Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++

Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++
UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++

4.2

Water, Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Sodium Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Acrylates/C10-30 Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Agar, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrus Grandis, Citrus Medica Limonum, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis, Xylitol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Fragrance

on 10/17/2017 5:37:00 PM

I've tried every available sunscreen (both chemical and physical) on this planet and gave up on the hope of ever finding any that doesn't break me out or/and dry out my skin or/and turn me into a greaseball. I was talked into trying this one by a friend who is a fan of Asian skin products, and got me sucked into loving the stuff as well.

This one is THE sunscreen! Applies like a dream, keeps my dry parts moisturized, oily parts matte. Slightly blurs out imperfections. My BB cream and foundations look gorgeous with this sunscreen underneath. The only con I can think of the initial strong smell of alcohol, but it goes away quickly.

on 10/17/2017 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Had high hopes as it's easily available in Asia and relatively inexpensive. I loved everything about the texture. I didn't like what it did to my skin - cystic acne all over. My skin probably doesn't like chemical sunscreens.

on 9/30/2017 6:53:00 PM

I've tried easily a dozen sunscreens (both Asian and Western brands) and this is hands down my favorite. I've repurchased this multiple times and am actually quite anxious about having to switch to the new 2017 formula since I hear it is less cosmetically elegant.

I put on a thick layer every day and it settles in super quickly and feels like absolutely nothing on the whole day. I even think it provides a slight blurring effect, smoothing some texture issues I have even though this is not one of the properties advertised. My skin is combo, dry and flaky on cheeks while somewhat greasy in the T-zone and this does not irritate my dry patches or exacerbate my oiliness. I normally avoid alcohol in face products, but its presence here does not bother my skin.

I'll update this review in 40 years if I still have baby butt skin unmarred by wrinkles.

Caveats:
*I do use an oil cleanser to remove this at the end of the day. I have very clog prone skin and if I remove with an oil cleanser this does not break me out.

*I have noticed that when I use this sunscreen during hot weather (read: really sweaty), I have picked up some color. So if you anticipate a lot of sweating I would choose a more tenacious sunscreen or reapply frequently.

on 10/13/2017 2:49:00 AM

Tried this as it was recommended by my makeup obsessed friend and saw it as a recommended product by Cosme.

I have very sensitive skin that's allergic to alcohol so I was very afraid to use this product.

But since I've been using it so far I've had no breakouts (I get rashes from alcohol) and my face does seem noticeably smoother and softer. The product doesn't feel sticky on your face and dries quickly. I use it with my physiogel moisturizer so it doesn't dry me out.

I do use an oil cleanser to make sure that the sunscreen is removed from my face and have a double cleanse routine.

on 10/17/2017 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I ordered this from amazon from a Japanese seller so it took forever to get to me. I felt like it did a good job of protecting my skin so much that I never even tanned on my face during the summer. With one application it was fine, lightweight and not greasy but if I re-applied later on in the day, OMG. It was so think and greasy, and I was so shiny you could see me a mile away. I won't repurchase for that reason. FYI, I have oily skin.

on 9/19/2017 8:10:00 PM

This sunscreen is one of the best items I have ever tried. I bought it at Daiso at AU$19 and I could say its price was quite cheap, compared to other quality products.
I did try drugstore items like Neutrogena, Sunbum, and Invisible zinc (Australian products) and I don't like them at all. Neutrogena make my face itchy while Invisible zinc lefton white on my face.
Biore Aqua sunscreen includes watery essence which moistures your skin and its texture is gel which absorbs into your skin quickly, leave your skin comfortable. The new packaging is nice, too.

on 9/16/2017 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this is the best sunscreen for me. No white cast, doesn't get greasy on me, smells pleasantly citrusy, doesn't dry me out, love the packaging. I hoard this like a mofo - I think I have at least 10 backups. I go through sunscreen quickly and would rather buy a whole bunch at a time, because I can't get it that easily where I am and have to buy it from overseas.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wish this SS (SunScreen) is for me but unfortunately NOT. A bit upsetting because this brand is relatively easy to find in my city..

This high SPF SS texture is awesome. White colored gel cream and fresh citrusy scent. It's lightweight and slightly cooling upon application. Fast absorbing & leave your skin hydrated and soft to touch (probably the silicone in it) also no whitecast detected. Perfect for under makeup.

That was my experience for the first half of the tube. What come next is.. I start to develop deep cyst all over my face. My forehead which always acne/pimple/cyst free is a MESS (back then when I use this Biore SS). I'm mortified..

At first I suspect alcohol was the culprit, but I remembered I have use alcohol based toner before, and my face seems fine albeit the dryness. Then the silicone, but I recall I use silicone primer before I meet Biore, and my forehead is fine. Silicones caused slightly whiteheads on nose & cheek but no pimples.. no pimples on forehead

Then I racked this Biore ingredients again and I found they use AGAR as ingredients.. AGAR!!!

Now I learned after all the products causing breakouts, my skin never ever agreed with AGAR, all of Algae families, fermented Algae proteins, Spirulina families, Gelatins and Caraageenan. It's okay when consumed Agar, but when applied topically, Boom! My skin breakouts in hives of pimples. Thankyou..

I don't want to waste products so whatever didn't agreed on my face I used them on my arms/legs and..hello pimples 😂 I have pimples on my inner arm.. God please help, it's weird.. I toss it to my garbage bin.

If you're not sensitive with those ingredients, go for Biore. This SS has a lovely texture & finish, great under makeup, also great value for the price given.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I hate the way most sunscreens feel. This dries fast and doesn't feel greasy. My skin feels like I pu nothing on it. I'm thinking about trying the Gel version next time since I heard it's a little better? I bought tubes for everyone in my family and they all love it. Wish we had more Asian type sunscreens in the US instead of the normal chalk greasy mess.

on 9/10/2017 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

i decided to try this sunscreen because of it's rave reviews on amazon, r/skincareaddiction and r/asianbeauty. it's supposed to be cosmetically elegant, meaning it applies easily and dries quickly with a matte finish, which is great for people who wear makeup. it has a very, very strong alcohol scent to it, which isn't surprising, because biore sunscreens are usually chalk full of the stuff -- that's what makes it so great for applying under makeup. however, i don't wear makeup; i just wanted something that dried quickly and didn't make my skin feel yucky like american sunscreens do. anyway, after applying this, i immediately felt a stinging sensation upon my cheeks. it was uncomfortable, but i decided to ignore it and go about my day to see if it would stop. the pros? i didn't break out and it settled into my skin pretty quick, which i liked. it didn't even feel like i had sunscreen on, so i can definitely see why people like it for that reason alone. it definitely had a matte finish, however, it was so incredibly drying and caused a such stinging sensation that i couldn't stand it. as soon as i got home from class, i washed it off and my skin felt so much better. if you're someone who is dry/dehydrated, i would definitely not recommend this sunscreen. if you want to try it anyway, make sure to put a decent moisturizer on before! there are plenty of better asian sunscreens out there that are just as great without the alcohol, like skin aqua moisture milk.