4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

This product has often been compared to MAC's Studio Fix Powder (and some reviewers even say it's BETTER than MAC). I'm NC20 and I've tried 3 shades now: Light Beige (too pale and yellow, so requires more bronzer), Natural (perfect), and Deep Natural (perfect on application, but a tad too orange after it oxidizes). Pros: - I LOVE the texture of this powder: makes my troublesome, acne-prone, pockmarked skin feel like SATIN - Great staying power: lasts all day long, which is rare when it comes to powders Cons: - Oxidizes after a few hours (but MOST powders oxidize on my oily skin, so...) - Less coverage than MAC's Studio Fix Powder, but at least this one doesn't get cakey on me - The flip-top lid is really flimsy...afraid it will snap off any moment now - Eucalyptus and clove scent: reminds me of Cover Girl powders back in the 90's. I'd prefer if it were slightly floral instead. - Difficult to find a great shade match because the names and color swatches online aren't reliable - Hard to find online from US retailers Despite the long list of cons, YES I'm still giving it 4 lippies, and YES I'd repurchase. It's no longer available on Amazon, but I'll keep looking!

About reviewer (145 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

2 months ago

I don't know how to feel about this powder, it is nice, but not for me. I'll try my best to voice my opinions fairly as preferentially this powder isn't for me. I think looks very nice and it's hard to go too much or wrong with this powder, it really does look flawless. Its hard to make this look cakey. I don't use this as a foundation though as I dont like a matte finish. I probably would adore this if it had a sheen like the hourglass ALPs. I tried using this to set my spot concealing and it did nothing for longevity, the concealer faded after a few hours. I also don't like the packaging, it's very cheap and flimsy, and it has an extra compartment that you flip up and it has a cheaply made thin sponge which is terrible and a mirror which is appreciated but I'd rather it just have the product to slim down, as it's quite bulky or find a better way to store it efficiently, like the MUFE matte velvet powder. Overall it's a very nice powder but just not for me.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

from

5 months ago

This pressed powder is so easy to apply and blend. It's not hard to over do and look cakey. It gives me a nice natural and flawless look and sets my foundation well. The packaging could be improved. I personally don't use the provided powder cushion and I feel the compartment for it is a waste of space which could make the container a little thinner. I use the e.l.f total face brush to apply this and it works just fine. I feel the price is very reasonable and a lot of the time Australis is on sale anyway.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesBrown

a year ago

I have acne prone dry skin with scars,freckles and pigmentations. 23y/o I first discovered Australis as a brand when I was looking for a cheaper alternative to the Mac studio fix powder and I haven’t looked back since. In NZ where I live Australis is a readily available very affordable,cruelty free quality makeup brand, they definitely have their “star of the show” products and some misses, but fortunately this isn’t one of those. Applies very easily, doesn’t emphasise dryness , adds additional coverage if needed and my favourite thing is the finish. If I sweep this over my foundation with a soft bristled fluffy brush I get a nice natural ever so slightly matte look, but if I pack this on with a dense flat top it gives me lots more coverage, who wouldn’t want something that does both instead of having to have two different products..? However I apply it never looks dull! Can tend to look a little dry if you do not moisturise well (when applying heavier) I’ll continue to but this because it’s affordable, has a great colour range and works well!

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

2 years ago

It’s good coverage I get red skin so it’s seeks throughout the day on ny cheeks but it kinda looks cute aha, i like it cause without foundation it looks very natural and flawless, I have noticed that I’ve gotten a few pimples since using it for two days but that might be due to something else

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

2 years ago

I enjoy this powder, unlike some powders I've used this isn't terribly drying like some. However I wish you could get a translucent colour. I know where I am I can't get that. I cannot find a color to match me perfectly.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair

2 years ago

I have gone through at least 6 of these. I will never use another powder again, its perfect. Never discontinue this Australis please!!!

About reviewer (69 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

2 years ago

I have tried MAC Studio Fix Plus Powder (NC15) and Australis Fresh & Flawless Pressed Powder (Light Beige). The Australis formula is better in my opinion - thicker texture, more coverage, softer feel, easier application. A lot cheaper too! $18 NZD ($65 NZD for the MAC). However it is a cheaply made product, made in Taiwan and I don’t know how many grams are in the Australis compact to compare. However I have tried many other brands of pressed powder than I’m proud to admit ..but keep going back to this one simply because it’s the best out there (and cheap!) My only complaint is the packaging. It’s not refillable so bad for the planet. The old Australis F&F had really nice sleek black packaging (VERY similar to the MAC one). Australis changed it a few years back, I don’t like their new packaging. Its looks cheap. The see-through lid means the mirror is now below the powder and it’s fidgety going back and forth. I love MAC’s packaging 100% more. However can not spend $65 on a powder if there’s a better one on the market for a lot cheaper. I have brought many of this product over the years & will probably continue to do so! :)

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGray

3 years ago

LOVE LOVE LOVE this powder. I have the shade light beige and it matches me perfectly. Great coverage, and really helps with my breakouts/oil, and it is cruelty free!!! Would 1000% recommend <3 <3 <3

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

3 years ago

I finally got my hands on this and I just love it, I use the color "NUDE" and it matches my NW20 skin perfectly. It was a hassle to get but I would most certainly buy it again. I think it will last quite awhile, using for a foundation or even over makeup. Use lightly. SO WHERE IS IT REGULARLY AVAILABE IN THE US?

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age30-35