wet n wild Photo Focus Pressed Powder

wet n wild Photo Focus Pressed Powder

3.8

Talc • Silica • Boron Nitride • Nylon-12 • Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride • Polysorbate 80 • Kaolin • Cyclopentasiloxane • Synthetic Fluorphlogopite • Lauroyl Lysine • Dimethicone • Trimethylsiloxysilicate • Phenoxyethanol • Polybutene • Caprylyl Glycol • Dimethicone Crosspolymer • Xanthan Gum • Hexylene Glycol • Ethylhexylglycerin • Triethoxycaprylylsilane • Water • o-Cymen-5-ol • Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer • Tin Oxide • Dimethiconol • Aluminum Hydroxide • Methicone /- (CI 77019/Mica • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides • CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

on 8/7/2018 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

My most loved face powder ever. It’s excellent

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I would love to tell you how this product perform, but the powder is pressed so hard that it is nearly impossible for me to get any onto my face! Brushes won't pick any up, neither will puffs or sponges. The only way I can use this powder is to scrape some off of the top...and even doing that is tough, not to mention messy! Sorry, but there's too much work involved for me to even consider keeping it around.

on 2/14/2018 3:16:00 PM

I was really excited to try this last summer after seeing kathleenlights rave about it...but her and I must have very different skin because this does not look good on me whatsoever. I tried it a few times, it made me look blah, washed out, dry, and aged me ten years. Put it away in the makeup graveyard for a few months, then pulled it out recently to try and remember why I stopped using it. I realized I was picking up zero powder no matter what brush I used, then realized a crust had formed over it making it too hard. I scraped the top off and blew away the excess. Tried again. Made me look old and dry and like I was obviously wearing powder. Felt like an old woman from another century. No thanks!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I used wet n wild's old powder in the rectangle box, that they discontinued for this one. I miss the old formula. It gave good coverage, and this one doesn't cover anything and barely even takes away shine.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I currently have Tan Beige and it is a perfect match. This will be my third time purchasing this powder. It is affordable, doesn't break me out, and is easy to blend on my skin. It will exaggerate any dryness, so just make sure to prep skin well before use. It also doesn't oxidize which is important to me since my skin is oily. Compact is small enough to slip in my purse or pocket for a touch up.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was honestly shocked at how good this powder is. I kind of bit the bullet getting it because I generally avoid powder-based makeup made in China (lead, asbestos, etc) but Wet N Wild is a pretty established name with a good track record despite their rock-bottom prices. This blends so beautifully and imparts a radiance-without-oily-shine that is far beyond its price point. I have even used it in place of mineral makeup on days I don't feel like I need foundation! it sets concealer well too. The packaging is pretty standard budget fare and chintzy, but the lid has at least stayed attached. I will likely purchase again and am considering even using in my pro kit, since it photographs so beautifully, as long as my clients don't mind the less-than-luxury brand. Hey, it works! which is more than I can say for some powders 5x the price!

on 1/12/2018 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love love this powder!
It’s a struggle for me to find a powder that isn’t
over-mattify, cakey looking & β€œheavy” feeling on my normal-dry skin! I didn’t have much success with translucent powder either.
This powder comes in version shades, feels silky to the touch & have a lovely dewy finish.
No cakey, powdery look what so ever!
I have two shade-
Warm light- have a light, yellow-ish tone.
(NC light range)
Natural beige - goes much better for my neutral leaning cool undertone.
Great formula & price point.

Update: when to top layer is gone, the powder shed tons of fallout!!! And that beautiful photo focus effect seems to diminish. :(
bummer! still on the hunt for a HG...

on 9/26/2017 4:52:00 PM

I was really hopeful that this would be a good dupe for MAC Mineralize Skinfinish, but I can't say that it even comes close; perhaps in colors, but not in function. Since this is not marketed as a foundation but only as a finishing powder, I gave it 3 stars (maybe 2.5). If this was sold as foundation, I'd give 1 star or even less!

I bought this first in Warm Light (821E) because it was the only one left on the display and I wanted to try it. It's too light for my skin (but not very noticeable), so I looked in another store and picked up Neutral Beige (823C), which is kind of too dark (again, not very noticeable). The finish of this powder is nice and light, however the coverage is also very light and definitely NOT a foundation powder (which is what I had been hoping for, based on other reviews). Using a fluffy brush picks up very, very little powder. I also tried a flat buffing brush and a dense smaller brush... slightly better for building it up a bit, but not great. Rubbing my finger over it several times hardly picks up anything, either. I even tried scratching it up with my fingernail and it's just very hard. I've never tried a powder that is this hard.

For the reasons above, I don't really like this powder... you just can't get enough product unless you really work at it. It's good in a pinch if you need a light coat or to kill some shine, but that's about it. The finish is very subtle, hardly noticeable. Kind of disappointing because at $6, this is a real bargain... but not if it doesn't do what you want it to. Still searching for MAC MSFN dupe...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I absolutely love this stuff because it provides coverage in one swipe of a powder brush, keeps oil at bay, and minimizes shine even on my oily skin. I wear it in Warm Light and find that it is perfect for my very light olive complexion that typically requires some form of ivory in foundation. I would buy this powder again and again!

on 7/23/2017 4:44:00 PM

I had to delete my review and write a new one. I did like this a lot but now I don't :( I have warm light which I was using all over my face but thought it made me too light so now I use this for my undereye and now I think warm beige or something for my face. I use this with the flat top elf brush and never have an issue picking up product. It doesn't add a lot of coverage or color but if you have one too light or dark it will be noticeable. There's a lot of product, it's cheap and the packaging is nice. But after using this for a few weeks, I've noticed it doesn't really set my foundation. I've noticed being more oily during the day or dewy but my skin isn't really oily to begin with. Today I went over my entire face twice with it and my skin still feels tacky. Disappointing. Maybe it's just because of the warm weather? I've never really noticed anything like that with my coty airspun. But since I still have a whole pan of the darker one left and quite a bit of the light one I'll still use it up during the day for work I suppose. I don't have issues with it under my eye with not setting but I still wouldn't repurchase for that, either. I'll stick to my coty once this is gone and for when I go out.