Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30

3.2

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I saw a glowing review of this in a magazine and decided to buy it. Like other people have said, I got the sample size, which is definitely enough to give it a try. It feels nice on my skin and lessens redness - I have a subtle red spot on my cheek that basically disappears under this. It's definitely not enough coverage to count as a foundation, but I tend not to need that much coverage in general so it works for me along with some powder and concealer.

I have been using this most days for about a week (only if going out/putting on makeup). So far, I have noticed that it really does even out my skin tone nicely, with no red or blotchy areas. It feels the tiniest bit like I am "wearing" something, but not terrible (usually I only use moisturizer and spot conceal, but no foundation). I was hoping to find a combination product containing sunscreen, and this isn't bad. I have noticed a small red bump or two after washing off, but they resolved quickly and no big breakouts. The real deal killer for me will be if I get milia, which is a frequent problem when I try new products. START WITH TRIAL SIZE FIRST. It's only $18 instead of $50, and you will receive plenty to give it a very good tryout because you need very little to apply.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought a travel size of this by mistake, thinking it was the tiger grass cream (without spf that comes in a tube) because I had tried a sample and liked it’s rich emollience.
After forgetting to bring it with on a few Sephora visits I came to terms with the fact that I probably won’t return it and decided to give it a try.
I have dry skin with some redness around my nose and pretty impressive dark rings under my eyes. This stuff does even that out, but I can’t see using this alone as a bb cream. It’s finish once set is..oddly adherent. Like a chamois, if that makes any sense. Which I like as a primer. So that’s kind of good.
But it’s not a primer. It’s a cream that’s supposed to even out skin tone enough to wear alone and improve skin texture by protecting it. At least that’s what I think it’s supoosed to do. I find the details on this a little cryptic.
They are as follows:
A green-to-beige color-correcting treatment
Corrects redness and helps protect skin from environmental aggressors
Solutions for redness, uneven skin tone, acne and blemishes
Support wounded skin exhibiting inflammation, redness or blemishes
Formulated WITHOUT Parabens/Sulfates/Phthalates

Maybe it’s me, but statements like “solutions for redness uneven skin tone acne and blemishes” seem kinda vague. As do the other bullet points provided, other than the last list of ingredients it does not contain.

I find this to be drying, which is acceptable I suppose since it’s not meant for dry skin.

If this was touted as a maytifying primer I would have A.probably not tried it and forced myself to return and B. Given it at least one more lippie for doing as it states.

I’ll try it again in the hot humid months and see what gives.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought the trial size about a month ago and have been using this in place of a bb cream (also Dr. Jart+) or tinted moisturizer. I have perioral dermatitis that never really goes away, but since beginning the serum and this color correcting cream the discoloration around my chin has been covered. I’m impressed! I’ve tried all sorts of foundations and creams, but was always left with noticeable redness—and the thicker the foundation the worse my dermatitis would get. It even seems that the underlying redness (the remnants of a flare-up) is improving. My only peeve? The texture makes my face feel a little sticky. Nothing that a little powder wouldn’t fix. I’ll definitely be buying the full size.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

A few months ago I suffered an eczema flare up. So after the eczema started to resolve, I wanted to address the lingering post inflammatory redness. This was not as helpful in helping with the redness. I feel a BB/CC cream is more efficient in masking the redness. It left a "layer" sensation on my skin. I don't plan on finishing this up going in the trash.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm in the middle of testing this for 30 days. Bought a sample size jar so I wouldn't be blowing my money if it broke me out or didn't work.

So far I'm liking the effects. The red spots on my face are toned down quite a bit, the smell isn't bad and fades quickly, and is a decent sunscreen as well. Freaked me out the first time I opened the jar and saw the greyish-green cream!

I'd say this is more for folks with dry to combination skin without a lot of oiliness. I wouldn't have been able to use this about 10 years or so back but now as I'm a bit older, it plays well with my skin.

Will try to come back in a month or so and update.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's just day one with this product, but so far, I like it very much! I'm also a fan of Cerimidin Day Tint, but only in the cooler months, and as a light layer for other products.
I'm 62, and today was just simply a casual day. When I opened the jar (green!) I really had little hope that this could perfect what I wanted minimized. But, it did. It's crazy, really. I used a light moisturizer (UD Gel) and just tapped bits out of the plastic lid to try it
out. SPF 30? Great! As I rubbed it over my face, to my surprise, it covered what I wanted covered. Pores, evened out my cheek redness, and just basically did a nice job as a light TM, so to speak. Since I was home with family, I just used a tiny bit of PUR Minerals as a dusting over, with no concealer.
Seriously, if you are slightly dry/slightly oily, with some ageing issues, give this a try. I bought primarily as an SPF winter product, but it's going to be MORE than that.
The small jar is $18 USD which I purchased at Sephora, for 20% off, making it slightly over $14.
If you are oily or young (under 40) or light/medium or darker, I doubt it would work for you.

This is my tinted moisterizer for days where i am red from acne scarring and hormonal issues. It smells good, i like that it smells like medicine lol it doesnt break me out. Its green but turns to my skin color after rubbing it in.(i am light neutral color nc20 in mac and maybelline classic ivory 120) A little pricey but i dont use much at all. Probably expire before i finish it. Ive had mine for over a year and its still good. Great for people who just have redness and lighter skintones. It can be worn as foundation. Coverage is light though but i dont need too much for evening out the skin. Looks natural. Sometimes it can be a bit drying in the winter, make sure to moisturize and i use mac fix + for that also

Edit- this is a bit drying for me now in the winter and started to clog my pores. I think maybe mine is going bad since i had it for so long. Def not buying the big jar next time ill stick with a tiny sample jar if i do repurchase.

I have extreme combination skin (very dry cheeks, oily/dehydrated t-zone), so I was looking for something to even out my skin but not look made up. I can use this on my chest adequately. Not amazingly, just better than on my face. Not much coverage. On my face, it looks chalky and accentuates dryness, even on my nose, which is oily but I guess the "dehydrated" aspect comes into the forefront. You would think the oil would sort of mix with the product and in a few hours it would look good, but it sort of sits on top of the skin and starts to look like I painted my nose some weird putty color. Thank goodness I only bought the small jar to try.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I saw Rachel Nguyen of That's Chic (n/a) using this product, and was immediately intrigued. The packaging, though less hygienic than a tube, is quite functional and reminiscent of asian chinese medicinal products (think Tiger balm). I use the cream on days when I need little to no coverage. It work it into my skin with a flat kabuki (the Shiseido foundation brush) immediately after applying primer, when my skin is a little damp. The cream leaves a bit of white cast at first but adjusts in a few minutes (I am NC25-30 in Mac shades), and works well to cancel out any redness on application. My only gripe is that it is not very long lasting - my skin redness starts to show through again in about five hours' time. That, and the expensive price tag. Otherwise, love the texture and light coverage. The light scent is a plus too!