mineral sunscreen that feels like a moisturizer and blends in so well, it doesn’t feel like you are wearing sunscreen at all. There is an initial opalescence to it when first applying but as soon as it absorbs, which is very quick, it doesn’t leave any hint of this on your skin. I wish this was available in Canada, I picked it up on a weekend getaway in the US. If I knew this was going to be as good as it is I would have bought more than one tube. I love the Australian Gold Tinted Mineral sunscreen however it is definitely not as moisturizing as this. AG can feel drying on the skin and so I do not use it during the cooler, drier months and really save it for summer because I do not need to wear foundation with it. I really like that Farmacy didn’t add a tint to this sunscreen which makes it more wearable for all skin tones. It is hella expensive and so maybe it’s a good thing it’s not available locally for me but it’s definitely worth purchasing. Excellent product!

About reviewer (929 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

from

5 months ago

This has been renamed "Green Defense" which is a shame, because I thought the name "Green Screen" was clever as yell. Farmacy assures us the ingredients are the same, the product was just renamed, and I think I believe them. I have a small sample of the Screen, and bought the full size Defense when it came out, and they feel and look the same to me. Anyway, this stuff rocks my socks. It's hands down my most favoritist of all time moisturizer/sunscreen for summer. I don't find it heavy at all, and in summer, my skin is normal. It isn't enough come winter, but this is amazing in summer. It rubs right in, leaves no white cast on me (I'm NC 30 in summer) and makeup goes on amazingly well over it. I can't believe how much I like this stuff! Other than the price, which is WAY too expensive for what it is, there's no drawbacks to this for me. But I bought the first tube when Farmacy relaunched it and had a sale on it to celebrate, and when Sephora has their upcoming sale, I'm going to get another one for $$ off. I'd buy it at full price, but if I don't have to, I won't! :)

About reviewer (206 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

7 months ago

The pros are that this is a physical sunscreen that does not leave a whitecast and does not irritate your eyes if your eyes happen to water during the day. The downside is that you do need to work this product into your skin - it doesn't 'glide' on, unlike Asian sunscreens. I could also feel it sitting on the skin, so I only wore this sunscreen during cool days. Not bad, but a bit too heavy for my personal liking.

About reviewer (51 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination

HairBlack

a year ago

I had never used a separate SPF always relying on my moisturizer and/or foundation, but I was told that is not enough. The hunt for a SPF that would not be greasy under foundation was on way. I received this free sample from Sephora and so many people in the store raved about this sunscreen. I liked the ingredients so I tried it. You must apply before primer and after moisturizer, took some practice. It must dry down completely. It has a nice scent. On a dry day, this is a great sunscreen. If the air is humid, this really starts to break up the makeup and your face starts to look oily. I really liked this sunscreen after daily use for 2 weeks in dryer days. I almost purchased it, but then I realized after a humid day in Texas that my skin was irritated and I got these small bumps on my eyebrows, temples, and forehead. PRO: ingredients CON: price and on me irritated my skin after a hot humid day, slighty greasy after hot humid day

About reviewer (243 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

a year ago

This product is $36 for 1.7 fluid ounces and has an SPF of 30. Right off the bat, this is overpriced. The vast majority of sunscreens available on the market offer an average SPF of 50 and give you the same amount of product for a smaller price. I was looking for a sunscreen that wasn't quite as drying and this sunscreen can actually be a little greasy for my oily/combination skin. It doesn't leave a white cast and sits well under makeup, but for that price tag, I want it to have more protection. I love the packaging, which is a squeeze tube. It's my preferred packaging because it's hygienic and every last drop can be used if you cut the tube at the very end of its life. Personally, I prefer something more affordable and with more protection. A very similar product would be the Innisfree perfect UV protection cream anti-pollution, which comes in a tube and has a cream-like consistency. I prefer that one because it has an SPF 50+ PA++++ and costs $12-$18 for 50 mL or 1.69 oz. I am the type of person who changes their sunscreen depending on the weather, so if you plan on buying one of these heavier and creamier sunscreens, they work well during the fall and winter or if you have dry skin.

About reviewer (222 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

For the moment, this is my HG sunscreen. (But I'm always on the lookout for something better haha). I purchased this after watching Gothamista's YouTube on Mineral SS. My previous HG was the mineral Clarins one from years ago but that got discontinued and relaunched as a chemincal/mineral mix. This is not as good as that one but the best I've found so far. It has no scent. It really does not take long to blend. When you put it on at first you think it will take forever but it really does not take a TON of effort to blend (granted I am NW 10-15). I have used it for a month now with no irritation/breakouts. I will say it does feel slightly heavy on, like you can feel you are wearing something. It's not the end of the world to me though. I've worn it with makeup and it behaves well underneath makeup. I find most sunscreens to feel slightly drying to my skin and this one does not. In her video Gothamista recommended this to someone more normal/dry than normal/oily. I have combo/oily skin and I do not feel like it make my skin shiny or greasy. The price is slightly expensive because the bottle will probably last me 6 weeks and that's quite a bit to keep up with price wise for me. Alas good mineral s/s is hard to find so I will stick with this one for now. Oh one more thing, the packaging is really cool. The box it came in is origami-like. Something I have never seen before. EDIT 11/2018: After using this product for awhile it does dry my skin somewhat, but all mineral s/s do that to me. It's not a dealbreaker for me because it checks all the other boxes. I did learn a good trick about mineral s/s from an Into the Gloss article. Let it sit on your face for at least a minute or two before blending it. Your face will absorb it and you won't be rubbing so much off when you blend, very important for s/s. This really helps with this product because some really does absorb.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

I must say that I really enjoy most products from Farmacy Beauty and their Green Screen Daily Environmental Protector Broad Spectrum MineralSunscreen SPF 30 with Echinacea GreenEnvy was no exception. I love that this is a mineral sunscreen yet this leaves no white cast on skin like many can. This is also very lightly moisturizing, contains no denatured alcohol, and has no real scent to this. I smooths over skin very easily and also works well under makeup. I also love the fact that they have included antioxidants to help skin fight free radicals and damage from pollutants. This is one sunscreen that I don't mind applying every day. I will repurchase this when I run out. My video review and swatch can be seen here: <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/sBgH5b1zpyU"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/sBgH5b1zpyU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (702 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

2 years ago

I have oily, sensitive skin that historically doesn’t play well with sunscreen, including most Japanese selections due to the frequent inclusion of alcohol. After trying a sample of this from Sephora, I fell in love and purchased the full size. My skin is very fair (NC10ish) and this does not leave a white cast. It also sinks in and dries down completely - it doesn’t leave any noticeable sheen or residue on my skin, which is usually one of my biggest deal breakers with other sunscreens. Makeup applies perfectly over top and it does not speed up the rate at which my skin gets oily throughout the day. Very, very pleased and excited that I can finally wear sunscreen regularly without being miserable.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

One of the best mineral SPF launches in years. My other favorite is Josie Maran. This one however is a little lighter and less moisturizing than Josie though not dry at all. It is better for the summer time and blends very easy. It does not leave any white cast on me. No sticky gross reside/texture. Wears amazing under makeup. This company is owned by one of the makers of 3LAB so this sunscreen shares allot of the same ingredients as LAB Perfect Lite Sunscreen SPF 30. **Could not disagree more with (MICROPEEN) review above.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

Age36-43