Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++

Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++

4.3

Water, Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Sodium Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Acrylates/C10-30 Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Agar, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrus Grandis, Citrus Medica Limonum, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis, Xylitol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Fragrance

This sunscreen is light weight and absorbs easily, also it didn't leave any white cast on my skin. However, it contains alcohol and my dry-ish skin doesn't agree with that. So, nah, I won't be repurchasing. I'm using Hada Labo's air sunscreen which is alcohol free.

I tried this after finding Biore's perfect face milk a little too drying and mattifying. The texture is a light gel, and I find it neither drying or moisturizing. It just feels like clean, soft skin.
The best thing about this product is that my 4 kids tolerate my putting it on their faces. They hate sunscreen that is sticky, greasy, shiny, or hard to rub in. (Picky like their mama!) This just smooths on and disappears. So thank you, Biore, for eliminating 15 minutes of whining and complaining every morning as I'm getting the kids ready. If only this sunscreen could make beds and brush teeth... Lol!

To Read all 125 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Compared to most western sunscreens, this one is far lighter and less greasy on the skin.
However, my skin is very oily and this just never seemed to fully absorb. Also, it made my foundation slide and look more greasy.
I don't think it's a bad sunscreen, but after seeing all the glowing reviews, I was left wanting.

I used up a whole tube, but would not repurchase again.
For my skintype I much prefer the Biore Perfect Milks, which are more mattifying and stay put.

on 6/21/2016 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this on Amazon after seeing the reviews and recommendations here. The texture and application is amazing! I loved this product for the first few days. After a while, my face started getting irritated and dry. It must be the alcohol content. I will use this up for sure... but won't buy again. Recommend for once in a while use (when you need your face unsticky and mu to look great). Not recommend for daily use unless you are super oily. For reference, I am super dry in winter and dry-to-normal in summer.

on 6/21/2016 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had to try this sunscreen, being an oily-skinned sun protection fanatic. Everything about it seemed like it would be absolutely perfect for my needs. And it...was and wasn't. I ended up disappointed. The texture and finish is just as beautiful and perfect as everyone says. Disappears into skin and controls oil extremely well, no white cast, but sadly the alcohol in this did begin to dry me out within about three days. I use acids and other drying actives, so on top of those this was just too much. I was surprised, my oily skin usually holds up to anything, but I definitely ended up flaky and dehydrated from this. And directly because of that I ended up breaking out a little. My other issue with this sunscreen is that I just don't think it gives that great protection, which is weird, considering it's SPF 50. I know it isn't water-proof or sweat-proof, but just walking around in the sun a little bit I ended up slightly red with this, and after a week of use my face was definitely more tan. Also old pigmentation that had been fading seemed to get more red. Yeah...looking at other reviews, I see I am not the only one with that issue. I don't understand, it seems to work great for others for sun protection, really confusing. It definitely gave me SOME protection, but not enough. (And yup, I always use a proper amount, follow wait times, and reapply frequently.) I still sort of like this sunscreen, and may use it occasionally when I just need a little bit of protection, but unfortunately I can't even use it as a daily indoor sunscreen due to the dehydration issue. Back to my Neutrogena Clear Face SPF 30, which leaves me a little greasy, but other than that works perfectly. I'd say this product is worth trying, since it's inexpensive, but maybe not the be all and end all of sunscreen for everyone.

Updated to add: Couldn't resist the beautiful finish of this sunscreen, so I tried again, while stepping up moisturizing game. Wore it for a week straight, broke out with cystic acne. :( I suppose I could wear this as a one off to a wedding or something, but sadly can't be daily use for me.

This is the best sunscreen I've ever used, bar none. Definitely HG status for me.
I live in a tropical country with really intense summers and I'm lazy to use an umbrella whenever I go outside, but with this, I've never gotten sunburnt and I'm still as pale as ever. The texture is light and I love the slight cooling sensation it gives upon application. There is a slight citrus scent which is non-offensive and goes away quickly. I mainly use this for my body but I have tried using it on my face when I went on a beach trip--it didn't leave a white cast, left my face pleasantly matte and most important, did not break me out. Price point is decent, and with everyday use, a tube lasts me a month. It used to be a bit difficult to find in my country, but it seemed the demand has risen so thankfully, I can now purchase this in my neighborhood Watson's.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got this when I was in Hong Kong a few years back.

Not just with the high SPF content of 50, this product provides sufficient sun protection. The smell of citrus and watery based like. After applying, a cool sensation can be felt and it completely sinks into your skin.

Foundations go really well with this and it makes my skin feel very soft and silky.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my HG sunscreen! I have very oily, acne-prone skin that tends to leave postinflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) after a breakout (aren't I lucky?). I will also admit I was never very consistent with sunscreen because everything that I used either made me oilier or broke me out. I was hesitant to buy this because it does contain alcohol, which is a big no-no for sensitive skin. Despite this, I bought the Biore sunscreen because of rave reviews and I'm really glad I did. Upon application, it's quite cooling and it smells citrusy, light, and fresh. If you're sensitive to scent, I find that it does dissipate quickly. It has a gel/cream consistency that's easy to rub in. A little goes a long way.

Unlike most sunscreens, this did not make me oilier or break me out, which is a total godsend in my book. Super oily skin plus sweat in the summer is AWFUL, but this works amazingly with my skin! I have been using it every day for almost a year now. I have also noticed that my PIH has faded more quickly because of the SPF protection. Although it is available on Amazon and eBay, I don't know why Biore only sells this in Japan! This stuff is awesome!

on 5/20/2016 12:30:00 AM

Ok, so I got to use UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen because of MUA. I saw a MUA recommended suncreen for combination skin which is my skin type. So i clicked in and found this. I bought it and was totally amazed! What I used before was shiseido blue bottle, it is liquid, easy to apply but oily didnt absorp well or give you a clean feeling. I used biore and I have to say it again, I am amazed. It is very inexpensive. Light apply given it is SPF 50+, skin didnt get dried or oily, absorbed well. One thing need to remember is to apply before your makeup after foundation, this is my preference and it worked well. I also bought SPF 30+ which was said to be more moisturizing. Will let you gals know after I try. Usually unless you are out all the time, SPF30 should be enough for office ladies, and it doesnt give heavy burden on skin compared to SPF50

on 5/14/2016 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Very nice sunscreen with zero white cast and a non tacky finish, along with superb uv a protection. However, it does have alcohol and it is just too drying and irritating for me. My skin is still on the oily/combo side but really the amount of alcohol in here is a lot, plus the filters and formula is not moisturizing. I would have killed for this sunscreen in my 20's though, when I was much oilier.