Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++

UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++

4.2

ance

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I really really wanted to like this product. I tried so hard to like it, but honestly this product failed me. I was looking for good sunscreens and heard that asian brands stock good sunscreens so decided to purchase this off amazon. The price is fantastic. However, this product did not gel well with my skin at all.

I have combination skin that is easily prone to dehydration if not nourished or looked after properly. I sought out to buy a sunscreen to protect my skin, but this made me get small pimples on my forehead and completely sucked out all the moisturisers I had layered under my skin, stripping my skin and causing my cheeks and forehead to get slightly dry. This product has heaps of alcohol in it. Along with that, it's also fragranced and containts various citrus stuff which is extremely irritating for my sensitive skin. I react badly to products with alcohol so it's understandable why this didn't work for me. I really wanted it to, but it soaked right into my skin and didn't provide my skin with any nutrients. I don't doubt this sunscreens ability to protect me from UVA and UVB rays, i just hated the formula. Perhaps it would work better for those living in hot and humid climates. But for now I'll keep searching for the right sunscreen.

Purchased on Amazon, size was smaller than expected, yellow thin cream goes on beautifully and spreads evenly, absorbs well into my oily skin, I use powder foundation over it. I did not give it 5 lippies bc I'm not sure how long it lasts and I haven't had the chance to put it up to"in the sun for a whole day" test.

on 1/7/2017 10:21:00 AM

I live in Japan where this product is easily accessible. I've been using this ever since I learned how to do makeup. Always had good skin with only a few pimples from time to time.
However I stopped using this for a year and that's when all my skin problems came. Acne, hyperpigmentation, bigger pores, sun damaged skin. So I incorporated this to my skin care regime again. Made it a little bit better considering I also get breakouts from stress and environmental changes. But this doesn't really break me out.

It finishes very smoothly on the skin. Not greasy nor sticky at all. Just really smooth. My mom came to Japan and I tried this on her. The very next day she bought two tubes. This is one of the most popular sunscreens in Japan and available even in convenience stores.

However, I'm a little unsure of the alocohol content. I dunno if it affects me and how much alcohol it has, but overall this is a nice product. If I could find a better product, I'd buy it but right now I'm fine with this.

on 1/3/2017 7:38:00 AM

The only sunscreen that is non-sticky for me!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Despite being a natural redhead, I always avoided sunscreen. I absolutely hate it. It's thick, it's smelly, it melts and beads on my skin, it gets into my eyes and stays on my hands. I could go on.

But, I'm getting older and accepting not only that I'm slowly but surely aging, but I'm also at higher risk for skin cancer. Redheads don't tan- we fry. Like bacon. I heard that this was a good one and ordered a bottle as a trial.

It is a smaller sized bottle. I apply to my face and my hands (and up my arms depending on sleeve length). That much skin area adds up quickly. I'll definitely need more stock in one order since this stuff typically ships direct from Japan.

Oh, yeah, I'm planning on repurchasing. Why? It really does work. You'll definitely need to reapply during the day if you're outside for an extended time, just like others. But I brought this with me on a trip to Finland during the summer (when it's mostly daylight there during the season). I especially took care to apply it before a day trip to the zoo. Save for a little bit of burning on the back of my neck, I was crisp free! And even then the burning on my neck was incredibly minor to the point that I only felt a tinge of tingle.

Other positives: I find it comfortable to apply and wear. I'm very oily but the alcohol hasn't really broke me out or anything. It also worked okay under my makeup when I've tried that.

I do want to try the face milk one as well, since I've heard that that's better for my skin type. But I'm really satisfied with this so far. Thanks for making a sunscreen that I don't abhor, Biore!

on 12/19/2016 10:59:00 PM

Definitely love this sunscreen. It's super light and it does clog my pores! Price is amazing too.

on 12/19/2016 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

HG Product.
If you can get your hands on this, buy it. Now. Hands down the best face sunscreen I've used.

Previously had been using Missha's Sun Milk but they raised the price (more than double) so was looking for something cheaper. I can't use western sunblocks as it causes redness/stinging (and I have rosacea).

It's a light gel-lotion consistency that is slightly cooling upon application. Absolutely no white cast/film and once dry, it feels like nothing on your skin. Absolutely no irritation to my sensitive skin. I use it over my moisturizer, let it dry for a minute or two and then apply makeup and I've had no issues with it whatsoever.

The bad is that because it's so lightweight, if I am actively out in the sun, I feel like it doesn't last long/sweats off easily, but you're not quite sure what a good time to reapply is. And this is somewhat tricky to get your hands on in North America except through 3rd parties so shelf life may be questionable. I can sometimes find it on Amazon (but mostly get relatives to pick it up) and it's only around $15CAD.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is a better than average formula than normal sunscreens, it is lightweight and leaves only a mild stickiness feel on the face. Goes well with makeup. However found out that it contains lots of alcohol, so would continue to try other sunscreens instead of repurchasing again

My everyday sun screen. I can't leave home without it. It's so lightweight on the skin. I've already hoarded.

on 12/12/2016 12:59:00 AM

I had a hard time finding this, but it was worth the hunt. This sunscreen is amazing! It doesn't feel heavy or greasy and doesn't break my super-sensitive skin out at all. It layers really nicely over my moisturizer and under makeup, but would recommend 10 mins of dry time before putting my makeup on. I paid $20 AUD for this and it was worth every penny.