Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++

Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++
UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++

4.2

Water, Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Sodium Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Acrylates/C10-30 Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Agar, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrus Grandis, Citrus Medica Limonum, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis, Xylitol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Fragrance

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It has an amazing texture, goes on very smoothly and without any streaks or white cast. It absorbs very quickly into the skin. The major downside is the very, very powerful alcohol smell. I don't think I have ever tried a sunscreen that smelled so much like alcohol. It doesn't irritate my skin or my eyes, but the smell does bother me. I think this would also be drying for people with dry skin. I have normal skin and it does sometimes feel a bit tight when wearing this.
So, 10/10 for texture and cosmetic elegance, but 2/10 for the alcohol.

on 8/28/2018 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love it. Doesn't have a strong smell but what I don't want is it makes my face shiny. But do I expect. It is not matte finish or something but it is really thinner than usual cream sunblocks and gentle on my skin. I live in a tropical country but this does not leave my skin greasy feeling or very sweaty. I use this on top of my BB cream then I am good to go. Very decent sunblock!

Absolutely in love. The only downside is it has alcohol, and I have capillary prone skin. So I should be avoiding anything with alcohol but I can't give this up. It's to good of a sunscreen. I'm on my fourth bottle. It sucks they don't sell it in Canada, so I order it online. It's well worth it. Plus, the price is pretty decent, if like me you've had to shell out big money on facial sunscreen before. Also does not add to my oily or aggravate my acne at all! So give this a try ladies. Also it works well under makeup, hopefully it makes it into your skin care routine. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This sunscreen is the best sunscreen I've ever used.

on 7/27/2018 7:39:00 PM

Particularly good as an under make-up sunscreen, especially when most of your day is spent indoors but you need something lightweight to protect against UVA rays that get through windows and brief spells outside. Japanese sunscreens as a whole are incredible, there is huge demand domestically for effective high-quality sunscreens that look good on the skin, and as competition is so fierce prices are generally low. This one is fairly cheap, it's readily available online although some sellers will add a huge markup to the price, so be careful. Comes in a 50mL squeezy tube as depicted, although the packaging now looks a little different with an updated design, and has been reformulated so it now offers PA++++ UVA protection as well as SPF50.

It's as the name suggests, a thin and watery product that is similar in consistency to the lightweight essence products popular in the region. It contains chemical sunscreens, so doesn't leave any white or greasy cast, and sinks quickly into skin leaving a nearly undetectable finish - I can quite happily use the recommended quarter teaspoon amount on my face without it looking or feeling like I've smeared a layer of butter all over it. However, it contains alcohol and has a lemony scent - my skin is quite oily, so alcohol in products doesn't dry it out that much, and generally ok with fragranced products. If you have dry and/or sensitive skin, and it doesn't tolerate fragrance or alcohol well, proceed with caution.

on 7/18/2018 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very smooth and affordable!!! I continue to use it.

on 7/12/2018 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I use this for my neck. Yes, neck. I have super oily skin and cystic acne on my chin and neck, this really helps with that because doesn't clog my pores. I live in a city really hot where summer is almost all year and really protects my skin. It feels light and the price is perfect even with the shipping from Japan, cheaper than other high-end sunscreens.

on 7/8/2018 4:50:00 PM

I've been using this sunscreen for the past ten years. I buy a new bottle every summer and it lasts me months. I use it under makeup daily and even my husband and baby uses it. I love how light this is. Feels like water gel with no residue heavy feel. I don't even feel it at all. We have taken it on vacation and also on pool days at home. I have never burned using this. I will continue to purchase year after year.

This sunscreen has helped me get rid of my hyperpigmentation for my face, I use it everyday . It looks great under my makeup, doesn't sting my eyes and doesn't pill. I'm so glad I don't have sensitive skin because the alcohol could be a deal breaker but I don't even know it's there, the smell doesn't even bother me, a lemony scent. I always have a backup tube or two of this wonderful sunscreen. It's a great sunscreen for your face if you can tolerate the alcohol and it's waterproof.

on 6/5/2018 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this sunscreen. I hate the way sunscreen feels, to say nothing of how terrible makeup looks on top, but this one is a real winner. It doesn't break me out, irritate my skin, or alter my makeup. I use it in place of a regular moisturizer in the morning, and it sinks in really fast and has no funky smell or residue. I'm aware this product contains alcohol, but honestly, it's humid af here in the summer and my skin doesn't care, so neither do I. I'm a bit wary of fake products, so I got mine online from a NYC Asian marketplace--I don't remember the name offhand, but it's mentioned in a Refinery29 article about this product if you Google it. Price was $13.99 for a tube, which is a great value, IMO. I'm sure I'll need another tube soon because my skin is very susceptible to sunburn (thanks, AHAs!) and I slather on a good amount for my face, but I'm happy to order more if it's doing the job. Yes, I'm going to repurchase...soon!