Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++

Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++
UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++

4.2

Water, Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Sodium Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Acrylates/C10-30 Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Agar, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrus Grandis, Citrus Medica Limonum, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis, Xylitol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Fragrance

on 1/12/2018 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a better than average formula than normal sunscreens, it is lightweight and leaves only a mild stickiness feel on the face. Goes well with makeup. However found out that it contains lots of alcohol, so would continue to try other sunscreens instead of repurchasing again

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

With my oily skin, this is a great sunblock for summer, as it has a small amount of alcohol to help it set to a matte finish. One of the issues I have is sunblocks breaking up on my skin as the day goes and melting into my eyes; I've yet to experience this using this phenomenon using this product. I did find, however, that using it during the drier part of the year (where I live, October to Jan/Feb) caused my skin to become flaky and dry. I'll use a more emollient product in the winter and this during the warmer, more humid months.

The formula itself is a very loose cream. The packaging is a typical squeeze tube, and I found that applying medium pressure to the bottle dispensed far too much product; using a lighter touch with the packaging to dispense the product, one bottle lasts about six-eight weeks of daily use.

I purchased it on Amazon for $23.99US with free prime shipping, making each bottle roughly $12 before sales tax.

on 12/10/2017 8:57:00 AM

MY HOLY GRAIL SUNSCREEN. It is super lightweight so it doesnt feel like Ive applied sunscreen. It keeps my face matte the entire day even though Ive oily skin. It doesnt leave a whitecast and neither did it break me out. It is priced reasonably and you can buy it at a cheaper price if you buy it online instead of watson

What do you do if you're a white, sun-sensitive, overly worried Scandinavian girl in sunny spring Japan who happens to be obsessed with cosmetics? You buy the most popular Japanese sunscreen, of course!

I was a bit hesitant on using it at first since my skin is known to be on the sensitive side, so not having the ingredients list in a language I could understand worried me for a moment. All these worries were for nought, however. This is a very light gel that spreads thinly and comes with heavy SPF so you only need one layer of it, and using two doesn't use a whole lot of product if you want to be extra cautious. It dries into a matte but doesn't dry out the skin at all, unlike some other Japanese sunscreens I tried (which turned out to be contain alcohol, which is terrible for my skin). You really only need one drop for the face and maybe one for your hands. The packaging is easy to carry around all day in a purse, which is useful during the summer.

I used it under a moisturizer, which is probably the best policy since I am unsure whether it moisturizes on its own. It works perfectly beneath make up since the finish is so matte. Simply put, this is the best sunscreen I have every used and I mourned the day I ran out of it (it lasted me all summer). If/when I return to Japan I am buying multiple packages, as much as I can carry. This product became a holy grail very fast for me.

on 10/17/2017 5:37:00 PM

I've tried every available sunscreen (both chemical and physical) on this planet and gave up on the hope of ever finding any that doesn't break me out or/and dry out my skin or/and turn me into a greaseball. I was talked into trying this one by a friend who is a fan of Asian skin products, and got me sucked into loving the stuff as well.

This one is THE sunscreen! Applies like a dream, keeps my dry parts moisturized, oily parts matte. Slightly blurs out imperfections. My BB cream and foundations look gorgeous with this sunscreen underneath. The only con I can think of the initial strong smell of alcohol, but it goes away quickly.

on 10/17/2017 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Had high hopes as it's easily available in Asia and relatively inexpensive. I loved everything about the texture. I didn't like what it did to my skin - cystic acne all over. My skin probably doesn't like chemical sunscreens.

on 10/17/2017 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I ordered this from amazon from a Japanese seller so it took forever to get to me. I felt like it did a good job of protecting my skin so much that I never even tanned on my face during the summer. With one application it was fine, lightweight and not greasy but if I re-applied later on in the day, OMG. It was so think and greasy, and I was so shiny you could see me a mile away. I won't repurchase for that reason. FYI, I have oily skin.

on 10/13/2017 2:49:00 AM

Tried this as it was recommended by my makeup obsessed friend and saw it as a recommended product by Cosme.

I have very sensitive skin that's allergic to alcohol so I was very afraid to use this product.

But since I've been using it so far I've had no breakouts (I get rashes from alcohol) and my face does seem noticeably smoother and softer. The product doesn't feel sticky on your face and dries quickly. I use it with my physiogel moisturizer so it doesn't dry me out.

I do use an oil cleanser to make sure that the sunscreen is removed from my face and have a double cleanse routine.

on 9/30/2017 6:53:00 PM

I've tried easily a dozen sunscreens (both Asian and Western brands) and this is hands down my favorite. I've repurchased this multiple times and am actually quite anxious about having to switch to the new 2017 formula since I hear it is less cosmetically elegant.

I put on a thick layer every day and it settles in super quickly and feels like absolutely nothing on the whole day. I even think it provides a slight blurring effect, smoothing some texture issues I have even though this is not one of the properties advertised. My skin is combo, dry and flaky on cheeks while somewhat greasy in the T-zone and this does not irritate my dry patches or exacerbate my oiliness. I normally avoid alcohol in face products, but its presence here does not bother my skin.

I'll update this review in 40 years if I still have baby butt skin unmarred by wrinkles.

Caveats:
*I do use an oil cleanser to remove this at the end of the day. I have very clog prone skin and if I remove with an oil cleanser this does not break me out.

*I have noticed that when I use this sunscreen during hot weather (read: really sweaty), I have picked up some color. So if you anticipate a lot of sweating I would choose a more tenacious sunscreen or reapply frequently.

on 9/19/2017 8:10:00 PM

This sunscreen is one of the best items I have ever tried. I bought it at Daiso at AU$19 and I could say its price was quite cheap, compared to other quality products.
I did try drugstore items like Neutrogena, Sunbum, and Invisible zinc (Australian products) and I don't like them at all. Neutrogena make my face itchy while Invisible zinc lefton white on my face.
Biore Aqua sunscreen includes watery essence which moistures your skin and its texture is gel which absorbs into your skin quickly, leave your skin comfortable. The new packaging is nice, too.